OCT2007a Bug Reports

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Something along the lines of each level of physical skills gives you YourSC/10 in mana?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Tis the slow-up at the moment, Parry just affecting way too many different things, so must work out the details thar. Tis tempting to say you only get mana for SC, and just say about 10/level/level. (So, SC1 = 10, mana, SC2 = 30, SC5 = 150, SC10 = 550, SC20 = 2100... wait... no... jeeze... hmmm... Maybe just 30 per level beyond one and 10 to start instead? :/ SC1=10 SC5=130 SC10=280 SC20=580?)

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I'd go with 20 per level...As it stands, I have 380 MP, 5xx MP is probably way unbalancing.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The second one sounds good. A general increase in mana (which is very much needed what with GiB costing MP all of a sudden) and its much friendlier to those who specialize in magic.

Moira

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I'll keep posting spelling typos, until someone relevant tells me to stop bothering them. And if I am, please do.

Lately I've been playing with Venevus...
-yes yes, I know he's grossly overpowered for my character, several players (mid to high) have vehemently told me so and acted insulting or insulted (which was wholly unintended, I know the level of the area I'm in and the bosses' abilities, and the bits I don't know I'm trying to figure out) when I didn't immediately drop what I was doing and conform to their opinion... It's irrelevant to me, I enjoy working out strategies and chipping away at bosses that are over powered for me. It's part of playing with sticks that launch other pointy sticks. I like using stick technology in conjunction with other things.
It's like puzzle to solve, how to beat an overpowered boss with an underpowered character. It does require a bit of patience, but I'm no hurry. Essentially I'm having fun and incidentally I do often beat them ahead of my level, it takes too long to be fruitful in terms of exp and expendables and as we all know the treasure system is geared for groups. Regardless of whether or not I solve that puzzle I have fun trying to and I derive a lot of satisfaction when I actually succeed. That's why I play games. Sometimes I even get a pleasant surprise, I got Geric's armor off of a solo run of the WW series.
Note that I'm in no way denigrating partying (double entendre intended). As I see it, playing in a group and cooperating is another fun experience to be had in the game.

Group playing is harder to organize though. I don't like being in a group with high levels because they wind up doing the map by themselves while I just peck at the opposition from the edges, effectively leeching xp and any share of the treasure they are willing to give me.
Ideally, for me, a group is composed of people with similar levels... but that is often hard to arrange. Personalities, game styles, and playing paces can clash when people are around... and being in a different timezone can further rarefy potential co-players. -

I digress... Listen to your sig, I tell myself.

...Venevus shocked me with chain lightning giving me the message "you were electricuted" instead of electrocuted.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Moira, go to orc_arena ;-)

Seriously, though. That map hurt me with the spelling and grammar >_<

Moira

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Frankly, I didn't notice last time I ran that map... Oh noes, there goes my pretense at literacy!
Blasto will kick me out...

Admittedly, last time I ran the map, I wasn't paying much attention... Then Tull showed up wondering who was bored enough to vote into that map and cleaned up all the orcs. I'll run it again to see.

Incidentally, what's the story/history behind that map? Was it de-EXPed because it was too concentrated a source of easy EXP giving orcs? Was it a cheat map? Was it part of a series? Why is that ghost running? My curiosity is piqued.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Too much exp in a concentrated area. Thothie said he would allow exp if there were multiple doors, I believe.

Moira

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
Too much exp in a concentrated area. Thothie said he would allow exp if there were multiple doors, I believe.
Nodnod, figured as much; I was hoping for a better story though... Thanks for the info. : j

I'm sure these must have already been reported.

Levelling up affliction or divination gives a "Spellcast level (null) +1" message.

Forsuth the frosty buys Lesser IBs for 500, but he buys regular for 360... I can imagine narrative reasons for this, but it is a bit odd. I'd have checked GiB but I don't have one yet.

I thought this was fixed... If an object X is held in one hand and a potion in the other, drinking from the pot creates a third arm (for obvious reasons): two arms uncorking and handling the pot and another holding the first object. And trying to do it again, I find that I can't... It must have been one specific object or perhaps one server. I'll check this one further.

Changing armor makes it so that the player model appears to be effectively naked (read without gear) until the next respawn.

Well, that's the latest batch of insignificant oddities I've seen.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Moira said:
Forsuth the frosty buys Lesser IBs for 500, but he buys regular for 360... I can imagine narrative reasons for this, but it is a bit odd. I'd have checked GiB but I don't have one yet.

Yes, well, if you ask him (Forsuth), he actually tells you why. :wink:
Something about the Lesser Ice Blades being easier to sell I think. I don't remember, go ask him. :p

Moira

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Oh...
You think when he says "he can't sell the really good ones because they're too fancy" (rough quote from memory), he means the IBs?
I thought he was talking about the GiBs...
That would explain it... However that raises the question of how he reacts to GiBs.

Slaytanic_pb

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
Is it just me...

I'm wondering, how come for the past couple of months I've noticed that I haven't been getting any xp when I use volcano to kill something. I remember getting xp before, or is that hidden too as volcano levels a hidden stat?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
The mysterious volcano stat was removed, I believe. Furthermore, I think Thothie's exp fix should make it so volcano trains fire, if he chooses.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Re: Is it just me...

Slaytanic_pb said:
I'm wondering, how come for the past couple of months I've noticed that I haven't been getting any xp when I use volcano to kill something. I remember getting xp before, or is that hidden too as volcano levels a hidden stat?

I'm still getting XP off it, though I'm not sure what it's going into. I haven't officially checked.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Reporting exp and getting exp are two different things, I might add. I don't know if they're different in this case, but I don't know the last time I levelled "volcano".

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Nova blade volcano levels fire skill, if you know how to use it properly.

Moira

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Moira said:
I thought this was fixed... If an object X is held in one hand and a potion in the other, drinking from the pot creates a third arm (for obvious reasons): two arms uncorking and handling the pot and another holding the first object. And trying to do it again, I find that I can't... It must have been one specific object or perhaps one server. I'll check this one further.
All right... so I haven't tried with the whole line of two-handed weapons, but the heavy war hammer model is depicted as being a two-handed weapon, however it acts like a one handed: it allows you to equip a shield/potion/sword/etc at the same time... Which is rather convenient but looks as if the player is doing a smashing impression of Kali...
kali.jpg