FN servers with passwords?

UnknownUser

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i see 2 servers say FN on it and it gots passwords, and yester day i could join 1 of them without password. today i join it and too guys was in it and they kicked me and then put a password on it was percinices server or something. is all FN servers getting passwords?

Pernicious-Noto

New Adventurer
Reaction score
UnknownUser said:
i see 2 servers say FN on it and it gots passwords, and yester day i could join 1 of them without password. today i join it and too guys was in it and they kicked me and then put a password on it was percinices server or something. is all FN servers getting passwords?

Hello I am the owner of the Pernicious server, the reason it was passworded is due to the fact that many level 25+ people came into the server and were stealing our spawns and killing the boss of the map and then trying to get the server to change the map. We are also working out a few bugs but they seem to be most gone. I have to put a password up because I'm sick of the majority of the people who come in and kill the boss, take the spawns, disrespect me and my friend, and try to get us to change the map to a map where they can level and we (And we are level 4-15) can't survive. One person came in trying to crash the server by spawning a million rats. I will be releasing the password to people I feel I can trust. And due to the fact that I can't always be in the server I will not leave it up 24/7 as I planned. If you are around level 10-15 and would like to level with us, shoot me a PM and I will give you the password. If I find the password has been leaked and other people I did not give the password to, i'm changing the password and keeping the server for me and my 3 other friends. I'm sorry for the people who want to play fair and level up, but you can thank the idiots that came into the server and ruined it for the majority.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
well, you can put a password on your server if you want...some people do when they want to level up a bit, or when they just want to be alone...i hope my recent moddb news post will get us a dedicated server or two :\

Pernicious-Noto

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I don't mind releasing it to public but as I said, some people just feel the need to bug noobies and try to crash the server and what not.

Pernicious-Noto

New Adventurer
Reaction score
not the level that bothers me, if you want to come in and level your lower skills, hey, I have no problem with that. It's the higher levels which come in to kill the boss grab the loot and try to get the server to change to a different level. By the way, is FN down?....

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
i believe it is...and my only low-ish skill is martial arts...i normally just run around doing random stuff though...

one of my favortie activities is as follows :D

1) pull rare item out of bag
2) show off rare item to others
3) stand by large pit/chasm
4) throw item into large pit/chasm
5) watch, and enjoy. (people tend to jump after it)

UnknownUser

New Adventurer
Reaction score
well im Blue_Dragon and i need to train cuz my highest skill is 5 axe and i can't get any training done cuz all servers seems to have passwords.
but i understand your problem so i don't care if you got password. just trying to find a server to train.

Pernicious-Noto

New Adventurer
Reaction score
password is 123 once you come in I will tell you new password. both of you can come in.

toook server down until FN goes up.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Seems to be up... Although no one's heartbeating the 5711 server ATM - I'll get a closer look at it when I get the chance.

edit: Yes it is up.

Current consensus is, yes, you can password an [FN] server if you choose. It's frowned on, but I entirely understand only wanting to play with certain people.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Who was this dude who tried to crash your server by spawning a million rats? You should always report lamers. Especially if they try to mess up your server more than once.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Pernicious-Noto said:
UnknownUser said:

Hello I am the owner of the Pernicious server, the reason it was passworded is due to the fact that many level 25+ people came into the server and were stealing our spawns and killing the boss of the map and then trying to get the server to change the map. We are also working out a few bugs but they seem to be most gone. I have to put a password up because I'm sick of the majority of the people who come in and kill the boss, take the spawns, disrespect me and my friend, and try to get us to change the map to a map where they can level and we (And we are level 4-15) can't survive. One person came in trying to crash the server by spawning a million rats. I will be releasing the password to people I feel I can trust. And due to the fact that I can't always be in the server I will not leave it up 24/7 as I planned. If you are around level 10-15 and would like to level with us, shoot me a PM and I will give you the password. If I find the password has been leaked and other people I did not give the password to, i'm changing the password and keeping the server for me and my 3 other friends. I'm sorry for the people who want to play fair and level up, but you can thank the idiots that came into the server and ruined it for the majority.

Error!! Error!!! System malfunction! Danger Will Robinson family, Danger!

Okay, now that that's *mostly* out of my system, allow me to read this properly....

Somebody was spawning like one-million rats on your server??? How!! Do you have monster-spawner plugins & that such??

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
You can only spawn 10 summoned pets (rats or skelles) total under the current patch (or rather, been true since June or so.)

If he's playing with raw MSC 1.0 and no betapatch, I dun think there's a cap on the spawns, and it's quite easy to lag the server then. Granted, if that's the issue here, whoever tried it lost all their beta-items in their effort to piss him off.