RiP
Reaction score
An idea I thought of yesterday.
edana0014-1.gif
edana0017-1.gif
edana0016-1.gif
edana0011.gif

CONCEPT:
I made this helm with lore in mind, cause that's how I roll.
Pathos, the supreme Loreldian, often appeared simply as a face, one side being benevolent and radiant, the other being contorted and evil.
The idea is this helm is to function as two; upon obtaining it you will have to take it to an NPC in order for it to be aligned to one side or the other.
Chaos- You sacrifice protection for haste and fury(more running speed and damage, very little stun resistance)
Order- You take a defensive stance and allow your mind to regenerate (Mana regen, decent stun resistance)

EDIT: Alternatively, if the side crests are too much, I've a model without em, just the one on top.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
This gains the CrazyMonkeyDude seal of approval. :D

Now... If only I had a picture for it. Might have to make one up. >.>

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
y
does
almost
every
new
model
include
the
balence
of
white
and
black

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Because
white
a-

Fuck it. Because white and black > any other colour combo.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
WeissberV said:
y
does
almost
every
new
model
include
the
balence
of
white
and
black
Read: Everything I make :p.
I like to tie my works into the lore somehow, which is something that I don't see anyone else do...Which is surprisingly, cause the lore is awesome :?

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I dont like it.

No specific reason, I just dont seem to like it at all.

The white looks like solid white with blue flakes and the black half looks like the moon colored black with a red V on it.

Make the dark half look like this

LOTRWarHelmoftheWitch-King-LimitedEdition.jpg

and the "good half"

LOTR-LtdEdHighElvenWarHelm2.jpg

if you're just skinning but not ac tually modeling, then I've got nothing to say and you really shouldnt release it in its current state.

Also : I really, really hate that moon texture. You've used it several times, get some new photoshop filters will you?

You don't have to make everything in this game strictly white and black. Its getting old really fast. Just using simple design implies balance, like a sharp jagged half compared to a nice smooth, detailed half. You don't need to make every map/helmet sword look like a friggen moon cookie.

halfmoons.jpg

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I didn't use said texture, and I am NOT cloning LotR.

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I said 'make it look like' not "CLONE" LOTR.

And yes, you did, for the urdulian shield (which I also still think is ugly, even with that reskin.)

The black half is the same for the black half of the helmet.

Its in every stupid new thing thats being made : Everyone thinks : 'zomg MS:C i gotta make it half and halfz!'

When was the last time someone made something purely dark/light?

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
No one else is observing that trend except me. And they are not the same textures, because...They are not the same textures.

HomestarR

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
helmofstupidityav6.jpg

Nah, the original looks way better than this. I like Sabre's helm.

Rilez, his works have some sort of uniformity. They all look like they fit. I see no problem with that. One thing about WoW that bothered me is that every piece of armor looked way different from the rest. Your character ended up looking like a clown. See my mspaint creation? Has clown written all over it.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
You can just ignore Rilez, hes just looking for something new to b*tch about. I think it is a good helm, and the idea of having it alligned to good or evil is nice. However, I'm not really a fan of the gold... things... From the front it looks great, the sides look strange to me with them though.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Rilez. Just stop while you're behind. A lot of the Lore Sabre is following has to do with Balance. This is why he's painstakingly made those swords, and now he's contributing with a helmet.

I don't see you making ANY models, or any reskins other than that crappy one you made for the Urdulian Shield. And don't be jealous that Sabre fairly beat you (hell, he put a vote up for which one everyone would like... And guess who's they chose?)

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The side ones can be removed, and I can change their color if need be...But I thought I'd add them so I don't get any SPARTAAAA comments ;)

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
his works has sense of uniformity because they all look like half of it is made of the moon and half of it was made of the moon which was on fire at one point and is now charred.

That mspaint "creation" looks much better, I have no idea but I'm pretty sure you're blind to that. But hey, if you want the only urdulian shield skin to look like that helmet with some weird paint crap down the middle and the next new helm to look like the shield without the paint (which he will probably put on for XTRA BALANCE) and some weird streched out gold.. things on top.

Oh, yeah, the black texture isnt the same because in paint, you made a red Y on it. sorry for the mistake.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Then please, do better.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Rilez. You need some punctuation. I read your post and ran out of breath.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Looks a little like my helm. Since I reformatted my computer yesterday, I no longer have MilkShape to make my helm and armor for player use. (Hint, someone else do it, hint).

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
CrazyMonkeyDude said:
Rilez. Just stop while you're behind. A lot of the Lore Sabre is following has to do with Balance. This is why he's painstakingly made those swords, and now he's contributing with a helmet.

I don't see you making ANY models, or any reskins other than that crappy one you made for the Urdulian Shield. And don't be jealous that Sabre fairly beat you (hell, he put a vote up for which one everyone would like... And guess who's they chose?)

I also do not see YOU making any models, and I also see that he just decided to start posting his shield "updates" in my thread that I made for my shield. I've lost all intrest in even trying to reskin because if I feel that if I try to reskin something like a sword or something

Me : here is my sword : *sword image*

Sabre : Oh em gee, you maek sword tuu? Look, everyone, see mine!!

Someone : OH EM GEE 5 STARS

Someone else : HOLY SH*T SABRE FOR PRESIDENT

Sabre : HAY WHICH ONE THIS THIS OR THIS

Me : uh.. why are we voting on sab-

Sabre : STFU U ASSHULE U R SUCH EN ASS STFU I MAED IT FAIR

CMD : YEAH STFU YOU ARE JUST TERRIBLE AND DONT CONTRIBUTE

Shuriken : LOLOLOloLolOLOL!Ol1lO!.>!>``~~~

MiB : WTF LOL

CMD : WTF MIB PUNCTUATION I ALMOST RAN OUT OF BREATH READING THAT SENTENCE JEBUS!!1

If you want me to do better, send me the model, I'll skin it.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Being that I initially started skinning that shield, you were the one intruding...And I put ALL of the options up to vote, including yours.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Actually, I'm starting on modelling. I haven't tried to contribute because I haven't made anything worth contributing.

Oh, I see. You're the master of your own threads. Far be it from someone to be helpful in your threads.

And, you're right. You are an asshole.

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
If you think of someone deciding to use your thread for something you spent time on to get something they made ingame, and take any attention away from you for something you tried to help make as helpful, then yes, he was very helpful.

You're just the same as everyone else.. "well... I do do ALOT but it aint very good so im not gonna post it and instead rag on people who try"

Did you see snow razors shield? It was made in PAINT and he still had the guts to post it. I had respect for him, even if the skin was terrible.

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Rilez's posts are probably going to end up being part of his life's work: The Legend of TehRilez, the Fantastic All-Round Developer - as told by himself.

Rilez. I'm afraid that I've lost that last scrap of respect I had for you. You should be appreciative of the work Sabre's doing. Sabre's models (which I must say are fantastic, quite frankly) may well end up in MS:C v1.0.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Rilez. I think you are the only one who got... What you said, out of that post. It didn't really go like how you stated.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Well rilez, you didn't like the structure of the helm in and of itself; so go ahead and make a competing one.