May Be a Rollback request

Mexican

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
EDITED:

I heard you don't do rollbacks for felwyns, but i don't understand why you would not just remove the maximum capacity instead to avoid this from happening in the first place? Or you could warn people about it somehow in-game in sfor like, hey you cannot carry more than one, then you won't have this issue popping up quite as much and you could blame it on the players for lack of due dilligence.

Not going to ask a rollback back now i know your stance, i'm just trying to help; it's not like i can't afford another set.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Eh... How did the inventory limit cause you to lose Felewyn Shads or Symbols?

Mexican

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Eh... How did the inventory limit cause you to lose Felewyn Shads or Symbols?

Let's say i simply had no clue i had to forge the undying blade before getting a second felwyn shard. :p

cartman-2000

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
he probably had a shard registered to his char when he did sfor(like if he temporarily borrowed someone else's shard for some leveling of swords.), in that case it will never show up for him, and someone else would have to get one for him. Seen it happen to one other player before, he lost a set of symbols since he happened to barrow someone else's shard once before.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Rollback wouldn't help that - unless we took him all the way back before he "borrowed" the shard. Not sure how the max capacity would affect that though. The max capacity is there to help prevent you from overflowing.

Mexican

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Rollback wouldn't help that - unless we took him all the way back before he "borrowed" the shard. Not sure how the max capacity would affect that though. The max capacity is there to help prevent you from overflowing.

By max capacity i meant the fact you can only have one shard.

Ok , to make a complete story, what happened is that i offered items for trade and someone offered felwyn symbols to purchase the items he needed, after the trade, i had two complete sets of felwyn symbols.

I spent about two hours doing other things (Lodagond runs and shad_palace) with the person in question.

After doing shad_palace, i realized the forger requires Felwyn Shard I, and not the symbols themselves.

Then i decided to turn in my symbols to get a shard (which i never bothered to get before as swords are not my favored weapons)

After getting my first shard, i took my other batch of symbols out my Galat (and stored the felwyn shard for the forge , later) and did sfor again to get another shard for keepsake.

After killing the Boss, no drop happened, as you'd expect (except, i had no clue) there was a witness of this but i forgot his name, he didn't know either and used a shard too.

So basically, i lost the second shard i was hoping to keep for holy weapon.

Now i'm afraid i might lose my next shard even if i turn the one i got into undying blade beforehand.

I came here, added a new topic on the rollback topic.

Then I asked zeus about how and where to get felwyn symbols, and after finding out how i'd actually have to make a new character to get another set of symbols i told him i was planning on rolling back, and he said you do not do rollbacks for precisely this issue because apparently the game is flooded with symbols (something i did not know either).

So i came here to re-edit this post and decided meh; why not ask thothie about adding a feature to warn people about this to avoid all the trouble in the future?

....And that's about it, hope this clears up the confusion. I just wanted to make it short because i think you've got more things to do than to do rollbacks :)

Mexican

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
It came to my attention that there are 5 felwyn swords, i had no clue about this!

But apparently, the sword should have dropped...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Ah...

Well, the idea behind the shard/symbol limits is to rig it so every player can have at most 1 shard through their own efforts. Any shards beyond this need to be acquired through trade. The final blade assembly, requiring five different players with five different shards.

The Portuguese Bucket was specifically created to help eliminate some of the excess shards that players had acquired by exploiting holes in the system.