Mod Revival possible?

FF|Skyrider

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Possible this mod could be revived? Even though it has quite some bugs, this mod is really interesting me. If you'd like, I can post a news post on HL2Files.com and ask for people willing to help out the mod. Programmers, skinners, more mappers, etc.

Cernobylsky

New Adventurer
Reaction score
? :oldshock: sry but i dont understand.... I tought thotie and "new" team is working on it... isnt ?

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
they are but the post is a good idea..the new team needs help

FF|Skyrider

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Don't take me wrong. I can make mistakes, but I seen in a few posts that only one (or a few) team member(s) stayed on this HL Mod, and the rest went to source. Hence I made this thread.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
there are a lot of unofficial people on the mod team helping out with everything. So we are moving slowly, but at least we are moving

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Think we took a step backwards, rather than forwards in this month's patch... But hell, a patch a month = more active than any mod I can name. ;)

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
They guys who made the mod "HL: weapon edition" included like more than 40 weapons.
How many weapon mode does MS:C has right now?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
About 70 - well, more if you count the models we have that aren't in use.

FF|Skyrider

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Mind if I create a news? Just tell me what you guys need, and I'll make a news about it. Also, if you don't mind me asking. How come when I create a server it says "choose a character", but I cannot select any nor create any?

FF|Skyrider

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I can't even add a name.. I see in the top The city name.. Below that, I see 3 character slots, and all 3 text of "create new character" are in gray. So I cannot even select them.. When I press T, I am doing world chat. So, I'm rather stuck at the moment.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
before u make ur character go into options then change ur name like u would a normal mod. after that make your character it will be named that.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
You gotta get the Map Updates if you want to spawn anywhere but Edana. You also need the beta pack to use said updates.

FF|Skyrider

New Adventurer
Reaction score
fatal error:
mod_numforname: Model/armor/p_armorvest2.mdl not found

:( meh. Don't get me wrong. I am new in this mod, but I am really interested in it.

FF|Skyrider

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I just installed the new updates from the links of the last posts in this thread.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I think the armor consolidations are in, aren't they? 'cause if they are, that looks to be the problem (If he hasn't updated)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Meh, we shouldn't need p_armorvest2.mdl under this patch - let me go through the scripts and make sure nothing's trying to precache it.

edit: Grrr.. Yeah, it's in the precache... Give me a bit, I'll get you an SC.DLL fix and re-re-patch the patches.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Alright, I got ahold of that guy (or visa versa) if anyone else is having that same issue, clear your net cache, hit the betapackage page and download the FAST patch again.

I need to find a easy way to setup a fresh install and copy my configs over with each patch.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Well sweet deal, another active player for MSC... and one who'll be playing the FN database it seems :D

EDIT:
Oh, and welcome to the forums Skyrider.

zEdge3

New Adventurer
Reaction score
this mod still seems to be intact to my best of knowledge and is making decent progress but could use a couple more members on the DEV team but i personaly like this mod quite well.