If I could have a moment of your time...

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I have no clue what's going on with that one. Does it do it in normal HL/other HL mods?

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Awesome fixes :) I think you could request a custom crest for this :wink:

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
HumanSteak said:
Awesome fixes :) I think you could request a custom crest for this :wink:

But what could be cooler than a RiP crest?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
A MODIFIED RiP crest ;-)

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
pvpfixhk3.png

That, my friends, is the party system working "correctly". Shuri and I can talk, NOT hurt eachother in PvP, and NOT freeze eachother with blizzard.

And we show as friendly to each other.

I like this thread.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
If you guys can find a central location where edicts are defined, or can get the engine to put out a debug every time an edict is setup, it might help. I think our edict problem is a set being created and never released - if we can get debugs on individual edicts, we maybe able to track down which part of the code or scripts is doing that and squash it. Thus far, I've been unable to find any such central edict control though.

[FSM]The Owneded

New Adventurer
Reaction score
P|Barnum said:
I was going to say, "lets start small, fix minor bugs rather than jumping into huge ones." But the XP bug was a pretty damn big bug to squash.

How about the camera bug? When you stand on a 8x8 unit block (or less) or if you stand on a player, then duck, the camera shakes like crazy.

Doesn't it only do that when you're crouching? Maybe it's a collision bug.

pimpsta

New Adventurer
God of War
Reaction score
P|Barnum said:
How about the camera bug? When you stand on a 8x8 unit block (or less) or if you stand on a player, then duck, the camera shakes like crazy.

camera bug? I never find a camera bug in MSC...
is the 3rd person cam higher or lesser than 135.0?

There is a new code for 3rd person or to patch up the camera bug somewhere in google for HL1 mod... I don't have all the MSC codes to research certain things.

Humming Bird

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Question to you, Thothie :)

I noticed (for the first time) the "MapCheck.cpp". Is that file not functional? Or is the thing you said about not being able to use fstream false? Or... Is my logic going crazy and that's got nothing to do with what I was thinking.

EDIT: Seems like that file's functions are used in SVGlobals.cpp, am I not correct?

EDIT2: Looking even further down, it all seems to be commented :|

EDIT3: ... I was looking @ the MS:C voting functions (which was all I *should* be looking at), and I see why the votekick fails =\
Code:
//But do ban the STEAM ID regardless
What kind of kick bans a person?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
For MSC it is. Not so much so in CS/NS/TFC... or RL.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Humming Bird said:
Question to you, Thothie :)

I noticed (for the first time) the "MapCheck.cpp". Is that file not functional? Or is the thing you said about not being able to use fstream false? Or... Is my logic going crazy and that's got nothing to do with what I was thinking.
The map authenticator in there does not function, I think it was contributed by someone, and found not to work.

EDIT3: ... I was looking @ the MS:C voting functions (which was all I *should* be looking at), and I see why the votekick fails =\
Code:
//But do ban the STEAM ID regardless
What kind of kick bans a person?

Should apply a 5 minute ban so they aren't tempted to reconnect right away. The default vote kick system works that way, as do some internal HL vote kick systems (like the one in Svencoop).

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Um Pimpsta. Look and understand what I described about the camera bug.

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
While we're on the subject of third party cam... Would it be possible to move the camera further away, so third person is actually worth using?

What puzzles me is why are people jumping on top of each others? :?

[FSM]The Owneded

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Evaan said:
While we're on the subject of third party cam... Would it be possible to move the camera further away, so third person is actually worth using?

Well you see, people are much more convenient than rats, mostly because they can stand up once you're on top of them. It's like a rat and a skeleton in one stair!(more like an elevator). If I always had the option to jump on people, I'd ditch my scroll of rat summoning.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Evaan said:

Console command: cam_idealdist

And some maps require teamwork in getting to inaccessible areas, namely demontemple.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Theres no restrictions or limits to the camera settings, so in third person you can be as far away as you want. Just have to know the commands (See above post). Though, we could put a minimum amount there so people start off a good distance away.