Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Actually I see a bug that's probably fubar'ing a bunch of chests... >_>

*sigh* B-patch again.

I dunno what crack I am on lately, I can't seem to even make the simplest alteration as of late without fugging something up.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie is losing it in his old age :roll:

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Well I hope this B patch comes out soon... MS:C has been 'bleh' as of late :oldcry: .

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Shurik3n said:
Well I hope this B patch comes out soon... MS:C has been 'bleh' as of late :oldcry: .
Don't say that :(

Edit: Thothie, is it possible that you could add those Fade-like monsters and Spawn orges to nightmare_thornlands? That'd be a nice change. :)

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Hahaha swamp orges in the snow. Sweet.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
We do actually have an ice ogre skin variant.

Meh, I need to stop coding at ripent up some maps, I've got a bunch that I could get out in less than a month, surely.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ice Ogre would be neat, btw what happended to undy?

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
You should make the fade punch a little harder, and the licker attack more frequently

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I think that the drop chances based off HP should count some players as more than one if they meet the requirement a multiple of times. For example, somebody with 800hp should count as two players on a 400hp required drop, but someone with 799hp would still count as one person.

Also, if this B patch is going to be a few more days could you please release a chestfix for the A patch.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The idea is to encourage more players to be present - not encourage players to be more powerful. Already more than enough insentive for that, being more or less the soul objective, atm. On artifact chests, however, most powerful player (ie. that with the highest tested stat) always gets picked first.

Verified the chest fix (wouldn't be much point patching otherwise). Patch B is up.

There's a 6MB fast patch that should work if you already have JUL2007a.

http://www.thothie.com/ms

I'll put up a changelog in a bit, gotta attend to ET just now... But in short:
- Fixed demontemple and some other chests
- Fixed Edana sewers not being approved

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Just a small problem, my server has the B patch but it still shows as the A patch :(

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, it'll still show the A patch since only the sc.dll changed.

*sigh* I dunno if its worth doing 3 compiles to make it show up as patch B just for that.

Truth be told, I had this ready yesterday, but I keep getting pestered. I had a feeling if I took the time to do the ms.dll recompiles, it woulda delayed it another two or three days.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
It just never stops, does it Thothie?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Nope... Lady X is getting rather insistant on pulling me from it too, hence why nothing is getting done.

I suspect a change of direction will have to be made to shore up the project, and give it a better spin towards its final destination.

In anycase, she does sleep, so I *did* get a chance to go back and recompile the MS.DLL for you guys, the fast patch and the full patch are on my webpage, so yes, you should now see JUL2007B servers. I'll update the links to the main page too, now that the forums seem to be back. (They always go down at the most inconvenient moments.)

PS. I'll add a DL link for demontemple to my web page tomorrow maybe. I do need to verify something on it though, I coulda sworn I saw Val summon an efreet some place he shouldn't have.

Blaze

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The beta patches are starting to get a bit.... big in size.

if it gets around 50-100mb in size i think it would be more efficient to release an actual manditory 1.01 patch, then start a new line of betas. Would save more bandwidth i think.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I don't think thats entirely how it works Blaze.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I agree with Blaze, a full 1.01 installer would be excellent

Humming Bird

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Gurluas said:
I agree with Blaze, a full 1.01 installer would be excellent

I think i'm supposed to make that, though the project had no people interested in it. I'm probably going to bring it back to live after I complete the set of MS:C plugins for AMXX

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
it had no interest because it was not official

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
if it gets around 50-100mb in size i think it would be more efficient to release an actual manditory 1.01 patch, then start a new line of betas. Would save more bandwidth i think.
If Hummingbird ever makes his full installer, it should have whatever the current beta is at that time integrated. At which time - I'll scrag the entire betapack and start from scratch, as only content from that time on will be added (we'll basically be starting over with a clean slate.) It should also include most all the third party maps.

I'd like to make a full installer that would include recompiles of Daragoth, Calruin2, and Lostcastle_MSC, which are more or less ready to go. Gotta new Skycastle to add, and something should be done about Orc_Arena as well.

Lord K has generously given me control of the front page, so I can replace the front download links, even if we have no control over the various fileplanet and other external hosts.

Nomama

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
something should be done about Orc_Arena as well.

What change do you mean? Like fixing how the door sometimes gets stuck?