Helm of Pathos

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Awesome helmet, maybe change the texture of those serpentine strings.

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hey, you can hate me, whatever. I posted what I wanted to it to look like.

Shuriken : You can just ignore rilez, hes just finding something new to bitch at.

CMD : rilez, just quit while you're ahead.

I dont understand how this concerns my ideas for a helmet, but its enough bull shit for me to get started. I give some criticism for his work, and say what I think would look good, and I get shat on by CMD shuriken. (fair, huh?)

I'll try my best to skin it, just to say I tried.

There is nothing wrong with the design, I just dont like the skin. Yell at me for my opinion, I dont care, he's probably going to fix it later, but you can get your chance to yell at me now for being an inconsiderate asshole saying the skin isnt that good.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I thought you were going to make a different model altogether?

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I cant model, but I can skin, and I could skin it to look the way I want it, not just black and white but just different styles of design on both sides. I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do with it, and I think it would be a good example of balance, outside of black and white.

My idea, other than the LOTR cross (which needs modeling) would be to take the evil side, and give it a cracked lava'ey sort of look.

For the white side, I would either try to give it an "angelic" or elven sort of design, or I would simply put an ice texture on that side.

HomestarR

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
If you don't use a subdued color scheme though it will end up looking like warcraft. I don't like lego armor.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
tehrilez said:
I give some criticism for his work, and say what I think would look good, and I get shat on by CMD shuriken. (fair, huh?)

You were insulting Sabre's skinning and modeling. Thats not criticism, thats being a dick.

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
If you added lava and ice, I'd get the impression you were going for an elemental theme instead of a dark/light theme.

It does look bland imo. The yellow things look like a triple mohawk :D
Id say add some kind of pattern to each side that is a shade away from the current color (black + dark grey pattern / white + light grey pattern)

Could make it better, could make it worse, can't really tell till its on teh helmet.

HomestarR

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
tehrilez said:
I dont like it.

No specific reason, I just dont seem to like it at all.

The white looks like solid white with blue flakes and the black half looks like the moon colored black with a red V on it.

if you're just skinning but not ac tually modeling, then I've got nothing to say and you really shouldnt release it in its current state.

Also : I really, really hate that moon texture. You've used it several times, get some new photoshop filters will you?

You don't have to make everything in this game strictly white and black. Its getting old really fast. Just using simple design implies balance, like a sharp jagged half compared to a nice smooth, detailed half. You don't need to make every map/helmet sword look like a friggen moon cookie.

The only part of this post that can be seen as constructive is the
You don't have to make everything in this game strictly white and black. Its getting old really fast. Just using simple design implies balance, like a sharp jagged half compared to a nice smooth, detailed half.

part. Everything else just makes it sound like you have something personal against him.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Rilez, why do you speak for others?

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Crow: Hello, I'm Crow and I fckin pwn at making lvls LOLOLOLOLOLOL. I have my own crest LOLOLOMGTHATSFUNNYLOLOLOL.

Maybe not so much laughing.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
*ignores 2 pages* I love your helmet idea Sabre :D

What would be really neat if you had a set of balance (Armor, Urdulian Shield, this helmet and a sword (Probably the one FER is working on)) :eek:

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
FER finished the swords :D

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I think it looks great!

Could you maybe straighten out the back of the middle gold ring and have the two side ones come down at 65 degree angles. It would make it look more aerodynamic because right now it kinda of looks like a crow foot is grabbing the helmet from the side view pictures.

Just a suggestion. Not trying to knock your work like some people.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Different textures:

asdasd.jpg

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
For some reason I think the chrome effect works different between setting it trough the model viewer and adding "chrome" in the name of the texture. Give it a try

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
You can chrome something if you add chrome into the actual filename? I did not know that :idea:

EDIT: ...Through ms3d, yes?

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Yeah, trough renaming it in MS3D or the default name of the texture. If you use the "chrome in name" way, the texture gets resizes to 64x64 after you compile it (tough it looks better IMO)

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
axe the blue and red markings and fix the things at top so they dont look stretched. The new black/white texture is MUCH better now. But like I said, if you want markings for the dark side, add lava cracks or something dark like that (make it look charred or war torn or something like that nature.) For the white side, I would leave it just with that marble texture, or some angelic/elven stylish designs (if you understand what I mean by that.)

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I deffintily like the reskin better than the orig.

And the model itself imo is nice.

Keep up the work Sabre.

P.S.

The only thing shitty imo that sabre made is the S.H.I.T. Crest, and even that is made of win :p

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Yes, very good job. As Crow said, the blue and red don't make sense.