Is it legal to...

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Stay afk in a map for an hour or so without hacks and cheats and that kind of stuff? :roll:

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
well, we might call you a witch...i mean..cheater...

best to keep your server unlocked, and stay away from monsters, dun wanna lose XP you know :p

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
AFK Parry training is illegal if you're abusing a glitch.

I think it should be perfectly legit if you have HIGH HP and a nice script system to run away, heal up, and go back once HP no longer rises by X amount every oh-so-many seconds....

At least, since it'd give the same result if you'd plopped your ass in front of the monitor for six hours doing it all manually...

HobbitG

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Are you asking if it's ok to just log on to a map, then go away for an hour and come back? or stand in a group of guys letting your parry train up? or running a script to level you when you're afk?

I don't think anyone cares if you're in a map, then need to go afk for awhile

Going afk by enemies to train parry might be borderline illegal, but you'll die eventually without scripts, so who knows?

scripting to level is cheating

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Jelly said:
Alright, so the answer is: No!
right?

Should have used a quote =\ I was talking to Netrogor with his scripts for training.

As long as:

1. You're either not near monsters or anyway to gain exp/items or
2. The monsters can get to you, but it's not an advantage and you're going to die (but seriously, why?)

Then I think you're good.

But like Squirrel said, it's gonna look suspicious.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
It wont matter anymore with the new update. We loose all sorts of exp now, not just swordmanship. It's actually a good way to prevent people from being afk like that. :roll:

FuzzyFish

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
MSU Developer
Reaction score
AFK Parry training would be considered a form of exploit in a way. So yes that would be cheating.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I don't know Fuzzy.

Firstly, I don't think that's what he was doing, was it?

Secondly, as long as the monsters aren't AT the spawn, I think it would be fine. Meaning, he'd die once, that's it. But I guess You and Thothie have the final say :D

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
FuzzyFish said:
AFK Parry training would be considered a form of exploit in a way. So yes that would be cheating.

If you AFK Parry trained on EasyLevels2 then it'd be uber-cheating!! But, what if you have like level 36 parry & 440 some HP and piss off a rat using a crappy arrow shot on Edana, then AFK'd letting it hit you?

As to MiB; who was doing what? I've never used any form of script to auto-train; not even on Tribes RPG with an auto-level script pack installed... only had it installed for the sake of an X button to move forward, lessening strain on my middlefinger :D

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, I think what we do get from time to time is people who are too nub to start a proper server, that launch their own listenserver, and then just leave it up for the general public to enjoy.

I came accross a listen server running orcplace2_beta like that for several hours. I looked all over looking for the guy, but near as I could tell, he never even spawned. (There's no place to hide a character in there.) With the vote system, you could still change maps with an AFK listenserver host like that.

I think it should be perfectly legit if you have HIGH HP and a nice script system to run away, heal up, and go back once HP no longer rises by X amount every oh-so-many seconds....

Not that I think we have anyone in the community who is both sophisticated and vindictive enough to set that up, but in all other MMORPG's that is called "Botting", and it gets your account deleted in WoW, SRO, and the like. I dun think we have to worry about it though. (Even if we did, my admiration for the effort would be so high, I'd have a hard time finding the heart to delete it.) ;)

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:

I didn't do nothing :? I asked, waited for reply and accepted the no :D

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Fine, I don't think it's IMPLYING what you were wanting to do >_> was it?

FuzzyFish

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
MSU Developer
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
I don't know Fuzzy.

Secondly, as long as the monsters aren't AT the spawn, I think it would be fine. Meaning, he'd die once, that's it. But I guess You and Thothie have the final say :D

I have no problem with AFK, no one should. Just pointing out that AFK parry training isn't allowed.