No Connection

WHITE-LION

Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
None of the hosts on my local home network are able to connect to msremake.com. The web server is live and running obviously because I can make this thread via my phone on the cellular network, DNS resolves msremake.com from my computer and my father's computer but the web server does not respond to the pings from my PC nor laptop except the pings coming from my father's computer but those are ip6 packets, and there is no firewall on the side of my LAN blocking my connection to msremake.com. I don't know...has my IP address been blocked? or maybe the webmaster is in the process of configuring ip6? I remember this problem happening for the first time when I was trying to connect to the FTP service with windows explorer, windows could not make the connection and afterward I could not connect to the website.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Windows Key + R
Code:
cmd /k=%windir%\system32\tracert www.msremake.com

Select text, press enter, and paste results?

Website hosting is seperate from the server hosting, so I dun think anything going on with the server migration should affect it. IP6 seems to be resolving fine, though I had to re-enable it to check.

edit: Actually, looking at it again, after flushing my cache, I am getting some oddities with the IP6. Close as I can get now is pdns05.domaincontrol.com. Hrmm... Pesterin the RKS - not sure if it's the site or the domain registry.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
(Was hoping for text, but yeah...)

Meh, ya got one of those ISP's with odd host resolving, so, somewhat predictably, not as helpful as I'd hoped.

Since I cleared my cache, and it's started doing it here too, I'll pester RKS about it. IPv4 is fine though, should just resolve through that.

Ya don't have to post it here, but if yer curious:
Code:
cmd /k=%windir%\system32\tracert -4 -d www.msremake.com
Will do an IP4 trace without trying to resolve hosts - should complete, save maybe one or two hosts along the way, and do so much quicker, lest you've disabled IPv4 or something - which would likely be causing you all sorts of other issues.

If you are having other mysterious issues... If IPv4 was disabled on the router or your adapter, I wouldn't be able to tell ya how to check. If it was done in Windows....

• Windows_Key + R: %windir%\System32\control.exe ncpa.cpl
• Right click on your primary ethernet connection (or however you connect to your gateway), click "Properties"
• See if "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) is checked.

(Should work on Win7/10/Vista, maybe XP - do not suggest messing with anything else in there.)

Given that you have two computers in the same house exhibiting the behavior, however, if it was disabled, it was likely done so on the router/gateway side. (And, if so, probably time to have a long talk about messing with the router settings with someone.)

Last edited:

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Pm me your IP address that you're having an issue with.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Seems as though you may have attempted to log into the FTP incorrectly one too many times. PY004 has fixed ya, if that's the problem.

Seems it's resolving here again too, so probably just the result of my flushing my ip cache, and my DNS being kinda slow on the uptake. (Or just deciding I got there via the ip4, therefor I dun need the ip6.)

WHITE-LION

Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
The issue has been fixed, thank you.