Hmm is it bad that I learnt these spells?

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Not knowing about the new cap of eight spells, and tomes versus scrolls thing.

I learnt Glow, Fire Dart and Erractic lightning... So that's 3/8 of spells I can learn... Will this be a problem in the future or are most spells brought/found scrolls? I hope I can still get a lot of the good spells and such...

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
That's exsists? I read on the Wiki that they couldn't be forgotton once learnt...

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Updates to the game but not the Wiki come often >_>

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Can I ask is that Bloodrose out yet? Because you can play MS_Snow and it transitions to Tundra and Bloodrose (That's all I've found so far... It's a hard map and I was just exploring hehe)

Also what do those relocation crystals or something do? They can be brought by the guy in the hut on ms_snow.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Crystals of Relocation changes your spawn point (they are also available elsewhere). They are particularly handy on ms_snow, since your spawn point eventually gets to be very far from the center of conflict.

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Ah I see, thank you Thothie.

I got stuck on ms_snow just fighting the first few wave of bears/boars that seemed to trigger after going in to the house hehe. I ended up giving up because the Giant Polar Bears, and those giant snow boars (Charged me for 180+ lol!) were just too strong.

I was in way over my head, so I'm back to leveling of skeletons as they seem to give nice EXP lol.

Oh yeah, I also like scrolls as they have a cool effect when you activate them. Like lightning has a little storm around you, glow makes a huge yellow ring of light, and fire ball seems to make a little dragon go above your head!

One last thing, I got a bug/problem. When I use a scroll and it's meant to automaticaly go back into my spellbook, it goes back into my small bag instead... (Yes the spellbook is equipped).

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
drop your small sack, pick it up, and re-equipt it...

so the sidebar reads the spellbook before the smallsack

you can also do this so that the spellbook is in the top slot and is opened when you press 3

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Ah so that's how you do it, I was trying to get my spellbook to open when I pressed 3 but had no idea how. Thanks for clearing that up.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, the small bag is buggard, I can't control what goes into it, so it sometimes takes things it shouldn't... Even with the hard code, I've not figured a way to fix this yet. :\

And yes, ms_snow is intended for level 30+ - the bears are just about the weakest thing on the map. ;)

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Haha, good job I didn't continue then if it was taking me ages just to kill one giant polar bear

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
when i logged in msc yesterday, i was wearing a frostbolt scroll, and my spell book contained a spellbook, tried relogging no difference.