FuzNet died

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Fixed...

Pooter rebooted... Then stupid windows asked "Are you sure you want to run Serverdoc.exe?" cuz it was downloaded from the internetz.

Unchecked the "Ask this stupid question again?" box, so it shouldn't do that again.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hrmm... Crap... Can't reach it.

Pokes head out window and screams, "BLLLLLLAAAAAAASTOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Spardis

New Adventurer
Reaction score
So, is FN run off a computer or something which would mean if FN is down, that computer just froze or something?? I guess what im trying to get at, are we gonna have to wait for someone to come along and reboot or will it automatically reset it self at a certain time?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
FN is on a computer. We'll have to wait until Blasto goes home. Normally, problems can be fixed by remote desktop, however some issues stop us from doing that, so we must wait for him.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Is it possible to set up a backup FN server for times like these? If Blasto is asleep or at work and the problem cannot be solved without him, why can't someone else temporarily host FN?

Furthermore, is it even remotely possible to allow us to use our characters when FN dies, even though it won't save our progress? I'd really like to run around in circles and bunny hop right now, but alas... (wishful thinking, I know.)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Not really worth it given how rarely this happens (second time down for more than an hour this year?) I've no server that's been more reliable than Blasto - and that's saying something, as I monitor several dozen. But, alas, power outages happen, ISP's hiccup, computers crash, oil spills, terrorists attack...

FN characters are constantly backed up to an external server daily, though, should Blasto be slain by wild boars.

Would be nice to have more ways to get ahold of Blasto though. >_>

Back when FN went down for long periods more often, I used to keep a server side character copy of FN, but of course, progress there was fruitless, and this sometimes confused people, despite all my signs saying "THIS IS NOT AN FN SERVER" - even when flashing AMX messages every 10 seconds explaining that. ><

Glorfindel

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
So, is FN run off a computer or something

oh don't be ridiculous, FN is basically blasto sitting in a chair updating your chars everytime you accrue XP and items

he goes to the bathroom sometimes.

once or twice a year.

Spardis

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Glorfindel said:
So, is FN run off a computer or something

oh don't be ridiculous, FN is basically blasto sitting in a chair updating your chars everytime you accrue XP and items

he goes to the bathroom sometimes.

once or twice a year.

Well, im not the most computer savy, i figured something like that would be run off of a computer, or a server. When i mean server, i mean some poeple that make money off of people hosting things from their servers....Thats why when i said if its something that will correct its self at a certain point, that company or whatever would reboot or something...Like i said, im mostly likely 100% wrong, but thats my understanding...

EDIT:

If thats true, what does he eat? The bitter tears of people who cant get Nova Blades or Orion Bows after farming the_keep over and over? (me...)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, she's back... Not a peep from Blasto though... Looks like the router got kicked (lost power or was disconnected) from the only message on the deskstop.

Wish Hell's Diner would stop swarming FN with bad password requests. >_>

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
You could always block their IP - would at least save on processing, I think.. Can't remember if I put it before or after the password/other checks.

jon50559

Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
RiP
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Reaction score
FN's down again.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
*pokes*

Yup... Jeeze... Second time this month. :(

jon50559

Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
RiP
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Reaction score
It's back up!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
icon_whip.gif

Second text message did the trick. (Maybe "Da system is down" was too vague.)

Blasto, I know you're all tied up with RL stuff at the moment, but remind your roommate that, everytime he turns that thing off, he robs at least two dozen little boys of what maybe their only drug-free escape from their own reality. Remind him that also, as the news tells us, all drug profits go straight to Al'Queda, and thus, everytime he turns off that system, someone in Afganistan dies.

(Not sure if he's stupid enough to take that argument, but it's worth a shot.) :p

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Heh. Wish WE were cool enough for Blasto's personal number ;-)

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
is the man in black jelous that I gave thothie my personal number?

anyway their shouldn't be anymore downtime on the server for next month the everything has been rearranged. The only thing that might happen to cause it is if the carpets have to be cleaned. speaking of which the carpets have been fixed... well kinda there is a giant seam down the middle of our living room floor becuase of where they cut.

cartman-2000

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
got the connection back to mine, the domain name used has the wrong ip address, using the ip address of the blastnet game server works as it's hosted on the same network/computer fn is hosted on.

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
That's weird. I'll set my server to use the ip instead.

Edit: Done.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
/me stops by between mouthfulls of sushi.

Meh... I guess the server is up but the DNS is down or at least only partly distributing.

Meanwhile...
Swap: blastnet.bounceme.net
For: 69.65.19.116

In your configs and ye should be good, but I dunno if that IP is static.

Blasto says he'll have it going in a few minutes in anycase, so that probably isn't necessary.