-----IMPORTANT FN PASSWORD CHANGE-----

JoMama

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I need the password then...

It's really great to be completely in the dark on these things and wonder WHY my server isn't working until a month later.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
its only been this way for like 3 days :p

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
Everyone has seen this by now so no need to keep it as an announcement.

First post has been merged with the FN request thread.

FuzzyFish

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
MSU Developer
Reaction score
It's a shame it had to come to this. But at the same it's been a long time coming.

[TBOC]Razor

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I got my old computer up and running today and i was installing a crapload of stuff (dc hub, vent server and so on) and i thought to myself:

"I used to run a MSC server *now and then* b4 and i still like to play it once in a while so why don't i put a MSC server on this comp too and there will finally be a scandinavian MSC server, YaY"

So i go onto the site and download the latest betapack and so on but then i see something, FuzNet is now locked down and just "trusted" ppl can run an [FN] server :S

After all this rambling :)P) what i want to ask is:

If i request and get the password, will i be forced to run an open server ??

I usually ran my own passworded server to play in because i got sick of ppl not doing what i told them to (me wanting to go to edana to sell stuff for example and everyone just ignoring me for hours so i basically couldn't play cuz my inv/weight was full and just sitting there being idle is so god damn boring)

Also i don't like playing all those high level maps, i just run around in thorns and places like that "kill-the-big-bad-bear-map" but everyone else always nags about going somewhere else (usually somewhere i didn't have the map for anyway and when i did the bastards outvoted me on my own server arrghh >.<)

So in short, could i run my own [FN] server but with a password so that only ppl i trust can get in or would that be "frowned upon by the community" ??

EDIT: BTW if anyone ever saw it, my server was the "[TBOC] Swedish MSC server" or something like that (can't really remember cuz the comp it ran on was wiped a good while ago but it was called something like that anyway :D)

EDIT2: Forgot to write that i also have a very limited upload on my internet connection and that is another reason why running a fully public server could be a bit problematic.

With a low number of slots it could get full and the ones i want to play with can't get on and with a higher number of slots it would probably lag like hell.

I really wish i had one of those 10/10 connections :(

[TBOC]Razor

New Adventurer
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
I am vouching for this guy.

Who ? me ??

Were you ever on my server ? cuz i can't remember seeing you there and i should have seen you if you were there since i used to run a puny listenserver back then :D

I do however think that we've "talked" on the forum or something, lol i really can't remember, it was so damn long ago ^^

[TBOC]Razor

New Adventurer
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
I remember your server :eek:

Really ?? w0w :p

I did a search for all my posts on the forum (like six or something >.<) and needless to say, that wasn't where i remembered you from :p

Oh and BTW if anyone wants to check out my webradio, dc hub or ventrilo server (all are *soo* not on 24/7 :p) here is the addy's:

Radio: http://esab86.no-ip.org:9000/listen.pls just press ctrl-L in winamp and enter that addy and you'll be tuned in :)

Vent: http://esab86.no-ip.org:3784

DC hub: http://esab86.no-ip.org (shouldn't need port number if all goes well :p)

The radio plays basically whatever is in my winamp playlist atm, the vent is almost always empty >.< and the dc hub is just a small one that hasn't really gotten noticed yet (i.e. 90% of the time its empty or just me and my brother in there :D)

Oh and remember, all of these are located in frosty sweden :p

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, if ya play alone on a passworded server, ya'll wind up being low level forever. Suggest getting him the password anyways.

If you want to volunteer to regular host an open (non-listen) server, ever since the ">500hp only" server, I've been strongly considering making a low-level only filter, that actually means something (ie. >500hp = can't move) I could get you a custom dll to host that with.

[TBOC]Razor

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Well, if ya play alone on a passworded server, ya'll wind up being low level forever. Suggest getting him the password anyways.

Yeah well what can i say, i'm a loner :p

Thothie said:
If you want to volunteer to regular host an open (non-listen) server, ever since the ">500hp only" server, I've been strongly considering making a low-level only filter, that actually means something (ie. >500hp = can't move) I could get you a custom dll to host that with.

Hmm that actually sound a bit interesting although i don't know how that would benefit you yanks since im only on a 1mb upload connection in far away sweden :D

Oh and i'd have to check my own HP before hosting something like that, i can't remember what i have myself >.<

I'll just see if i can get the game running and edit this post later :)

EDIT: I was just on Hell's and im just a level 20 fencer with 297HP :oops:

So the "only <500HP" thing won't be a problem for me :p

And i want to say one moar thing:

Goddamn!! it's fun running around kicking the shit out of those boars in thorns ^^

Saw Sabre there btw they were talkin about pimpsta, i recognize that nick hmm.

Odin

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Hellooooooooo, I will be needing the pw as well :)

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Odin said:
Hellooooooooo, I will be needing the pw as well :)

DO NOT.

EVER.

SAY HELLO WITH THAT MANY O's.

I swear I mistook you for those dumb 'animated smilies' or whatever.

One minute, you're fine. Then you get a pop up with your volume on max.

HHEELLLLOOOOOOOOO, OH MY GOD, NO WAY!

Odin

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Oh no one more spammer in our community :oldcry: how you managed to write over 500 posts in those 2 months is a mystery for me, I mean that's like average of 9 posts per day?

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Odin said:
Oh no one more spammer in our community :oldcry: how you managed to write over 500 posts in those 2 months is a mystery for me, I mean that's like average of 9 posts per day?

Oh yes, big bad spammer. Get out of my way.

Who cares about post count? I post in threads that have new posts in them every day, and I check them all EVERYDAY when I get home.

Before today, your last post was in august, so I see how 500 posts is a mystery to you.

Oh :

Total posts: 554
[0.97% of total / 8.39 posts per day]

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
But almost as impressive as Pimpsta's ever-accumulating post count :)

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Odin said:

Don't bother, it's already up there too far for you to provoke it to get stuck any higher.

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
9 posts a day? Gasp. I make 31 100ths of a post every day.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
*Cough* 8.42 *Cough*

But at least my posts are use--

Err..

SOME of my posts.. no..

I have 1 or 2 useful posts among them?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Heh, I was gonna respond that mine had yet to catch yours, but there is that whole I-joined-over-a-year-after-you thing :p

Oh well. Not ALL of my posts are +1s >_>

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
It takes a lot of posting to be the Resident Ass =\

Ok, not really. But it has held my title!