Favorite Map

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The ruins of Aleyesu, which is entirely external to the lore, along with Keledros himself, are, by Rickler's intent, Loreldian in origin. The architecture is far beyond that of any human invention, and far too indelicate to be of elven make, although their proximity to the elven empire would otherwise make them prime candidates for their credit. We are assuming a bizarre crescent to the desert that places Alyesu within Aluhandra's bounds, but there's no direct connection to Shadahar's palace itself. Aluhandra2 gained its connection to Aleyesu only due to the consistency in mapping styles - all three maps (Aleyesu, Aluhandra2, Shad_Palace) being of Rickler's making.

The Bloodrose valley, and the mountains that form it, precludes any surface crossing from east to west, without passing through the Eswen Empire, or traveling through the inhospitable cold of the far north. The only other way to cross being underground, through the Dwarven empire, and all the perils of the underworld (or now, through Melanion).

The humans are more adventurous settlers than any of the other races, and have been, for the most part, the most populous of the enlightened races (if the shortest lived), and as such they have settlements everywhere, but their kingdom has always been restricted to the east and south. It'd be impossible to maintain a kingdom cut in half in such a fashion, with no western access to the sea. Nor would the elven kingdom have tolerated being surrounded on three sides during the height of its reign, having, instead, constrained the humans to a sliver of the east coast and the southern forests during that time (much to their later regret, in the case of the south). As such, the more spectacular ruins scattered throughout Aluhandra are likely Loreldian in origin - they being the only race to have ever dominated the entire continent.

...as for sand dunes being used as vis blockers, it does not work very well - the sand-topped cliffs you see used in the current desert maps is about as close as you can come to it within reason, given the space to work with and the fact that said dunes have to touch the sky in order to block vis. The rolling plains of sand dunes, seen in traditional deserts, are more or less out.

TheOysterHippopotami said:
Edit: I'll also take this opportunity to ask... what the hell is Wicardoven anyway? And how do you even pronounce it? Is it original lore by lanethan or just a random map that was made? Or something in between?
It was originally the keep, hosted by Lord Calrian, before his fall, that guarded over the honored dead stored within the Halls of Carthaine, both of which were partially buried by quakes, of magical origin, during The Age of Blood. I do not have a pronunciation key for it, but given the lore mish-mash, it is assumed it was formally the Castle of Carthaine, and is now "Wick-Ard-Oven", as in wicked oven - where evil "rises". ;)

jack hawkins

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
gee thanks for the history lesson guys, didn't know that ms:c was so well thought out.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Too bad the game itself its no so well tought, I mean god, its like rolling a glue ball on the ground and so it gets watherver the hell is on the ground added to the ball.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Which is, oddly enough, the point I was trying to make about the lore and geography. ;)

MSC is just a big glue ball. We'll see what sticks.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Really? You're going to compare MS:C to a giant ball of glue and not, say,

A NAAAAAAAAAAA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA
katamari-damacy-20040918111436789.jpg
KATAMARI DAMACY

Bordoga

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Gorynych said:
I had one of those when I was a kiddo'. Needless to say, If I looked at it today, it'd scare the Sh!~ Out of me...It vibrates...

So Gorynych's personal usage? xD

Just kidding ;)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
damacy.jpg

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I always thought they were arguing over how to divide the dining bill.

Gorynych

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Clearly the left side had more to eat than the right side, And I'm assume Jesus only had the wine...I mean Water...

:EDIT: WAIT A MINUTE, THIS ISN'T JESUS, THIS IS A FRAUD - WHERE'S HIS BEARD?!