I've got a question for "fgd" for MS:C

gasved

New Adventurer
Reaction score
You can NOT downlaod it. Ppl will only make cheat maps.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
its in your dev directory of ms:c
gasved wake up...we are no longer in ms 1.3

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
but with fuznet no one can cheat now anyway...that fgd is for custom maps.

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Not everyone plays FN. I myself don't. I don't find central servers stable enough yet. I'm sticking to clientside along with some freinds.

I could easily make a cheatmap but I won't. I've been loyal since MS and shall stay that way.

Also I wouldn't have a clue how to make one even if I wanted too.

And with the invention of steam, we can see what players, I.P of the server and such of who is running a cheat map.

Davatar

New Adventurer
Reaction score
And actually the central server(s) provide(s) no validation methods so someone could run their own server, connected to FN, running a cheat map.

The server admins would be aware of this if they kept their eye out though.

And actually it wouldn't be hard to write a script to monitor all FN-connected servers and disconnect them. (Or even delete characters that connect to them.)

~Dav

Jester

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Someone could just delete/move an original map like thornlands.bsp and create a new thornlands which is just a cheatmap and it would never be detected...

Zen

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Well, they could probaby just run an MD5 on the maps before allowing the connection to the central server--This means the map MUST be the one included in the release! It is possible to make a file with the same MD5, but the chances are less likely than getting struck by lightning.

Kuroneko

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Zen said:
Well, they could probaby just run an MD5 on the maps before allowing the connection to the central server--This means the map MUST be the one included in the release! It is possible to make a file with the same MD5, but the chances are less likely than getting struck by lightning.

Acctually, it's quite easy to get struck by lightning, multiple times at that

FuzzyFish

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
MSU Developer
Reaction score
As far as cheating goes, I would have to be notified. If I find a server breaking the rules then I'll just block their IP via firewall and delete their character.

Unfortunatly there is no good system in place. But as far as stability, the server was only down for 4 hours the 2nd day it was up. Since then there has been no down time. However there have been so odd anomlies reported. Not sure if it's MS:C or the MS Central app though.

I'm moving in two days but I'm making arangements to make sure there will be little to no notable downtime. During the 2 day period. At most though there will be up to 15 minutes of lost character data.