Mod of the Year

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
im suprised the msc team hasnt advertised this...
ne ways im sure everyones aware of it.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I think the mod is too small for a trophy.

Jerrid

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I don't. This latest update really show cases what the team has been working on. It has added a lot and it shows. I am not sure if it would make game of the year, but it should be up there. The problem is more people like FPSs than MORPGs.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
There is no chance in hell that there are more people who'd vote MS: C than people who'd vote ESF (no offense to MS: C, of course).

There's always a huge influx of ESF fanboys who vote that mod in ModDB's top 10. We can't beat that.

Kuroneko

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
There is no chance in hell that there are more people who'd vote MS: C than people who'd vote ESF (no offense to MS: C, of course).

There's always a huge influx of ESF fanboys who vote that mod in ModDB's top 10. We can't beat that.

Word. We've never come close in past years

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, maybe we just need something that would appeal to the ESF kiddies... Ummm... Wait... I know!

ssj_traveler.jpg

Super Sayan Traveler Transformation!

No? Darn... Had to try.

Roghan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
You should still put it up because that way you'd have more people seeing it and probably a lot more people trying it out.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
well, firstly you should all go vote :roll:

and maybe bother all your friends into voting for it?

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Where is this vote taking place (URL anybody)? I've never voted for any mod before to win mod of the month or something :D

Except for back in like 2000 on planethalflife when they occasionally had those little polls on the side...

Jerrid

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I just voted. And I was going to say some thing about changing it a bit to fit the ESF people as well. (Only in a joking way.) They would be flying around and fighting on the ground and all of a sudden all these Orcs, elementals, spiders and bats come and beat the crap out of every one. "Supa Sayan me arse! Warg warg warg." "I bash that faggot head in with the tall hair with me battle axe."

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
You can vote for a mod that hasn't been released? :|

I notice MS:C says "Not Available for Download" in the ModDb. :|

Edit: NVM, looking at the wrong mod, evidently.... Still thinking we need a new name for HL2 MSC, and I'm still voting for MS:S. ;)

PS. Take Gaz off the inactive list - he is doing stuff. He actually did a lot of work this last month on model consolidation, it's just there were issues with application that are still being worked out.

Issue being, I toss my buckler to the side and I get this:
p_body_wtf.gif
That invisible soldier to my right, is my buckler. :roll:

Gaz managed to merge all the armors, crests, helms, sheaths, shields, and packs into a single model, and he did it right - it's just the script end seems to have issue with the categorized submodels, so I've either gotta find a way around that or see if removing the categorization fixes it. (Sucks, as categories made things a lot easier.)

As for ESF, I would love to be able to use their spell FX system. I've chatted with their team a bit, but they don't really seem to have access to the guy who set that up. They were kind enough to offer us some media, but there's not much we can use.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I dont trust these PM's any more (cuz im insane) but thothie did you get my latest PM? and is there anything else I need to do?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong at all with that Buckler. Someone want to explain it to me? >_>

[/sarcasm]

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I dont trust these PM's any more (cuz im insane) but thothie did you get my latest PM? and is there anything else I need to do?

Well, I was about to write and tell you it'd be handy if you could send me those p_models pre-integration - I can do that bit myself. I think there's already more p_models in our current p_swords, for one, and for another, ya didn't restore the texture settings post compile (so the iceblades and crystalblade in your set there, are no longer additive, etc.).

Also, any input on what you want these things to do would be good. ;)