I want to get a quest reset.

Magnus Johnson

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I guess Quest F for the felwin shard or whatever it is well messed up. Kenshin wanted me to help him out for his friend and I trusted his second-hand knowledge a long time ago and wondered why I couldn't get any more of those Felwin things for my other characters. I searched through multiple chests on my other characters seeing if I can get more symbols so I can do that weird boss fight thing.

Short story is I just want the quest to get undone or whatever possible so I can do the quest and have the sword cause I heard it helps level up Divination and does holy damage and is the best possible sword you could get.

Please Thothie I wish to be either Reset for the quest so I can enjoy the game with friends who I'm inviting in for the summer again.

My characters name Is Flash Gordon

I made a post about this in another Section of the forum but was told to put it in here. Sorry for making 2 posts.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Sadly, there's no way to do that. It's quest data tracked, so it only affects one of your characters, and the quest isn't marked completed until you receive a Felewyn sword.

Kanta

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
the quest isn't marked completed until you receive a Felewyn sword.

This is not true. If you are in the middle of the quest and go to fight Undamael with someone else who has collected all 5 symbols your quest will be marked complete even if you do not receive the shard. Furthermore, no matter who it is who handed in the symbols, whomever has the highest damage points will receive the shard and complete everyone's quest thus locking them out of getting a shard on that character if they are so awful as to keep it for themselves. I have seen this happen multiple times. This quest is STILL extremely broken.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Regex search says only script that sets the Felewyn quest to complete is the sword animation as it comes flying at you, and it has:
Code:
{ basenoclip_flight
	if !GAVE_SWORD
	callevent 0.1 basenoclip_flight

local MY_ORG game.monster.origin
	vectoradd MY_ORG $relvel(0,NPC_FWD_SPEED,0)
	setorigin ent_me MY_ORG

setmovedest NPC_NOCLIP_DEST 10

local TARG_ORG $get(MY_TARGET,origin)
	if $dist(MY_ORG,TARG_ORG) < 30
	setvard GAVE_SWORD 1
	setprop ent_me renderamt 0
	effect screenfade MY_TARGET 3 1 (255,255,255) 255 fadein
	local FRAG_ELM $rand(1,5)
	if ( FRAG_ELM == 1 ) offer MY_TARGET swords_fshard1 //<--- gives random shard
	if ( FRAG_ELM == 2 ) offer MY_TARGET swords_fshard2
	if ( FRAG_ELM == 3 ) offer MY_TARGET swords_fshard3
	if ( FRAG_ELM == 4 ) offer MY_TARGET swords_fshard4
	if ( FRAG_ELM == 5 ) offer MY_TARGET swords_fshard5
	quest set MY_TARGET f complete //<--- marks complete
	helptip ent_me generic "One Time Quest (Shard of Felewyn) Completed" "The Felwyn Shard has been acquired.|Quest Complete."
	setmodel none
	clientevent remove all MY_SCRIPT_IDX
	callevent 0.1 remove_me
}
Not edited since Febuary 2015. All other instances of that quest being set make it either 0 (reset), or 1 (active).

So, if that sword didn't come flying into your hands, I've no idea how it'd get set complete.

In anycase, ya can try in console: ". quest f" (sans quotes)

If it returns "complete" yer boned, but no idea how it happened. (Provided this didn't happen before FEB2015.)

If it returns "0" - go talk to the head of The Circle of Five (Brother Unum) again.

If it returns "1" yer good to go, and have just been having crappy luck on symbols, or lack the 750HP requirement.

Kanta

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Yeah well, I dunno what to tell you other than it's bogus and doesn't work like that in practice. Like I've said I've seen this quest wrongfully completed on players who were simply just tagging along for the bossfight and did not get a shard. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also it totally does not require 750 hp. I've completed the quest at 700 HP exactly and gotten the shard before.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah well, I dunno what to tell you other than it's bogus and doesn't work like that in practice. Like I've said I've seen this quest wrongfully completed on players who were simply just tagging along for the bossfight and did not get a shard. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
FInd me the character and get me the Steam ID.

Also it totally does not require 750 hp. I've completed the quest at 700 HP exactly and gotten the shard before.
Under NOV2015, you can get the Shard with <750HP, but you shouldn't be able to find Symbols. Since nixed that so it just avoids giving ya the quest entirely, with a message as to why, as it's been causing too much confusion.