Guns

Sosuke

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I think it would be nice if there was a gun that could use magic in the game it could look like this mabby.

23804080784.jpg

(yes its the gun from Outlaw star "Caster" it uses magic)

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3269422

Sosuke

New Adventurer
Reaction score
well any gun will look to futuristic for the game but the gun uses up your mana each shot so your mana is your ammo (and if you use up mana, 0 mana and take a shot it uses all your hp as a side affect *if possable*)

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
a musket or so would be nice...
or a blunderbore...but some form of basic gun wouldt hurt...

Sosuke

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Well I wanted one that would look like it would use magic and try not to let it look like a real gun more modern or older. This was one that I could find quickly, it has markings on sides and what not so it looks like it would use magic hence it is a magic gun ...

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
ah right...i just rembered it was named blunder something...
still would be cool with some dwarf guns...and maybe some rewards from some bosses like a demonic gun

Tokugawa

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Adding a new class also sounds nice. Something like ' Muskateer ' or ' Sharpshooter ' maybe even ' Hunter '. There could be the same amount of guns as there are bows. Differnt shots or bullets would also be a good idea. Simple rifles such as the ones from 'Battlegrounds' the HL1 mod. Maybe 4 differnt rifles/blunderbusses. Depends on your class. Rifles for Sharpshooters and Muskateers and Blunderbusses for the hunters? Just a simple idea.
Also adding some new bows may be a good idea. Maybe a little more detailed then the ones we have right now. (we have 4?).
the Daemonic Gun idea sounds good too. Could shoot like a fire ball or something? Finding the spirtes maybe easy for that maybe the fire dart sprite on the spell casting?

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
yeah sounds cool...but the guns should be a dwarf invention

Tokugawa

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ha now your just taking stuff from WoW and accturally the gnome's invented the gun's I believe. Even though that they maybe dwarven the chrachters in MS are human and since have longer arms. The guns would look weird if they were all short and stout. Maybe making them longer but the ones from WoW look ugly :/.
Also maybe having different types of scopes to fix on that adjust the range and power the effect on the gun has. (Iron Scope. Dark Scope. Daemonic Scope)

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
there are no gnomes in ms...
and no im not copying wow...runescape forexample also has dwarfs with cannons for an instant

Tokugawa

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I dont see how a human could hold a dwarven gun. It would be incy. Maybe you could make races Such as Human , Dwarfs , Elves then maybe it might work and each race as there own speciality in weapons.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
humans and dwarfs can use same weapons...and yes races are planned ...and were since 1.0

Tokugawa

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Sorry i diden't know races were planned im pretty new. Anyway I like the idea of guns but they dont have to use magic. You can blend in the shots they use stones and rocks pebbles and you could buy more powerful shots. I doubt you could have more then arrow types but it could just work.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
oh how i long for the return of the suggestions forum :(

it is true, guns were invented somewhere around 1300...but i think they might be a little too different of a concept for MSC, you see..with a gun, its mostly the gun that does the damage instead of you skill with the weapon, it also depends on where you hit...and with the master sword hitboxes, thats not exactly possible...

lets leave our game with swords magic and bows like it was meant to be ;)

[also, guns were invented in the ancient arabic world, which is fairly far away from the world of master sword, as there are no deserts]

Tokugawa

New Adventurer
Reaction score
We don't always have to follow reality. Im sure we can bend the rules a few times. I would be interesting to see and maybe adjust the damage a bit, make it do more then a bow or less depending on the shot. Also you don't have unlimited crappy bullets you HAVE TO buy them from a shop or the gun stays inactive. Maybe that could balance it.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
i believe there was a desert planned somewhere in MSC, perhaps a village of desert people will sell you this item? and perhaps the price wont be for everyone ;)

but i'm still against it :\

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
guns should be rare and hard to get thats for sure...unless its a bad version...

Tokugawa

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Okay Ill try and balance it out more. Maybe the Guns have Durability, they would have its about 30/30. When it reach 7 or less it has to be repaired or it cant be used again. Reparing a item would cost more then the gun itself maybe 2 times more. This would prevent people from just buying a new gun then repairing it. Or if you were to buy a new gun instead of repairing you would lose all of your skill in that gun (If you lose the gun).
Yes maybe selling them in the desert is a good idea. Maybe some very very high level monsters drop guns too.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
nah...i dont like it...guns should just be a different type of bow

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
it wont unbalance if its not too much stronger than bows...the first guns were really weak...so they should be something a boss drops.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Gurluas said:
there are no gnomes in ms...
and no im not copying wow...runescape forexample also has dwarfs with cannons for an instant

Yes there are!!! Haven't you played calruin2 at all!?