Guns

Sosuke

New Adventurer
Reaction score
like i was saying the gun would use magic and it feeds of the weilder so multipal shots would kill you ... so firing rapidly would not be wise ...

Sosuke

New Adventurer
Reaction score
also the pic of the gun was just to show that it should look simalar to a gun but have inscriptions on it that would control the use of magic like a scroll would amplifying the magic from the weilder and directing it at the enamy it feeds on the magic and life force of the one holding it to destroy a target

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Blasto121 said:
I would be for guns only under the usumption that they are single shot with freakish reload times. Otherwise guns would be way over powered.

Besides that the MS:C world doesn't really hold itself to any form of gun, maybe high powered bowguns, possible steam powered rifles, but a true gun I don't think so.

I say forget the guns lets make a ballista!

we never said we should add machine guns...first guns were one shot and pretty weak.unless msc has a timeline that advances then i doubt we will see
better guns than oneshot pistols or muskets...or maybe cannons

Tokugawa

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yes we were talking about single shot guns. NO CANNONS. God cannon's would be shit and you can't have a handheld cannon. Let's keep to our Eara on cannon's please...

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Cannons were made earlyer than guns...and would be a better bet.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
...for six pages I've ignored this thread... :roll:

No.

Unless you can get Lord K to write the script and assemble the models for you, you are SOL.

Crossbows: certainly

Ballistas: probably

Cannons: perhaps

Guns (magical or otherwise): NO.

We have a genre to stay in, man. ;)

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
why are you against cannons?... they could make interesting battlefields with dwarf cannons

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, they are... Granted, so are cannons.

Intend to figure a way to glue a proj spawner to a func_tank so mappers can make ballistas, someday...

ballista_heavy.jpg

Aaawww yah babie datz what I'm talkin' about! ;)

All I really need to do is make a projectile spawner similar to the catapult script - and the func_tankmortar can activate it. Tricky part is, reading the angle on the tankmortar so you can actually aim the projectile...

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
a cannon would also be nice...the first cannons were mortars...so some early mortar wouldt fit...also would be nice if you could steer em..

Tokugawa

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Were not a big war game. You can't have moving entites in MS:C either without hardcore coding.

Topic Options: Granted Impossible- Guns and Cannons OUT.

Jax

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I vote for gunpowder, but NOT guns. Castle seige map with destructible walls (there is actually one in PVK) would be fun :D

PVK Pirates (especially their sissy sniper class) have given me a very bad impression over the years, so I'm anti-musket/etc. :| Wouldn't mind a barrel of the stuff though :)

Tokugawa

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Gun powder sounds more of a objective type of thing. Like in WoW where you use gunpowder to brake through special areas. Something like that could be good and an explosion.spr coulden't be that hard to find.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
You can't have moving entites in MS:C either without hardcore coding.

The hell you can't. You can have pretty much all the bloody moving entities you want, of any size you want.

Gun powder sounds more of a objective type of thing. Like in WoW where you use gunpowder to brake through special areas. Something like that could be good and an explosion.spr coulden't be that hard to find.

Mappers can already do this by creating a barrel set func_breakable with an explosion strength... and indeed, some mappers already have.

PS. You can make a stationary Ballista by making the ballista bolt a func_train or func_door that does mass damage when blocked, but it won't be aimable. You can also make a stationary cannon with a trigger_hurt and env_explosion over the area it affects. Maybe even use a env_shooter to make the cannon ball. So, you don't necessarily need new scripts for non-aimable variants at least.

Tokugawa

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Forgive me for saying this Thothie...Wtf did you say? I havent got a first hand mapping brain or any functions that enable disable something. I only know basic commands as I haven't tryed my hand at anything else. Also J-M stated to me that having a Moving Entite would take some hardcore coding so I dont know who to beleive.