New armour Set

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Don't worry, I have all the rares in this game*, and every single spell there is, except for the freezing sphere. And if Thothie were to replace that for a different map, it would only make it easier to get, seeing as how the Frozen Summit is the hardest map in the game :oldlol:

*: Torkalath blade, spiderblade, ice blade (screw the greater ice blade), snake staff, raven mace, dark maul, boneblade, Fang's Tooth, perfect Hugger dagger, perfect finely crafted knife, Elven long bow, crossbow, dark armor, dark platemail helmet, rune shield (and just in case you people are wondering: screw the great axe).

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
yeh dont have the gold helmet then?

and what about holy circle, do you have that? - not being sarcastic, i wanna know o_o

and i've got a GREEEAAATER iceblade...the only bad thing with it is how when you kill enemies with it they sometimes dont trigger thier death events :\

dunno why that is...perhaps a fix in december? :oldlol:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Prob cuz their death anim doesn't finish... Thought I did all I could to fix that though. :\ I can't think of what else to do with it.

I dun much care if *you* have every item in the game J_M - ya've been playing a damned year now. But the fact that every nub who joins yer clan gets a map to every item in the game is a bit of an issue.

If I was feeling *really* cruel - I could setup a treasure system where each chests picked a random item based on Value, rather than a specific item. Then you'd never know where anything is! :p - But, I think it'd take the fun out of looking for specific things, and setting up parties for quests.

Then again, so does the BOU thread, so I dunno.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
do it do it do it do it do it

except you'd have to make sure certain things (spells) have decent values, so that they dont happen to spawn in thornlands ;)

"LAWL I GOT HOLY CIRCLE FROM THE SPIDER IN THORNLANDS LOL"
"nightmare?"
"NO LOL~!!!"

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'd have like 10 value catagories. Dun think anything over level 7 would make it to the Thornlands spider chest, and the chance for a level 7 item would be 1 in 100.

J_M has a long standing tradition of forcing MSC developers to do nutty things to keep outwit cheaters, so this is sorta in line with that. ;)

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
sounds good ;)

and this way, people are free to play any map they desire for good treasure...no map is useless after you've gotten its bit of treasure! :D

and maybe it'll stop (or deter) the "i call gold armor!" nubbehness

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
yeh dont have the gold helmet then?

and what about holy circle, do you have that? - not being sarcastic, i wanna know o_o

and i've got a GREEEAAATER iceblade...the only bad thing with it is how when you kill enemies with it they sometimes dont trigger thier death events :\

dunno why that is...perhaps a fix in december? :oldlol:
A golden helmet would not match with my dark armor, the holy circle spell is not in-game yet, and I said screw the greater ice blade (for the exact reason you posted).

Thothie said:
I dun much care if *you* have every item in the game J_M - ya've been playing a damned year now. But the fact that every nub who joins yer clan gets a map to every item in the game is a bit of an issue.

If I was feeling *really* cruel - I could setup a treasure system where each chests picked a random item based on Value, rather than a specific item. Then you'd never know where anything is! :p - But, I think it'd take the fun out of looking for specific things, and setting up parties for quests.

Then again, so does the BOU thread, so I dunno.
The fact that every noob who joins my guild knows where all the rare items are, is nullified by the fact that every noob who joins my guild can't do sh*t to get these items (because most of the maps with rare items are way too damn hard). I don't see this as an issue. Seriously, I could post the list my guild made in one of the main forums, but I'd rather not, because most people (including you) don't appreciate spoilers.

Also, looking for items is fun when you know where they are. If you go to every single map looking for, say, the perfect finely crafted knife, you most likely wont find it (because of the low spawn chance).

If you know where to look, you have a goal: farm map X for item Y.

Take the Halls of Charthane. It's one of my favorite maps, but I never ever go there because I know there aren't any rare items. So why waste my time?

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
:oldshock:

Wow, getting tough on people who try to abuse old exploits? Hmm... so perhaps I should quickly abuse basic MSC exploit (the one where you could get tens-of-thousands of gold coins from a certain map... but was fixed in your patches Thothie) :D

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
J-M some people can get some of those items solo... just the majority of the good items that everyone wants... well yea those are HARD to get!! And squirrel; I was referring to the idea of reverting/downgrading my MSC copy, logging into FN on that old copy, and abusing the old exploit in a patched version where it still exist.

(This is purely a concept idea to make fun of making only up-to-date DLLs workable with the character network, I won't even attempt to actually do this) :D

Hey Thothie, I have a good idea if you want to make sure people don't play on cheat-maps for sure. Files have their own CRC, so why not simply get the CRC code, and require people to connect with matching, allowed CRC values in order to play on FN? I have heard rumors of people renaming maps to legit ones that are really cheat ones... this could be stopped by collecting a copy of the CRC value & checking it.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Part of the issue with that is we are constantly updating the maps as we come accross new bugs and issues, and sometimes just to add new stuff to the game... Half-life may accept an altered ent table - but a CRC check would not.

...but I have something else in mind, that I won't go into for security reasons.

...and when was the last time you visited challs? :p

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
hey thothie, do you have the source for challs at all?

if not...and i get fed up with trying to get other things to work / look right on winter break...i may have MiB come over and load up challs on his computer, walk around it and rebuild it myself ;)

may not look exactly the same, and i may add that third button...but it might possibly get done ;)

and, though i know you'd rather see bloodrose get its boss rooms, what would you think of that? would certainly be easier to reconstruct a map than to finish one - finishing one requires creativity ;)

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I know the guy who made Challs personally, I went to Uni with him :) Unfortunatly he lost the source file for challs in a format :(

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
i see, so the source is completely lost then?

well, in that case...i might...possibly...maaaaaaybe remake it during winter break (but i'll be focusing on bloodrose, and finishing foutpost)

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie said:
If there actually were something useful in the Halls of Charthane, I, or a fellow Blade, would know, trust me :mrgreen:

Edit: And that-one-ammo-type-for-the-crossbow-you-can-find-there... let's just say I prefer a similar ammo type for my (way faster shooting) Elven longbow.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Part of the issue with that is we are constantly updating the maps as we come accross new bugs and issues, and sometimes just to add new stuff to the game... Half-life may accept an altered ent table - but a CRC check would not.

...but I have something else in mind, that I won't go into for security reasons.

I was at Challs within the last hour of which I was on MSC in general (a day or two ago) :D

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I mario, bring this thread back from the dead! (for a sec)

*Goes to the Halls of Charthane*
btw, WHO IS CHARTHANE!? WHY DOES HE HAVE HALLS UNDERWATER? IS HE A FISH MAN? IS HE AQUAMAN!? AQUAMAN SUCKS! I GUESS I'LL GO LOOK FOR SOME AQUAGEAR IN THE AQUAHALLS! KTHXBAI! ^_^

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!! said:
I mario, bring this thread back from the dead! (for a sec)

*Goes to the Halls of Charthane*
btw, WHO IS CHARTHANE!? WHY DOES HE HAVE HALLS UNDERWATER? IS HE A FISH MAN? IS HE AQUAMAN!? AQUAMAN SUCKS! I GUESS I'LL GO LOOK FOR SOME AQUAGEAR IN THE AQUAHALLS! KTHXBAI! ^_^

charthane was a king, before his forest became cursed...that is...

i also believe that the entrance we currently use is more of a back-door type entrance, really meant for getting water into his castle easier, the undead probably just broke the metal bars and found a nice place to rest inside his castle...

of course, lanethan could correct me if i'm wrong :roll:

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i think that was the original door but the ruins sank into the grounds...

i was planning on making the bludgeon ruins connected to challs.

but now im busy with nathaka....or actually im not...too busy with real life stuff i havent touched it yet,,,

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Also, natural time & that such could've led to a basic forming there... flooding up & over the old entrance, there could even have been a land-slide or something that covered up the old entrance, leaving a slight gap underwater...

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Gurluas said:

but now im busy with nathaka....or actually im not...too busy with real life stuff i havent touched it yet,,,

NO!

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!! said:
Gurluas said:

NO!

for once...i agree with mario.

gurluas, just stop...

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
at first i liked his strange obsession with the bludgeon...
not i kinda wish i never made it lol.

youre cheating on lord undamael with bludgeons, gurluas.