My Monster Arena Map.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
That's what I meant, that entire engine's worth of games were ruined. BTW VAC bans for less than bloom-mod :D

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
*starts singing a song about how gay VAC is, for this is a second time they've pulled this shit on me*

$inisterisK

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Netrogor said:
You can A) google it or B) noob this forums till somebody places up another link or finally C) use the Search option & find the other link already placed here :D
looks like its gonna have to be "B"

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
Netrogor said:
Right on Sinister ma'man!!!
BTW Awesome on continued activity Ceriux :twisted:

yea... im working on it... cant figure out why the monsters stop spawning after the poison spiders... maybe its just my comp -.-...

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
It could be over one-thousand things, 999 of those could be registry errors that deactivate critical uses of your computer (I've experienced that before) and one thing could more likley be a bad compiler for what you want :D

But meh, this is MSC so there are a few other things too I guess; I don't know what for those though.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Woot? I'm confused... there are several people actively on the forums: CONFUSED!!! Numbers of people are never on when I am, realisticly :O

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
yea... im working on it... cant figure out why the monsters stop spawning after the poison spiders... maybe its just my comp -.-...

It's either you've got the fireallperish pointing to the wrong event, the next monster spawn is misnamed, or, worst case scenario, you have enough of them up at once to need a trigger_counter.
See this article on how to deal with that:
viewtopic.php?t=1379&start=10

Really though, this map isn't worth a public release. I mean, you could use it to figure how the monster spawns work, but it should just be a test map for your personal use and reference. Bunch of monsters in a box doesn't seem worth releasing to the general public.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
some people like arena maps :oldcry: ... im just gunna quit now -.- ... not worth it...

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I like the map idea, don't quit it, I suggest making it more arena like, with gates opening after X monster die so more come to kill you. But you should make it so only one person can enter a time, and if that person died, the other one can play while the one who died waits.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
Belmont said:
I like the map idea, don't quit it, I suggest making it more arena like, with gates opening after X monster die so more come to kill you. But you should make it so only one person can enter a time, and if that person died, the other one can play while the one who died waits.

is that possible?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well... It'd be a lot of work but...

You could make a set of stands surrounding the arena, separated by an invisible func_wall (so spectators can't shoot the monsters) - then put your player spawns up there.

Whenever a player spawns "game_playerspawn" fires, you can use this to open a door in the stands that leads to the arena - and have a trigger_multiple that closes the door behind them. Multiple players will be able to get in, if they go at the same time.

Granted, I think a player could simply kill himself to get in... So you could have the door open that way the first time (via trigger_relay with 'remove on fire' flag), then have the monsters kill target open it the next. Meaning, if everyone fails to kill the monster, they'd have to start the map over.

If you take that route - I demand you also put a bunch of NPC models that cheer the players on, with wav files and env_model. Gods knows the msc/models/npcs/human1.mdl has more than enough animations for that. You can use Jed's Model Viewer to scope all the anims it has.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Awesome!! We could have gladiator battles (similar to Might & Magic IX Thorjgard Arena) :D

kray1091

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I might, Ill check later. It will be an older version of it though.