I soloed an ice reaver without retreating or dying

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
As the topic title says, I soloed an ice reaver without retreating or dying. 2lt.Walter, DarkWarrior and I stormed into the room with the three ice reavers, and I started attacking one of them (by myself). It didn't even stun me. Hell, I didn't even resist being stunned. The message console didn't say "You resist being stunned." once.

Then I helped 2lt.Walter and DarkWarrior with the other two ice reavers, and as I started attacking one of them, it focused its attention on me... and didn't even try to stun me once (again the message console didn't say "You resist being stunned.").

The third reaver tried to stun me four times, but I resisted them all.

Man, I am so L337 :mrgreen:

Edit: And I wasn't using my ice shield either (that means I'm even L337er... soloing an ice reaver without retreating, dying or using an ice shield).

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
what weapon J-M?

the bone blade doesn't keep you close enough...pretty much the only thing i can stand fighting them with is magic and the scythe...

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
no you didn't. and if you did, the reaver wasn't attacking.

theres no way to stay close enough to the reaver to actually kill it with the bone blade, its range is shorter than the PFCK (which i dunno WHY it is, beings as its longer) and the reaver pushes with every attack...

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
To solo them, just run into the pool of water and keep crouching while you attack them. make sure you use the bone blade to regain healt and dont drown in water.
For some strange reason they dont attack you while crouching in the water

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I solo'd an ice reaver at level 26 with a granite mace. :p

I don't think you can do it on ms_snow, but you maybe able to on nightmare. Trick is to get the ice reaver to not see you until, when he attacks you, he has to wedge you into a wall (preferably a corner) that he is very close to. This eliminates his reach advantage - as he can't push you back any further. After that it's just a matter of keeping the ice shield up, keeping the reaver stunned, and downing potions periodically.

Once or twice he may retreat to cast another lightning bolt at you, then you have to run out of the corner and repeat - but tis trickier the second time, since he's running amuck. Something's up with the script though - as he doesn't always do that, even if he lives long enough to where he should.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
wierd. me and avo both agreed that we didnt want the player to camp and kill so in the pool we put leeches... what happened to them?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Whats an ice reaver?

An Ice Reaver is a bid bag beasty that, literally, eats polar bears for lunch. It also likes to eat players as a between meal snack. ...I thought it was one of our more impressive looking beasties in battle - even if the model is a reskinned knock-off. They can be found on ms_snow and nightmare_thornlands.

wierd. me and avo both agreed that we didnt want the player to camp and kill so in the pool we put leeches... what happened to them?

I didn't do nuttin to em... That pool is shallow enough that the Ice Reavers can get in and out though, isn't it? (Plus it seems small enough that they could reach accross it)

I can't recall if I've ever actually faced the Reavers on ms_snow with my FN char (I soloed the one in nightmare). Seems everytime I get to ms_snow, it's either a bunch of nubs who take out the orc chief, and don't want to bother with the Queeny quest. Or a couple of l337 players who are indeed at the end of the Queen quest.

...like a few days ago, where I joined J_M and four others in their effort to kill the Ice Trannie with 50,000gp. J_M out-blinged the lord of bling! :oldshock:

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Lol :D
With that knowledge of how to solo Ice Reavers, I forsee laming them with boneblades for XP in the future!!! :)

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
God damn it, I will say this once more:

I soloed an ice reaver.
I did not retreat once.
I did not die once.
I did not heal myself once.
I did not cast an ice shield on myself once.
I did not hide in the pool (and just for the record: ice reavers can walk in the pool).
I did use the bone blade.
I did actually hit the ice reaver because I was constantly walking forward.
The ice reaver was, in fact, attacking me just like it would attack any other player.
The ice reaver did, however, not stun me.
The ice reaver didn't even try to stun me (I was lucky at that).
I soloed the ice reaver all by myself; 2lt.Walter and DarkWarrior were fighting the other two.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I did not use a bone blade.
I did not die nor retreat
I did use ice shield.
I did heal myself lots.
I did get stunned lots.
...I'm only level 26.
:p

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Oh great, another map exploit to fix. >< Mind if I remove that so we don't tell the whole world?

Seriously though, thanks. Seems if the bug is to the player's advantage, I never hear about it.

I wonder where Avzool is anyways...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
lord_of_all_bling2.gif

You'll notice the Ice Lord is rather feminine. Talk to the dwarf about his/her/its gender confusion. ;)

I actually got one of Lady X's friends to do the voice for her - but I've not got the MP3 recorder I lent her back yet...

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
the pool is deep where the ice reaver would get stuck. thats why we put in a func_monsterclip "ramp" so he can get up and down easily

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I already read about the map exploit :)

I think, just to be lamez0r to the maxz0r, I will avoid updating anymore (j/k, of course) :oldlol: