1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there any way to get the model of an npc serverside?

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by greatguys1, May 5, 2018.

1. greatguys1

greatguys1 Active Adventurer Developer Warriors of the North

Apr 20, 2013
    Yes
    Trying to have a quest check against their name, race, scriptname, and model to see if they contain any of the search string. I'm doing that 'cuz for example, some skeletons don't have "skeleton" in their name, but may have it in their scriptname or model.

2. Thothie

Thothie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Developer

Apr 8, 2005
    psycho-oligist
    lost
    Think ya know how to check against name, race, and scriptname, all $gets of the same (though you may want to use "itemname" to nix the folder structure). Model is similarly $get(<target>,model) - though I'm not 100% sure that one works. However, if ya can't narrow it down with those first three, seems a bit overkill either way (most MMO's that tell you to kill X# of Y tend to have a few Y's running about that don't count). The test dynamic quest system only checks for partial matches in name or scriptname.

3. greatguys1

greatguys1 Active Adventurer Developer Warriors of the North

Apr 20, 2013
    Yes
    I read on ms.stx that it's $getcl only. I tested it with just $get and it returns 0 (I think, don't quite remember, but it didn't return the model.) It's not really a big issue though, at least for what I'm doing. Worst thing is that "Awakened Guardian" in calruin2 won't count for "skeleton"
    Thanks

4. Thothie

Thothie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Developer

Apr 8, 2005
    psycho-oligist
    lost
    Hrmm... Maybe I'll see if I can cook something up, as given how many skeletons there are in Calruin that defy the "skele" scriptname convention, that could get annoying.