If I could have a moment of your time...

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
untitledvc1.png

That, my friends, is what a compiled ms.dll looks like on my computer. IT FINALLY F*CKING COMPILED!!

FYI: The problem was that, despite there being quotes, M$ couldn't deal with "C:\MSC code\". Screw you, m$. Screw you.

Also FYI: Now that I can compile, I will be putting together a cl.dll that will allow me to process the numbers involved with display percentages for stats. Hopefully, I'll have the 100% glitch fixed soon :)

• Admin

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Eh? I've had the code for awhile, but I couldn't do anything with it because it wouldn't compile. It finally has compiled, so I'm going to be doing some things with it.

pimpsta

New Adventurer
God of War
Reaction score
the-award-goes-to-the-guy-who-finally-can-compile...

If you know C++ then why don't you help out Thothie.
Are you using VS2003 or VS2005?

• Admin

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
2003. I know Java, mostly, so I can dabble with fixing MS:C things, which is what I plan on doing..

pimpsta

New Adventurer
God of War
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
which is what I plan on doing..

I was planning on doing it too! The codes scared me! I think Thothie should rewrite the status. There are too many of them overlapping each other.

• Admin

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Yeah, the code is pretty damn scary. I think it's best to be actually looking for something (ctrl+shift+f) rather than just staring at it.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
If you can fix the 100% bug, you will be awesome...And if you can fix the spellcasting, you will be God.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I think I may have fixed the exp glitch. To test this I need someone to post their Steam ID and stat if they KNOW they are about to get a level. Please hurry, this is very important!

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Why not just test it? Will the new code not take effect until a level? Or should it change the exp values straightaway?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Because how am I to know that the percentage is correct? I think it is, but having a semi-known percentage would be much easier to test.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
MiB, you are awesome. But I have told you that before so you already know it. Good job on the accomplishment. I have an idea for the party system I was going to code but couldn't because, well, you know.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I think everyone can be a little more patient than that.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
Because how am I to know that the percentage is correct? I think it is, but having a semi-known percentage would be much easier to test.

Valid point...But I think the big test is actually seeing a logical percentage change in experience...Nonetheless, I want to volunteer if you will have me.

STEAM_0:0:4658435

My parry leveled up recently, so it should be between 20-40%

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I'll test that in a minute. I'm currently checking out Shuri's character. I've got it set up so it tells me my exp when I open the playerinfo screen, so I'm killing monsters and logging changes.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
As in dynamic changes? Rather than having to press the stats button twice to see if it changed?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
My debug is set up where the code fills in the (default) 'p' key information, so it only prints in console when I OPEN that screen.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Ah I see, but are you going to try and do that? Also, what other bugs could potentially be fixed?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Giving a player exp is serverside and the skill screen is clientside, so I dun think it's possible without a lot of extra work. What bugs do you mean?

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I don't know. I don't know what bugs come from which side (server or client). But I am sure if we sat here and discussed and seperated them, we could figure it out.

Drigien

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
Giving a player exp is serverside and the skill screen is clientside, so I dun think it's possible without a lot of extra work.

A lot of work? I don't think it would be that much work...

Case A: the exp is sent on change, but the screen only loads it once. Simple fix by adding a think function to update the displays every X frames.

Case B: the exp is only sent when the display is opened. In this case you just have to make it send the data every time it changes, and again make a think function to update the display (if it is not already doing this).