Hells DINER...

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
So.... why aren't they updating at all? I lost a bone blade to that server and I would have lost alot more if someone hadn't warned me about them never updating. It's pretty annoying when there's just 2 servers and one is chaining some place I don't want to be.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Firstly, it's Hell's DINER. Secondly, the server owner doesn't play or pay attention to the server...really ever. If you'd like to hunt him down and yell at him, I think many of us would appreciate it :p.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I'll show up at his house if that's what it takes, FN isn't liking my attempts at an official listen server and the other servers are usually hijaked, chaining ms_snow. I've got nothing against persistance and wanting to get something, it's just the fact that a level 20 trying to level spellcasting/ma/archery is plain out of luck there unless you wanna camp the 3 spawns at the top of the map.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Yes, well...Try getting your listen server going, that's about all I can say =\

If you want, I can run my LS and lock it for you, but you'll have to transition on your own and I can't guarantee it won't lag (I'm working on a Java project at the moment).

FuzzyFish

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
MSU Developer
Reaction score
I've been wanting to bug Hellscook about this for awhile but he's never on anymore.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Maybe he just hooked up a powerful server-machine (or a computer with lots of RAM and an awesome setup of auto-restarters...) and leaves it be in his basement? :D

HellsCook

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yeah, someone should give that guy what-for.

Seriously, if theres a new patch out, let me know on my AIM account (Juuroumarou). Or shoot me an e-mail ([email protected])

DarkWasp

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
He just moved up to Feb, it says JAN ATM because of the MS.DLL bug.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
HellsCook said:
Yeah, someone should give that guy what-for.

Seriously, if theres a new patch out, let me know on my AIM account (Juuroumarou). Or shoot me an e-mail ([email protected])
Updates are the first of every month now Hellz... Large part of reason we went to that system was cuz of you. Should be easy to know when to update. ;) Granted, it seems there's always some *chinks* to work out the first few days... This SSE2 thing, fer instance.

Jeeze, SSE2's been around since 2002, I can't believe this many puters can't support it. I'm working up an unopt version of the FEB2007 MS.DLL now, but I need to confirm it works.

HellsCook

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Well my server is running an Athlon XP 2400+ so even when sse2 wasn't new, they didn't have it. Still plenty to run msc and some other stuff from though.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Try this:
http://www.thothie.com/msc_dev1/FEB2007a_nonSSE2.rar

Tell me if that alternate MS.DLL works out.

If it does, I'll make it the new default, and distro the SSE2 variant seperately.

Tis odd, I thought the AMD's caught up with that right quick. Do you know if they support SSE1?

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Hell, you realize that you've posted more in the last few days than over the other twelve months from when you joined??

Incredible.... :oldshock:

It'll be nice if your server is updated each month though, since then I won't need to have a relapse of November; where I lost some nice items joining it :p

Course... by now I've gotten those back & better ones.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Be nice to the Cook, he's got the oldest and most constantly running MS server there is. So he's a little slow in his old age. ;)

Sides, it was he who helped me propmptly setup a new ms.dll for the AMD folks... Now, I wonder if I can get an AMD optmization package for VS2003... Hmmm...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Tried to keep this one minor enough that he wouldn't need to worry about it. ;)