New Version?

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
That male elf is a straight rip from morrowind. So is Maldora, actually, but he's retextured.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Orochi said:
That male elf is a straight rip from morrowind. So is Maldora, actually, but he's retextured.
Well, that's a relief... I'd much rather be (/continue) steeling from Morrowind than WoW.

Actually, a lot of the stuff around here is from Morrowind (stolen well before I arrived) - although I don't *think* Maldora is - I suspect FER be right there. The model itself was donated as original work by "Fate" - who also entitled it "Fate". *shrug*

Granted, some of our *original* artwork turned out to be from WoW... Remember Blooddrinker? Crow gave us a bloody sketch to build that from, and loe and behold, it turned out to be a WoW weapon anyways.

The female elf is from Warcraft III, I believe, rather than an actual WoW model - however, I figure Blizzard is much more likely to wave a cease of desist our way than Bethesda, with more stake in the same audience, and having such a distinctive appearance that's changed little over the years. As a result, I suspect Blizzard has a whole department dedicated to that task, unlike Bethesda, with their fairly generic fantasy theme and smaller budget. I stripped the elongated eyebrows and trimmed the ears, but it still screams WoW. :\

If we're lucky Sabre will save us, but I have to say, Little-G did a pretty good job on this thing. It's fully rigged, fully (and heavily) animated, and has a full weapon set - so it's very hard to beat, expedience-wise. And the gods know we've had more than enough time to come up with something. Times up.

I'm done with the melee female warrior scripts. I expect to be done with the archer script in a day or two. The Torkie necromancer will likely be done by the end of the week.

thesupersoup

Adventurer
Lead MSU Developer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Dejiko said:
wow, it's starting to look like MS:S will get their early beta out the door before the new version of MSC =/

Early beta, lol. It's barely an alpha XD
We're just releasing a single map, with two enemies and three weapons (Subject to change!)
just to say we're not dead, nor giving up...

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
yay morrowind meets mastersword! i (was) going to make an elf. but i got nothing but bad comments and i never finished it by the time my pc decided to crash and i had to reformat.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The first model you started had nothing but constructive criticism. The second one, you sort of lit a fire and invited the flames in, tbh :\

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
ceriux said:
yay morrowind meets mastersword! i (was) going to make an elf. but i got nothing but bad comments and i never finished it by the time my pc decided to crash and i had to reformat.
cool_story_bro.jpg

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
That looks good, what about the "non torkie" elf archer?
and the elf civilian?, are those still around?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Still have em... Assuming Skillasaur uses the scripts I cook up, should see the friendly archer and a friendly (male) priest near the start of the map.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
CrazyMonkeyDude said:
The first model you started had nothing but constructive criticism. The second one, you sort of lit a fire and invited the flames in, tbh :\

second?

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
CrazyMonkeyDude said:

how did i invite flames?! it was a good looking model which would have been finished if you guys weren't such fucking cock bags! the reason the first thread didnt have any flames is cause that first thread was made when the forums weren't a breading ground for assholes. so you guys stick with your ugly ass and stolen content cause any time you guys have a developer worth while you piss them off and cause them not to give a fuck about the mod. No one wants to work on msc cause hl1 is dying and mainly cause your all fucking cock suckers. so w.e hope you guys get fucking completely shut down or sued , suck a cock.

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Well, from what I see you were just being artiste who was getting all whiny because nobody was paying any attention. Even I know that people pay more attention to finished things, and I don't even have any creational skills. Learn to sit back and observe the flow of the project you are working on, and create what's needed, while ignoring comments that you deem are inappropriate. Take it with a pinch of salt.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Ceriux, you need to sit back and rethink what you just said. Maybe re-read the two topics CMD linked. When you go about saying "omgz u gais s8ck my skilz r bettar" people will eventually start flaming you and so on. Being nice to people never hurts, and quite often results in a preferable situation.

My two cents.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
ceriux said:
CrazyMonkeyDude said:

how did i invite flames?! it was a good looking model which would have been finished if you guys weren't such **** cock bags! the reason the first thread didnt have any flames is cause that first thread was made when the forums weren't a breading ground for assholes. so you guys stick with your ugly ass and stolen content cause any time you guys have a developer worth while you piss them off and cause them not to give a **** about the mod. No one wants to work on msc cause hl1 is dying and mainly cause your all **** cock suckers. so w.e hope you guys get **** completely shut down or sued , suck a cock.

That's how you invite flames. ;)

also this
ceriux said:
i remember everyone wanting this model super bad when i left... i come back actually able to player model and no one cares to even mention anything about it? should i bother to finish it?

And the general attitude you've had since you've returned hasn't helped.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
CrazyMonkeyDude said:
And the general attitude you've had since you've returned hasn't helped.
If you are referring to Ceriux' opinion on the whole password-request-thing for [FN]: he has thought of it like that since the day the [FN] password became private.
If you are referring to the piercing thread: as far as I know, Ceriux has always been a tad stubborn. Just because he asks for our advice, does not mean he is going to use it.
If you are referring to Ceriux not being the most subtle person in the boards: that's how I've known him for a while now. Just because he is one of the few who has the balls to mention "obvious facts" (as he describes them), doesn't mean he is going to do so subtly.

And I can see how he reaches his current verdict of the MS:C communty, when I read threads such as this one.

As for the model business: Ceriux, you should just join Cornholio, Rilez, the others and myself at MS:S. We can use a (non-stolen) Elf model in the future.

But I will add this: Ceriux, even though most people here either don't care or didn't read the thread about your Elf model, you overreacted a bit. MS:C probably won't get shut down or sued because it's simply too small. There's probably plenty of other things that can kill MS:C - such as the [FN] password, as you claimed once or twice - just for your information.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
As for the model business: Ceriux, you should just join Cornholio, Rilez, the others and myself at MS:S. We can use a (non-stolen) Elf model in the future.

Hehe i see what you did there! :mrgreen:

J-M v2.5.5 said:
But I will add this: Ceriux, even though most people here either don't care or didn't read the thread about your Elf model, you overreacted a bit. MS:C probably won't get shut down or sued because it's simply too small. There's probably plenty of other things that can kill MS:C - such as the [FN] password, as you claimed once or twice - just for your information.
Thats true, but never thought it could kill msc (the [FN] pw, that is). I guess i missed some negative things on msc that doesnt help it stay alive, anyways what's the password for? It's not going to help in anything from what i know except killing the mod, if there was no password to create servers im sure it would end up having lots more servers than the few that are still around struggling against the msc's death sentence day. The only reason i see for the existence of this pw is to keep the game accessable to only few trustworthy players who asked for the [FN] password and make their own servers. In my opinion this is wrong. Anyways its not of my concern to keep this game alive any longer, gave up on it quite sometime ago, it's like people end up seeing the reality of things and see no point on struggling more.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, we've had the password private for nearly two years - I think if that was responsible for killing the mod, it'd be dead by now.

The reason it is private is because CERTAIN PEOPLE like to spread cheats, sometimes doing so right in the FN forums themselves - fairly recently in fact. (...and I find it ironic that that CERTAIN PERSON should be complaining about the password being private now.)

We've added 15 hosts or so in the past three months, and as you can see, less than 10% ever bother maintaining a dedicated server - and really, those who will are the only ones who should be getting the password. As being so free with it hasn't helped, the signs are that opening it to everyone would just bring a fresh flood of cheaters while likely providing no more dedicated servers.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
yeah, ill agree i may over react... but come on... i just hate how everyone thinks they can run their mouths (politely) honestly that pisses me off more... id rather someone went all out and i laughed about it later... idk polite dicks to me are stuck up. i dont like stuck up people and in regard tward ms:s im not sure if im skilled enough to make a nice quality hl2 player mdl. not only that i dont agree with brians plans about the work flow twards models being put into the mod. i suggested making a base human model with different skins and model attachments to make the npcs flow nicely with the world and player and he doesnt want that he just wants to throw garbage in as fast as possible which i dont agree with. yet i get along with brain even though i dont agree with him. so i wonder why i can get along with brain and not the majority of the ms:c forumers?

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Well, we've had the password private for nearly two years - I think if that was responsible for killing the mod, it'd be dead by now.

The reason it is private is because CERTAIN PEOPLE like to spread cheats, sometimes doing so right in the FN forums themselves - fairly recently in fact. (...and I find it ironic that that CERTAIN PERSON should be complaining about the password being private now.)

We've added 15 hosts or so in the past three months, and as you can see, less than 10% ever bother maintaining a dedicated server - and really, those who will are the only ones who should be getting the password. As being so free with it hasn't helped, the signs are that opening it to everyone would just bring a fresh flood of cheaters while likely providing no more dedicated servers.

why not look at "cheaters" as bug finders?

Jelly said:
Ceriux, you need to sit back and rethink what you just said. Maybe re-read the two topics CMD linked. When you go about saying "omgz u gais s8ck my skilz r bettar" people will eventually start flaming you and so on. Being nice to people never hurts, and quite often results in a preferable situation.

My two cents.

it wasnt meant as an insult my model was better. Im sorry if i felt something better should be used/made for the mod because i think the mod could be better than that... ill keep my mouth shut and let disgusting content continuously be shoved into the mod just for the sake of content... hurray im happy now!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
ceriux said:
Cheaters don't generally submit bug reports. ;)

Although, in some of the cases where they have entered bug reports, they've become developers for us, or for MSS.

And people who name specific cheats, and then go around telling folks that our current anti-cheating systems are completely ineffective, so they can cheat all they want, should really just be banned outright. Especially when they add four+ months to the release of the next patch as a result.

ceriux said:
it wasnt meant as an insult my model was better. Im sorry if i felt something better should be used/made for the mod because i think the mod could be better than that... ill keep my mouth shut and let disgusting content continuously be shoved into the mod just for the sake of content... hurray im happy now!
I shouldn't encourage this, because in some way I blame folks the folks who are responding to you, knowing your temperment, as much as I do for you for your temperament, but if this is a hit against Sabre's elf vs. your own... Somehow I don't think your vague torso holds a candle to his full mesh.

...If it's a hit against the WoW elves, on the other hand, I don't blame you for hating them - I hate to have to use them myself - been warning of the impending dewm of it happening for over a year now. But, better crappy content, than no content at all.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
ceriux said:
Cheaters don't generally submit bug reports. ;)

Although, in some of the cases where they have entered bug reports, they've become developers for us, or for MSS.

And people who name specific cheats, and then go around telling folks that our current anti-cheating systems are completely ineffective, so they can cheat all they want, should really just be banned outright.

ceriux said:
I shouldn't encourage this, because in some way I blame folks the folks who are responding to you, knowing your temperment, as much as I do for you for your temperament, but if this is a hit against Sabre's elf vs. your own... Somehow I don't think your vague torso holds a candle to his full mesh.

...If it's a hit against the WoW elves, on the other hand, I don't blame you for hating them - I hate to have to use them myself - been warning of the impending dewm of it happening for over a year now. But, better crappy content, than no content at all.

lol i it wasnt so much a hit against as a fact, its good that he did finish it and its good for what it was, but i was in the progress of making better, i actually had way more done then what i posted i kept working on it even after i felt no one really cared about it, i just didnt post the pictures. actually all i think i had to finish at the time before my pc crashed was the head. the rest would have been simple.

edit- i mean come on... here's a model im working on for my own mod. dont tell me that elf is better quality compared to a model like this?
mehiv.png

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'd say they are about on par - although an elf is a lot harder to make than a robot, being much curvier. Point is moot, in anycase, as neither of you is going to have an animated elf ready in time. Sabre's made several useful models, some fully rigged and animated (albiet sometimes with FER's help), however, the only animated model I have from you is...

cer_slime.jpg

...and that model doesn't even work right. So don't blame me if I'm a bit skeptical.

I applaud you for your efforts and all, even if I just have to take your word for them, but don't be dissing the work of folks who are actually doing stuff for us, while claiming your work is better, when you've submitted none. Even if you were the best modeler in the world, it'd be akin to one of the modelers from Left4Dead coming in here, saying they had an elf for us, but they lost it, and "boy you guys suck compared to me".