FuzNet as of now.

FuzzyFish

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Is back on it's old internet connection. There is still one or two remaining issues with the server itself but they shouldn't affect playability online. But it should be back to how it was before.

Rejoice!

That said if anyone happens to have some more professional hosting available. (For Example: Not out of a house using a residental cable connection, and 10+ year old hardware) I'd gladly shift ownership as I'm running low on money but want it on something reliable.

pimpsta

New Adventurer
God of War
Reaction score
I thought Blasto said he could. I would but I can't yet... I need to find a job then build a new computer and get FIOS!

FuzzyFish

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
MSU Developer
Reaction score
I asked quite awhile ago, and got a maybe. If that's changed and he can do it 24/7 that would be nice.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
well I feel better about my server now that it no longer has that evaluation copy of server 2003.

So to your question I can say yes now.

pimpsta

New Adventurer
God of War
Reaction score
Blasto's server has always been up 24/7 but nobody plays on it very often. I would think it would be better if you take down the server and host FN.
I have been hosting server a lot lately. eventually I will build another computer and host server. I do have a pentium 3 computer sitting on my shelve and doing nothing... if you need my help on FN then I will be happy to step in. My Pentium 4 is capable to host 2 servers at once without a much lag.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
pimpsta said:
Blasto's server has always been up 24/7 but nobody plays on it very often. I would think it would be better if you take down the server and host FN.
I have been hosting server a lot lately. eventually I will build another computer and host server. I do have a pentium 3 computer sitting on my shelve and doing nothing... if you need my help on FN then I will be happy to step in. My Pentium 4 is capable to host 2 servers at once without a much lag.

clearly you haven't been paying close attention to the activity on my server...

activity has gone up almost 100 percent from before, I have 2 to 3 people in it at almost any given time. I have never seen my server so active before. To say my server isn't used much is a serious understatement. :wink:

pimpsta

New Adventurer
God of War
Reaction score
just get a 2nd computer and host the FN on it. :p
I have a U1 that I can use but I need to finish building it.

It is Pentium 4 with 2 processor chip on motherboard.
I don't have the processor for them, hard drive and memory. Probably will cost me 900 dollars to finish building them.

FuzzyFish

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Blasto121 said:
well I feel better about my server now that it no longer has that evaluation copy of server 2003.

If you have gotten everything straightened out then I would be more than willing to hand it over. Unfortunatly I don't have the time that I want to dedicate to this.

Though there are some drawbacks, there were some compatibility issues with HLDS. And a few other issues to work through, but if you are up for it let me know and we can go over what is needed and get thohtie in on it as he is the one responsible for most of the usage of it as I'm rarely around.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
FuzzyFish said:
Blasto121 said:

If you have gotten everything straightened out then I would be more than willing to hand it over. Unfortunatly I don't have the time that I want to dedicate to this.

Though there are some drawbacks, there were some compatibility issues with HLDS. And a few other issues to work through, but if you are up for it let me know and we can go over what is needed and get thohtie in on it as he is the one responsible for most of the usage of it as I'm rarely around.

If I do start hosting the central server I won't be running HLDS anymore, it will be focused on its primary task, with side things like remote login for thothie, and possibly other small tasks that I throw at it considering the central server is less CPU heavy compared to running an MSC server.

The only other thing I can think of that might be good to do is harden to better prevent people from hacking in.

So I am ready to start whenever you are, I have most of today open. Beyond that its rather booked up until next week for really sitting down and getting this to work.

The only question I have will my IP be using the same address as the current one or should I just go ahead and make my own?

FuzzyFish

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Nah I'd keep the I'll let you use cboat.mine.nu until you decide to drop it.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Do I see a BlastoNet in the future? :wink:

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
haha.