Crashing everytime.

Jokerzwild420

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i try and try and try to run bloodrose. i get to flesh eater and server crashes 2/2 times. server crashes on other maps i have played aswell its like after 20mins of having played on a server it crashes everytime..anyone else having same issue ? is there a way i might be able to fix it somehow ? helpp plzz. really pissin me off >.>

edit: so i played bloodrose 1 more time . n it seems like the server crashes once flesh eater dies for the second time. I THINK.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
You're playing on-line with the latest patch (APR2012)? Cuz I swore I fixed this... I did completely re-write that damned script not so long ago...

If it's still crashing, it must not be Flesheater or Slithar, but something outside of him that's happening when he croaks. :\

Jokerzwild420

New Adventurer
Reaction score
ya i got the april update. idk i just know it makes me sad :[ but i am glad i brought a bug to attention =D i feel useful lol

CmdrQuartz

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hmm I had a crash fighting flesheater too and I had been whittling him down for a while. I also randomly died while fighting him, had about 100 hp about to run and drink a potion and then just died. No damage report from flesheater, just suddenly dead

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Assuming it doesn't happen repeatedly, I'd chalk that death up to a lag spike, but I've had so many reports of Flesheater crashing in the past, that I gotta do something if it's still happening - I've just not had any luck duplicating the issue, and again, I did re-write that bastard... So it's not something within his script. :\

I can't think of anything complex he does on death, other than inform Slithar that he got pwned.

CmdrQuartz

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Does the flesheater deal any sort of damage when he dies the first time? because when I died I thought I saw his head hit the floor too, other than that I probably won't be going back anyways because it's too much work mowing down all the undead sent at you before reaching his room. I seriously wondered if they would ever end...

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Enemies that "die" more than one time tend to reflect damage upon their fake death.

EDIT: By fake death, I mean the enemy falls over, pretending to be dead, but you don't get a kill notification.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Oh look Keldorn posted, this thread is worth being a sticky now. :oldlol:

If the flesh eater crashes when it actually dies (2nd time it goes down), perhaps the reason it might be crashing is the item drops? I just did a run for testing, it dies when someone deals the final blow on the thing, flesh eater doesnt get to die before it crashes actually... infact he still stands.

It's either the death animation, the loot spawning or fail communication between both npcs which leads to a crash. I think these are the only things that occur when the flesh eater dies... so it's likely to be any of these unless i'm missing something.

Charles445

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hi, this is a necro but it's a relevant necro.
Madking (Jewfro) and I have tried to run bloodrose twice now.
It has crashed every single time on the Flesh Easter. Big green. Crashes a while after first fake death. Exactly what's being said here.

Seems like the bug is still around!

Also, on a semi-related note (crashing during bosses) this happened a few minutes ago (after about 2 hours of solo-ing the map)
http://i.imgur.com/dgEvy.png
This was on my first run of the map too :( , crashing has no mercy on a solo-er I guess

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Yeah bear gods sometimes randomly crashes on the boss arena... Bloodrose crashing is still around too, probably best way to fix it is to remove the damn thing entirely and update the map with something new. It's about time some of the older maps get updates anyways, be it new enemies/loot/secrets/quests, i guess they are welcome...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The bug is still around, because there hasn't been a patch since April. So, if the bug exited in July, one should assume it still exists now. :/

Charles445

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
The bug is still around, because there hasn't been a patch since April. So, if the bug exited in July, one should assume it still exists now. :/

Oh, right.

Charles445

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hello! Madking and I tried running bloodrose again. We still crashed on Flesh Eater at the exact same spot. Crashes after fighting a bit after first fake death.
http://puu.sh/2XxGw.jpg

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
i'm still wondering why that thing hasn't been removed or replaced entirelly by now...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
zeus9860 said:
i'm still wondering why that thing hasn't been removed or replaced entirelly by now...
IIRC, I pretty much did that, by erasing him and re-writing the script from scratch... Then I was told it was working... And now... Blarg... It's not the boss itself, but something that happens on the map then, but gods if I can figure what. I've never been able to duplicate the issue myself.

Charles445

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Is there anyway way to watch the scripts of the map while it's running? Or perhaps have a crash log with information?
If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The log_cldll.log and log_msdll.log text files might have some info as to what's going on. The debug system eats a lot of overhead, and is thus disabled in public builds, so a lot of the console messages are obscured - plus they'd likely be server side. You can use the "condump" console command to dump what console debugging info you do have to a text file in your root msc folder. If it's a precache issue, it may come up there, whether you're server or client side - feel free to post up results here.