"HLDS Launcher Error"?

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
My HLDS MSC server restarts just fine with Thothie's restarter, but after a few crashes, I get a "HLDS Launcher Error", and it gets stuck.

How do I prevent this from happening, so that I can leave my server up when I'm not around?

I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Wow, that's much better than my solution - changing the permissions for WerFault and deleting it - which doesn't really do you any good, as Vista likes to apply it again as soon as your system updates. Indeed, the procedure was complicated enough, not to mention so ineffective, that I never added it to the HLDS tutorial. Didn't realize there was a block list.

I know that simply disabling error reporting doesn't work in Vista - the Vista debugger still suspends the program, lifts the PID (stopping any other debugger, and preventing restarter.exe from killing the process). On top of that, it blocks any port in use by the program - so while the restarter might launch another HLDS, even though it can't kill the old one with Werfault jacking the PID, it does not good, as the next HLDS can't access the port.

I'll add the link to the tutorial, thanks.