New loot thingy & Change levels/Impossible Items?

[FSM]Higgins

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Personally I don't think changelevel in console vs. transitioning has any effect on loot but... some of told me it has so I just asking for a clarification on that? And also I don't remember where I saw it but somebody said that some items actually are not just a low chance but physically possible without a certain number of people? True or False for both of those anyone?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Changelevel has no affect on loot. Although some maps you should not be able to reach via changelevel (ie. it'll zap you into blackness and tell you that you've reached the map illegally.) - in those cases you have to transition from the proper map.

A few items, a very few, require multiple players to acquire.

The chances of many items appearing greatly increases with multiple players.

General loot increases with multiple players on some maps, and in some cases, items that would not normally appear in chests have a chance to do so.

Items in artifact chests do not necessarily require multiple players.

[FSM]Higgins

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Oh so Idk lets say... two people with 500+ hp kill maldora idk... 50 times with the occasional extra person or two joining in of equal strength... would their dreams of phoenix armor have been a waste :) or are you just not going to release that information hehe.

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I don't think loot dropped by enemies are relevant to the amount of players or their strength, but if an enemy/boss cause a chest to appear, the chest will provide loot dependant on how many players are present.

Some items require a certain strength of a player in order to appear, and I believe those items are only visible to loot to the player who meets those requirements.

Thothie ought to correct me here, but I think the calculation on the amount of players and their levels are done upon opening the chest, not at the time of it's appearing.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
That's all more or less correct. Gold drops on bosses is affected by the # of players though, for those who drop gold bags. The items of which he is speaking though, do appear in a chest.