Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Ye old September bugs here

Known issues
MAJOR
:arrow: Still getting No Free Edict Errors
- This is the #1 thing preventing an MSC 1.1 full release, IMO.
- Actually I just *assume* we still are, as I've not taken any new steps against it this month.
- TBH, I've no idea where to even start, as I can't even figure a way to get a dependable edict count.

MINOR
:arrow: K. Cult fire knife seems to not be throwing proper on dedicated servers. :/
- Only tested that one on a listen server - blarg. This may affect the ice lances on the Hoarfrost Shard as well, as the methods are similar.
:idea: Various weirdness with Dark Sword
- Should be fixed next month

Aesthetic
:arrow: You may get negative to hit rolls if you have a high enough score to strike
- This is actually an ancient bug, but likely resolvable.
- (Forgot to stab at it)
:arrow: Gladiator armor displays as Orochi's jacket to other players
- Possibly something similar with Armor of Bravery.
- This will likely mean some major overhaul of the armor display system that will require my being home to test via mp-lan (not had a whole lot of that home time as of late).

Fixed from SEP2007b
- Hopefully Lightning Storm will be less crashy
- Note the visual effects have changed a bit, if ya don't like the new effects, say so. If enough folks complain, I'll take a stab at making it look more like the old fx - tis just the client and server side effects use different scales.

Ancient/Perpetual
Known Ancient bugs:
- People still can get stuck in each other on spawns. (Partly Map Flaw)
- Swimming in waterfalls (Map flaw).
- Map crash on transition (memory dealocation error). (use AMX and Restarter as workaround)
- Become invisible when putting on armor (armor display bug work around, type 'vis' in console)
- Unable to chat after some people disconnect bug. (suggest votemap workaround - or the upcoming fake client AMX plugin)
- All entities invisible bug (type kill in console to cure).
- Lights/sprites not going away / sticking to other objects
- Occasionally a weapon/spell will stop doing damage until it is unequipped then re-equipped.
- Menu-based vote kick system does not work proper (use ms_allowkickvote 0, and use the AMX kick system instead [votekick in chat])
- Occasional scrambled inventory: wearing potions/scrolls, etc. Usually caused by clicking on a character multiple times before load.
- Can't use charge attack in laggy conditions. (Work around: look at the floor and pray.)
- Sitting animation bugs (sometimes saves to character for awhile)
- XP system is screwy, to say the least. (DOT not passing XP, wrong XP values sometimes return, etc. etc.)
- All water sometimes goes white (texture stretch bug, restart)
- Mod_ExtraData Cacheing Failed: Listen servers must start on Edana, from there you can changelevel anywhere you want.
- Typing issues in chat. Especially with European keyboards.
- Matching elemental resistances do not stack and will cancel one another out. (Not so much a bug, so much as a limitation and reminder of said - might find away around this in the future).

Also Not liable to go away soon:
- Some monsters still capable of some acts while frozen (jumping, etc.)
- Orion Bow jamming sometimes, (I've no idea how to fix this without dropping the whole charged weapon concept.)

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Just ran Nightmare Thorns and still getting 6 xp per boar. Also Posion skellies in the caves were not giving any exp at all, however soul reaver and ice skelly seemed to give right amounts.

And personally, let me be the first to say I like the new Light Storm look, and so far it hasn't crashed your server with two people spamming it at the same time.

Also, GiB now costs 10 mana for the freeze charge? Maybe a bug maybe a new thing?

Where art thou thothie whom isn't replying as a voice in the sky on his server...

(Also you can restart it now if you want)

• Admin

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hmm... Bleh, I think I see what that is but... Jeeze... This should have been going on for months now, and I've not gotten one report on it. :\

...fixed... May put up a ninja-patch for it (not worth a B-patch just for that, especially since it doesn't seem to be a result of the patch, but of a previous one).

Also noticed something in my chatlog regarding elite snipers - in their case, the XP is just plain set wrong [60, should be 150] (also, surprised no one ever said anything, but it's been that way since their inception).

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
- TBH, I've no idea where to even start, as I can't even figure a way to get a dependable edict count.

I have some ideas, but I don't even know how to re-allocate edicts, TBH. Did you ask the NS team or the ***Mod team for help?

• Admin

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
***mod team is dead sfaik. I can't seem to get the IRC entry for the NS dev team to work (prob moved when Iw asn't looking)... I kinda boycotted the NS forums after we consties got completely ignored in all th beta-tests (don't blame us! they don't listen!) ;), but I suppose I could brown nose around for that.

Surprised the svencoop team wouldn't help - wouldn't even tell me where to go to ask, bastards. I guess they see us as competition (both coop mods, basically).

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Loving how the new dagger doesn't work.

Perhaps you could rename it the 'Kharaztorant Decorative Dagger'.

• Admin

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, saw that...

If you launch a listen server, you can get an idea of what it is supposed to do... I'm not sure why it'd be that insanely different dedicated... But I think it has to do with the weapon registration. Be awhile before I can fix that, and likely not worth a B patch.

The thrown attack is actually where most of the punch is on that one too. :/

Worried that it'll affect the ice lances on the new sword as well. Similar method.

Gotta head out soon, and likely not back until Friday to really look into it.

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Casting light storm, switch to a weapon and then attacking causes a small hit of light damage to be done along with your weapon. Tested it for a minute with ls and tork, don't know about other combos.

Dark sword still appearing to need 320 proficiency.

Picadilly

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
Lightning Storm has been giving a tad of dmg since at least the August patch, when you switch to a different weapon for the initial hit. I noticed GiB draining 10 mana as well and randomly throwing out improper animations (kinda looks like a PsB animation)...
With the elite archers, I've been getting anywhere from 6X-72 (max.) XP for them for months. Of course it depends on how many times you hit them... I would have gladly posted improper XP values had I actually known what they were supposed to be. If we don't know how much they're supposed to give, we won't notice that anything is wrong...

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Right now I'm hosting my dedicated [FN] server on guildmaster so Mario can get himself some crests, but in the past sixteen minutes he crashed my server nine times by attempting to put one of his MK crests in a big sack.

I'm not sure about this month's patch, but up to last month's patch, I never crashed servers by putting a BoU crest in a big sack.

Edit: So I just tested this with Mario:
I can put a Blades of Urdual crest in my big sack.
Mario can put a Blades of Urdual crest in his big sack.
I can not put a Mushroom Kingdom crest in my big sack (server crashes).
Mario can not put a Mushroom Kingdom crest in his big sack (server crashes).

There's obviously a problem with the MK crest. The BoU crest is unaffected, but perhaps other crests also suffer from new issues. And I think it's safe to say that neither my nor Mario's character have an issue that causes the server to crash, nor my or Mario's big sack.

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I was retrieving my crest and tried to put them into bags...

Tested it with other crests and only the MK crest crashes the server.

"Can Master-Sword handle a crest of this magnitude?"

SoooOOooo

I have to use up 2 character slots to carry a total of 6 spares...

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Just in case that was not meant to be, Greater undead firegiants gives a whopping 150 exp.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
HumanSteak said:
Just in case that was not meant to be, Greater undead firegiants gives a whopping 150 exp.
on MY server they give 700xp and bone bldae fall from sky!
[/pimpstaism]

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Dark sword still appearing to need 320 proficiency.
I don’t think anyone using the DS has a 320 proficiency.

Jelly demonstrated some odd bit where the second level charge was doing less damage than the first – trying to figure that one out.

I would have gladly posted improper XP values had I actually known what they were supposed to be. If we don't know how much they're supposed to give, we won't notice that anything is wrong...
Well when blackhand archers that hit for about 16hp give teh same xp as Orc Elite Snipers that strike for 70hp (+ are smarter, + have stun attacks when ya try to meele them), I expect a J-M style MSC sucks rant. ;) But tis true, I should be thankful to be spared. ;)

Right now I'm hosting my dedicated [FN] server on guildmaster so Mario can get himself some crests, but in the past sixteen minutes he crashed my server nine times by attempting to put one of his MK crests in a big sack.
Yeah, I got a PM on that…

I’m *guessing* it might be the crest name is too long to store in the pack proper (“The|Crest of the Mushroom Kingdom”). I’ve not had a chance. Really, other than a name and the index number, your two crests use the same script. When I get back I’ll test with a shortened name, after seeing if I can duplicate.

Greater undead firegiants gives a whopping 150 exp.
Sounds like what ya get when you use nothing but cold attacks against them… That’s not too far from what it should be, but this is again where they share the same script – and that’s what ya should get for the mid-level version of the beastie, with conventional weapons.

Monsters most likely to be affected are those that come in a series of levels (Fire Giants come in lesser, standard, and greater, snow boars come in regular, large, very large, and industrial size beefcake). This is, again, a bug that’s likely been going on several months, and just not noticed. I understand people not noticing things like the fire giant, where the XP ranges from 100-175 (we could raise that, based on how they've been used), but with the boars, where it goes from 6 to 250 – ya think it woulda raised an eyebrow or two. ;)

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie said:
I would have gladly posted improper XP values had I actually known what they were supposed to be. If we don't know how much they're supposed to give, we won't notice that anything is wrong...
Well when blackhand archers that hit for about 16hp give teh same xp as Orc Elite Snipers that strike for 70hp (+ are smarter, + have stun attacks when ya try to meele them), I expect a J-M style MSC sucks rant. ;) But tis true, I should be thankful to be spared. ;)
I stopped caring about XP after I read that post of yours in which you mentioned that Atholo should give about 47 000 XP, according to a logical XP ramp, while he actually only gives 800 XP (base value).
>_>

Thothie said:
snow boars come in regular, large, very large, and industrial size beefcake
Snow Boar
Ferocious Snow Boar
Gigantic Snow Boar
??? Snow Boar
There are only three variants, right?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
stopped caring about XP after I read that post of yours in which you mentioned that Atholo should give about 47 000 XP, according to a logical XP ramp, while he actually only gives 800 XP (base value).
>_>
Yes, if we used the logical XP ramp, everyone would be level 200. ;)

I've hacked the game enough to know that, 1) The game breaks down well before then, and 2) Well before then, Atholo starts to look like an Edana rat, and 3) The XP ramp was this way before I got here for a damned good reason. ;)

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
About G.undead firegiants, I always use darksword on them and whatever I kill them with (except GiB) it always gives 150.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, that one was mentioned (previous page).

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
When throwing blizzard, the ice ball is actually a small manaball (wrong projectile)

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Seals in Calruin2 dont work (maybe bad luck but happened twice to me)

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The p_gowns model didn't compile right;
The Blades of Urdual Crest is cropped at 360x302 whereas others are cropped at 372x341...

Picadilly

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
Weird

Weird. I've been getting 30XP off of orcish flayers, 8XP off of the ice troll lobbers, and 20 something off of greater undead fire giants, 4XP off of goblins, 1XP off of orc archers, 12XP off ice elementals... In fact, it seems that the elite blackhand archers are the only ones giving normal XP?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
You only get XP for the damage you did. If more than one person is attacking the beastie, you each get XP proportionate to the damage you did when it dies.

slaga

New Adventurer
Reaction score
gold ring quest: (not the one where u give it to the old man for a psb)
well i went around in a wild goose chase and finally at the actor outside mscaves. when i ask him about the ring, he just says he needs me to help him with a little problem, then nothing else, is this a bug or something? >.<

lightning storm:
if someone try to stun u while u are using lightning storm, he gets stunned intead (worked on dwarven zombies)

hitbox glitch:
occassionally, when i attack a monster, the attack doesnt register at all until i walk away from the monster, then i can hear the swing of my attacks and it goes back to normal.

fatal error:
and lastly, i keep getting this new fatal error from the octa patch more frequently. fatal error: sendpacket error: wsaeintr something like that.

Shadeska

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The gold ring (bloodstone) quest is not glitched, it's just frustrating :p Since no one ever figured it out on their own... there is an item in the scary forest that you need to give him. That should help somewhat and I hope this post doesn't get deleted.

Lightning storm: Uh-huh, been around.

Hitbox glitch: Not a glitch. Just a lotta lag.

Fatal error: Thothie, halp!