Is this possible?

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Ok, first off, this a theory assuming that somehow there will be a server for every map that is always on. I kow thats not really possible, but i just want to know if my acual theory is, not if we can get a bunch of servers.

Also its based on a couple other things, things that im just going to assume work the way i think they work, and correct me if im wrong.

So, the msarea_transition entity makes it so that when you are in that area, it, in a sense (or maybe not), "binds" that enter key to the switch map thing. Well, what if you sort of combined that but instead of switch map, it would be switch server. That way anyone could go anywhere anytime they wanted, and still be in contact with other people. Could you code it so that it would bind enter to type "Connect (server of the map you wanted ip adress)" in the console? Is that possible?

Black Magix

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The actuall game would have to register your character on that map. I don't see why it couldn't be possible but at the same time you couldn't talk across servers.

Incivad

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Actually if I remember correctly, wasn't this done in some of the earlier versions? When you got to a map line and hit enter it would pop up with the server selection list.

dRkILL

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, it was in 1.0 and 1.01, but it was taken out because it was very buggy (at least it seemed buggy because it never worked for me).

Raptor

New Adventurer
Reaction score
dRkILL said:
Yeah, it was in 1.0 and 1.01, but it was taken out because it was very buggy (at least it seemed buggy because it never worked for me).

you can still open up that menu, the command is 'togglebrowser' i believe... but it's a bit pointless since it has no actual purpose in the mod other than to make people wonder why it's there