white screen problem

nutzie

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hey there MSers, I recently got this urge to start playing MS again after 2 years break.
But now I got this problem see, my old computer went bye-bye and I'm stuck with this semi-ancient laptop(wich should be able to run MS without too much of a hassle).
But whenever I try to connect to a server/'start my own kingdom' my screeen is completely white, and it's not the health bottle thing. It's just completely white except for when I bring up the menu by pressing esc - then I can see everything as normal. But when I exit the menu it's back to the white screen.
My guess it's something borked up with my graphic card/drivers but I can't seem to find a solution.
I've tried every single graphic driver available for my machine but none of them seems to fix my problem.
I've also tried different resolutions and texture qualities, nothing works.

My specs are:

Intel Celeron M CPU 520 @ 1.60GHz
1024mb ram
Mobile intel 945GM express chipset family with 224MB of Vram
Windows Vista Home Premium (32bit)

If anyone can find a solution to my problem I'll be your slave forever, as I really want to get back to MS.
Thanks for your time.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
This can sometimes happen as a result of a failed update.

Reboot, close Steam, and download and install the full installer yonder:
http://www.msremake.com/download.php

You may wish to delete your MSC folder first, as further precaution.

nutzie

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Re-downloaded and reinstalled 3 times, still the same problem.
Here's is a screenshot of what I see;
edana0000.jpg

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
If it's a bloom related problem, then it would get fixed by pressing B no?

Otherwise you can always try installing MAY2010a, see if it works properly. If it does, then it mgiht be something in this patch/installer that messed with your laptop. I'm also getting problems myself once in a while since i got the new installer, more lag every once in a while, alot more overflows too... >_>

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Still looks like the response to a DLL missmatch, if this is happening a few moments after game start.

Check the date on your msc\cl_dlls\client.dll (Should be ~December 28th, 2010)
msc\dlls\sc.dll should be ~December 29th, 2010

Sometimes some versions of Windows like to copy-protect the DLLs causing them not to update proper. Ye may also have to run the installer as Administrator under Vista/7.

nutzie

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Tried older versions, still the same problem.
About the DLLs, they're both december 29th for me, tried to install as administrator a couple of times too, doesn't seem to work.

If I can't find any quick fix I'll probably go buy a new computer just to play MC, kind of need one anyways