ModRG FuzNet Access

Snapman

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ive already been given the requirements needed by the administrators on what i need to do in order to gain FuzNet access for my servers. This message is meant more for the remaining community.

Name's Snapman, new to the master sword community scene, but an old timer when it comes to the vast selection of HL1 modifications. A friend and I recently created a half-life 1 mod dedicated gaming community titled ModRiotGaming. We have MS:C on the top of the list for mods to support, which would be possible from 2 locations (california & seattle), though hosting a server for this modification is pointless without connection to the FN network. Its clear that the community as a whole would really benefit from these additions. Hopefully if there's enough community backing, the FN operators will cut us a break and lax up on it's rules. Currently with only 1 operating server located in Cali, we're flooded with join/parts all day long due to the lack of FN access, seems westcoast hosted servers are what the people want.

Dark Fox

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Warriors of the North
DarkTide
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I don't see any problem in why you shouldn't get FN access for your servers.

Always a good thing to have more servers, and I think some american people would like it since I've seen some with 70-100 ping on our current american servers.

Snapman

New Adventurer
Reaction score
With both central California and Seattle covered, we'd have complete coverage of the entire west coast along with a majority of the mid-western states. Something to mention, since w/o FN access a server is bascially worthless, if no progress is made within about 2 weeks, ill have no other choice but to remove Master Sword Continued from our supported mods list and take down the servers.

MS:C community

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
My advice: Until you receive the [FN] pass, shut down the server. That way you can save money.
There's no telling when Thothie will have time to grant you the password. It may very well be within two weeks but then again it may not be.

Personally I would prefer it if you don't give up on MS:C.

Snapman

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Personally i would hate to give it up, but according to thothie i need to become "a active member of the forum and the fn network". Simple enough yes, but when i'm tasked to maintain a presence within multiple mod communities in an attempt organize and coordinate support for a substantial list of modifications and their community members, my time can be somewhat limited for any one mod.

I really do like this mod, and i would like to support it. That's pretty much sums it up, if my support is not wanted then so be it.

Reimu

New Adventurer
Reaction score
It seems like you have struggled through weeks right now trying to get FN on your server. Which is kind of unfortunate.

I have no experience within this topic.. so the process might be more complicated than i think it is. I find very it generous of you guys in ModRiotGaming. Hosting this many different server can't be too cheap in a long run.

"a active member of the forum and the fn network".

Trying to figure out why it's necessary for you to be a active person, and i'm not even sure what they meant with "FN network" (maybe active ingame). It could possibly be that you have to update your server manually once new patches comes but i doubt even that would be a problem. While i'm at it, i find this Anitalink.com server a bit funny that it's years behind in updates.

If we have to start some sort of petition you can count me in.

*EDIT: Changed how behind Anitalink server is in updates.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Sorry, sorry...

Meh, I've just been really sick, and not at home as a result... Not to make folks panic, but I have told someone to post a prefab here (with msc core materials), should I drop off. Ya'll gotta remember - I'm old - nevermind the considerable mileage.

In anycase, sorry about that. Ya came in here with no post history, and yer first entry is askin for the FN password, and I've not seen nor heard of ye, so I got all suspicious. Seeing as you do actually seem to be hosting a whole slew of HL1 games semi-professionally, have at it, by all means.

You'd be amazed how often someone gets rolled back or banned on FN, creates a new forum account, and then has the gall to ask for the FN password, straight out. You, apparently, posted from the same city as one such individual, so I thought he was at it again.

(...also you never gave your Steam ID, despite request, which is one hell of a red flag.)

In anycase, you'll have something in your PM box in a few minutes, if I don't keel over meantime.

Snapman

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thank you for the quick reply, sorry to hear about the health issues, got plenty of those myself at the ripe ol' age of 27 (with the body of a 65yo). Yea i was sorta hoping you would check into the url that's placed at the end of the server name. All the pertinent information could be found there concerning my intentions.