Gold Model?

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
Ne ways i was thinking how come i can see everything i pick up in the game but gold?! ... so i made a really quick model of some gold and was wondering if Thothie would be willing to implement it into the game for when monsters drop gold it displays the model?

ne ways the gold as it stands so far....

goldscreenrz7.png

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I... don't actually think dopped gold has any model definitions tied to it, so I wouldn't be able to make a model of gold that had dropped...

...However, I could do like what I did with the archer quivers that the various archers now drop from time to time. A temporary chest that spawns with gold in it, or some such, using that model (as opposed to a temporary chest using the quiver model). I'm not sure if it could be setup to work with the current gold drop system or not... But maybe. :\

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
if you manage to make the code compile one day you could attach a model definition to gold..however i like the idea of mbos dropping gold bags

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
If you finish the model, and set me up with it, I'll see what I can do. Remeber it has to orient to the ground, in the same way a dropped chest or quiver would. (ie. world model style) It will also need some sort of collision box to be usable I suspect (again, examine those models - I'm fairly ignorant of the modeling end of things).

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
i jsut use world model of the chest... it should be fairly easy... cause thats one thing i havnt learned XD how do add colision box's im not exactly sure lol...

[edit]
theres actually a problem... and its not the first time iv had it... when i compile it sorta rotates the model on its side... anyone know why?

problemjl9.png

but heres a pic... ne ways till i find out whats wrong or it comes to me... ill be doing a mix of playing oblivion and trying to find out whats wrong...

oh and that little floating red box thing is my best attempt at making a collision box :?

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Send it my way and I'll fix it. You forgot to add in an idle anim, I suspect. My AIM's in my profile.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Only problem I see with it is what Lovecraft was always screaming about "The angles are wrong!" ;)

I know there's an $origin option in the QC - I dunno if there's an $angles

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
He also said Cthulhu was coming when the stars are right...*Checks outside*...Well s***

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
i know i already said that was the only problem with it orochi is supposed to be fixing it.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Make sure he tells you what he did so ya actually benefit some from it. ;)

PS. What's with the 'W's on the coins? (Or are those M's - and if so - do these melt in you mouth?)

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
lol they're "M's" i wasnt sure what else to put on them... so i just thought to my self "master sword/gold " so master swords gold got a M on it... i can change it easy.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Meh, I tried adding $angles 90 0 0 - didn't work. :(

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
see, its not the angels... its something that goes wrong when it compiles... i have a small idea of what might be wrong. when i made the model i exported it as a smd... (the model its self.) then after that i went into a new project and imported the smd for the gold. then i imported the ref smd for the treasure chest so i could rescale and position the model... then i delted all of the treasure chest model and asigned its bones to my model. basically what im thinking is the reason it compiles weird is i imported a smd over a smd and compiled that way... i think i might just have to save it as a model file , start a new project again open the model file. place a joint for position and asign it to the model then just make an idle animation from scratch which should be real easy make the best hit box i can and compile . rather than using something elses animations ect.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I hope Orochi explained to you where you went wrong before you put that ansi dagger into his back. ;)

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Lawl, most misinterpreted message evar. That's supposed a to be a stick figure throwing his hands up in joy, but due to forum formatting, it wouldn't let me type it properly. I had hoped the hyphen wasn't that obtrusive :p

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
\O/
- |
/ \
It looks like he's being held at knife point. :| Poor guy.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
or screaming like a little girl when he saw the bee coming towards him

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'm afraid the attempt to apply the gold model will have to wait till next month's patch, but I did at least get it. Application maybe tricky, we'll have to see. At the very least it could be used for gold-only chests.