INFO Latest Update News

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
J-M, it IS overpowered. With only a couple of guys we took down the_keep's Bandit Boss (and many other bosses) in about 15 seconds.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Yea, Ice Queen went down pretty fast herself.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
P|Barnum said:
Yea, Ice Queen went down pretty fast herself.

Sounds like a merry Christmas to me. (Buh zing.)
I lmao'd.
Also, @ Weissberv: Stop typing with your cock. Two beers doesn't make you drunk.
I cannot wait to get home and get this patch on my dedicated. RiP FARMINGifthechestsworknow!

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Doublepost:
Is teh S.H.I.T.iest crest evar ingame?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Do you actually have an Orion bow to have an opion with J-M? Either way, I'm sure if I put in pew-pew laser eyes that instant killed everything, you wouldn't think they were over powered. ;)

I've got a few dozen "zomg you need an emergency patch this thing is moider!" PM's now...

Hmm... It *should* be doing a maximum of 360 damage per opponent, and that's with a 10 second charge and 100 mana - this is not terribly efficient against individual monsters, but works great against groups with the AOE effect. (That is, by the way, tripple strength, plus the fact that it passes through NPC's proper now.)

From the *sound* of it, it must somehow be doing more damage than that though.

Like I always say, "It wasn't doing that during testing..." >_>

I shall endevor to look into it when I get the chance (I r in land of undependable net, remoting me rig right now). If it gets fixed, it'll likely be a serverside only JUN2008a patch, that will be mandatory for FN. Other than, mayhaps, server-side patches, I intend to stick to my goal of making sure the next release is a full one.

Mikkel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
I find the Police Box fun, hehe :D

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
I shall endevor to look into it when I get the chance (I r in land of undependable net, remoting me rig right now). If it gets fixed, it'll likely be a serverside only JUN2008a patch, that will be mandatory for FN. Other than, mayhaps, server-side patches, I intend to stick to my goal of making sure the next release is a full one.

Do we have to wait THAT long for a patch? :eek: :p

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
Jon said:
Orion bow makes all maps easy mode. Overpowered!

It's overpowered because we have ingame reports of it being overpowered. Ask me to slow down if this is too tough.
Here is an in-game report from yours truly that it is actually not overpowered, douchebag.

Thothie said:
Do you actually have an Orion bow to have an opion with J-M?
Rofl of course, otherwise I would not start crap about it.

Thothie said:
maximum of 360 damage per opponent
I dare the entire MS: C community right here right now to do more than 360 damage with a single shot on a single opponent with the Orion bow. If somebody posts a screenshot of >360 damage, I will admit that it's overpowered.

I know I did 200 damage on some orc archer dude and then I was like
"HAH, overpowered my foot."
More than 360 damage? Aint gonna happen.

Wrath

New Adventurer
Reaction score
So yea I was doing over 1000 damage with the orion bow :oldshock:

Im posting this from my new iTouch which is pretty a IMO. :D

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
I find the bow overpowered for the sheer fact that I am more powerful using the orion bow than using any of my magics. Considering my bow skill is 18 and my SC is 20 shouldn't it be the other way around?

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Okay, I actually admit that it's overpowered; I just did 11*120=1320 damage on an elite bandit axeman with a single fully charged projectile (also: charge time is five seconds and not ten).

Obviously you should somehow fix and lower it to 3*120 maximum as you originally intended. However, I am quite sure that certain people in this community (you know who you are - get hit by a train) will still think that 360 damage is way too much.

Also, I still think it's rediculous that I get assaulted by certain people (you know who you are - hang yourselves) like this for saying that I like the Orion bow.
I almost started a poll with the question "Ban J-M v2.5.5 for stating his opinion?" in order to parody these certain people (you know who you are - step on a landmine) but I figured they're not worth it.

Also, please excuse me right now while I am going to farm like mad with the ultra bow. I am sure that certain people (you know who you are - go die in a fire) will dislike me for doing so, but I guess I don't care as long as it's impossible for me to properly state my opinion here without getting attacked by morons.

HomestarR

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
I don't care as long as it's impossible for me to properly state my opinion here without getting attacked by morons.

That's a stupid thought. Your stupid.
point made? :wink:

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
You can't just throw out a number like '360' without giving us the levels. If a high level was hitting 360s with a fully charged shot, I don't think it would be too terribly overpowered. In the time it takes to get a full charge, you could get a few Jaggeds out and do close to that damage (within a hundred). The extra damage would of course make sense because the orion bow is hard to get, while jaggeds+normal bows aren't.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Entirely true...I had forgotten that Thoth made them not explode on contact >_> Hmmm....I'll have to rethink my stand.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
In my opinion it is overpowered. The old one kinda sucked but I learned to cope with it (read: never use it). However, this new version is a little too powerful. With XP passing proper (at least the green XP messages says it does, I've yet to check) archery leveling will be very very easy with the bow at lower levels. I think the level requirement should be raised on it (its like 15 I think?).

Blaze

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Everything is overpowered

http://sites.gizoogle.com/index2.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.msremake.com%2F

^Because its funny

Picadilly

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
I partially agree with Shuriken. I think that the level requirement for the Orion should be raised.
As far as the XP is concerned, no it's not passing proper. If you hit a pack of 10 or so Orc Stormers, only 2 or so will pass XP correctly. Not sure why this is. It hasn't been "scientifically proven", but I used the Orion enough yesterday to say it's an "informed opinion".
I also agree with another point Shuriken made. "Coping with" nerfed items, weapons, and armors, amounts to "not using them anymore". It's easy for me to see the utility of items and spells being funneled away from anything that gives a particular player an advantage because they have a special item or ability. You have to remember, ANY weapon or item is only as good as its user. By not rewarding those who acquire (through what sometimes requires painfully hard work and perseverance) weapons with superior attributes, you're kind of taking away one of the core elements of the game.
All that being said, the Orion is a bit overpowered. BUT, on the other hand, I've had my Orion bow banked for over 4 months until yesterday and had at times even cursed it for being so hard to get and so useless. Before we burn the Orion at the stake, take a moment to think about how often you actually used your orion before the patch, and how cool it felt to hold it in your hands and feel it was worth something, after all...

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Maybe the orion bow shouldn't shoot a massive ball of doom...

like lets have it shoot arrow models with lil energy balls (or frostbolt resized, color changed) on the tip of the arrows... Have it require normal arrows to fire

Damage = Arrow damage + magic damage (each shot ofcourse draining mana)