More people!

RayonMazter

New Adventurer
Reaction score
It disgusts me when I only see 1-4 people playing in total on all the public servers. Not even lame ass WoW is as intense as the FPS rpg style of this game. In this game you feel like you're in the moment, so there MUST be reasons why this game doesn't have hundreds of players....

It is the only (so the best) mod of its type out right now, where are the people?

Theres a few things I thought might be the reason:
1. The website says there 11 maps to explore, when there are a lot more. 11 sounds like a pretty low number when coming to the website (especially in HL 1 maps)
2. Edana - Nice map, but unbelievably boring/lack of content. With small changes at the beginning, and maybe a bigger expansion to the map and im sure more people would be interested in checking the game out for longer than 5 minutes.
3. Content - Ive noticed a shit load of new content through the past few months, but there are still horrid bugs that need to be mended. People shouldn't have to go through obstacles just to play the game without worrying that they wasted their time even bothering with the game.
4. Money? - Add another property to the players character file structure that holds a 'bonus' value. If a player simply donates say, 20$, they get that bonus which allows them to go through several new quests (and maps?). Then use this money to get this sexy game going.
5. More music. I understand the medevil feeling, but faster paced music is needed for the hardcore action in some maps, to get peoples blood boiled and more addicted to the game.

that's my two cents, take a penny or leave them both.

Acehigh

New Adventurer
Reaction score
good ideas not sure about the money one, but still good, maybe if you pay £20 you get a new weapon or some thing

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Thothie, for his dedication and determination.

If a cut was given to me, I might actually do more work :p

RayonMazter

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Who cares what it goes to?

Im sure people who buy bigmacs at mcdonalds dont ask that. Or when people pay 80$ for a single player console game :p
Just as long as it speeds up/helps development somehow.

I think there needs to be more incentive to throw ms:r some cash.
Offer some interesting updates :p. It gets the devs even more hyped about getting things done and gets them to enjoy what they are doing more.

kray1091

New Adventurer
Reaction score
We theres not much you can do with the Half-Life engine, so therefore its going to lack a load of content. When MS:S comes out on the half-life 2 engine the content on that will be amazing.

Im sure when it comes out on the source engine the numbers will jack way high. :D

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Adding more content to Edana means editing. We don't like editing, we like stuff over the top.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Im sure some of it has to do with people (who dont know about the forums and beta updates) that make new characters. play for a while. Characters get deleted or dont work properly. then they leave.

Thothie is trying to fix all the bugs and since he is the only coder on it, it will take some time

Acehigh

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i love to help code but i have no idea what program to use to code. if some one can tell me what program i can google some help and maybe learn how to code. i know it dont happen in a day. but i know how to model and map and how to dress my self.

Jax

New Adventurer
Reaction score
D: x 3

J-M, get a gf xD

And btw, this is nothing close to WoW...WoW sucks my testicles!

And about the bugs...I don't know where Kuro keeps that quote, but he once saidsomething along the lines of:

"We don't fix the bugs. We replace them with new and more interesting ones." :wink:

Iselore

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I still wondering why this mod didn't make it to Moddb Top 100! :oldangry:

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Jax said:
D: x 3

J-M, get a gf xD

And btw, this is nothing close to WoW...WoW sucks my testicles!

And about the bugs...I don't know where Kuro keeps that quote, but he once saidsomething along the lines of:

"We don't fix the bugs. We replace them with new and more interesting ones." :wink:

"We've replaced all the old, boring bugs with newer, more interesting ones!"