class titles

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I cloud, maybe, undo that - but I suspect several class titles would vanish.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I like my title as Shield Warrior! It means, I am a human shield; I have been bitch-smacked by many-a-calrian in my day!!

Also, if you mess with the parry skill affecting titles, what'll happen to the Wizard title? That'll get screwed up without parry, which means my second char loses his title :(

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Yeah, Fencer is pretty nub :O

But maybe you can set up an option so people can choose to turn it off or not. If not, just get rid of them :)

Iselore

New Adventurer
Reaction score
It's like everyone is a shield warrior or shield-something...

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
So then... perhaps the titles should be edited? Made to vary a little bit more...

Like a blunt+parry can be an Elite Macemen or something :)

Swordsmanship+Parry could be something along the lines of Shield Warrior (to keep the title from dieing entirely)

and others along those lines... no matter what though, parry MUST stay in affect of the class title! If it goes away, my wizard title reverts to Archer Arcana!! It is cool, yea, but I like Wizard more! :D

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Netrogor said:
So then... perhaps the titles should be edited? Made to vary a little bit more...

Swordsmanship+Parry could be something along the lines of Shield Warrior (to keep the title from dieing entirely)

and others along those lines... no matter what though, parry MUST stay in affect of the class title! If it goes away, my wizard title reverts to Archer Arcana!! It is cool, yea, but I like Wizard more! :D

....The Wizard title doesn't have to disappear, Thothie could make it (I'm pretty sure) so that if your SC is 15+ or something then you have Wizard. I'm pretty sure he can do that, but I hate being a fencer, and there's no way in hell that I'm going to be a Shield Warrior >_>

Oedipus

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
maybe make a way that takes top 3 stats and you can toggle title between any of the 3 outcomes

top 3 skills parry spell casting and axe means a choice of
parry and sc
parry and axe
sc and axe
just an idea

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I was thinking about that, but how would you toggle? The only way I can think of is with a GUI and GUIs are annoying to program and considering how little would be on this GUI, it would kinda look like crap =\

Now that I think of it though, a meny like the f12 one wouldn't be too bad >_>

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
the main problem isn't the names of the parry-titles...its that EVERYONE and thier grandma had a parry related title...either remove them, or make people train parry by using a shield - or better, by actually trying to parry with sword/axe/dagger/etc

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
Netrogor said:

....The Wizard title doesn't have to disappear, Thothie could make it (I'm pretty sure) so that if your SC is 15+ or something then you have Wizard. I'm pretty sure he can do that, but I hate being a fencer, and there's no way in hell that I'm going to be a Shield Warrior >_>

Then what will happen to Archer Arcana, huh!!!?? I actually like that title (Archery + SC)... if you make SC solo itself as a title at 15+ it'll be ruined!

Now, here's my brilliant idea concerning titles:
Make NPC trainers who grant the titles to you, based on two skills of at least levels amounting to 10. You could make this very expensive, if you wanted to. Once you bought/trained to your title, it could grant you a decent bonus in it's concerned field of weapons.

So like, a Shield Warrior (Blunt+Parry) could be especially adept at using BluntArms & Parrying skills.

You could make it so that you could buy/train the title up seperately for its bonus too!! It would be similar to Might & Magic IX, except that you wouldn't HAVE to do that to gain levels, only to gain a bonus to certain weapons.

I.E.-
Level 10 Blunt+Parry, Buy Level 1 ShieldWarrior Title:
5+ Dmg With Any Bluntarm and 2% Higher Chance To Parry.
Level 11 Blunt+Parry, Buy Level 2 ShieldWarrior Title:
8-10+ Dmg With Any Bluntarm and 3-5% Higher Chance To Parry.
Or you could do like...
Level 10 Blunt+Parry, Buy Level 1 ShieldWarrior Title:
+5 Dmg With Bluntarms, 2% Additional Chance to Parry.
Level 12 Blunt+Parry, Buy Level 2 ShieldWarrior Title:
+10 Dmg With Bluntarms, 4% Additional Chance to Parry.
and so forth, to make people gain like a level or two in two skills to buy another lvl in title.... and you could make the title cost 2,500-to-10,000 per lvl to buy.

You all see where I'm coming from? This would be an AWESOME system if it could be integrated!!!!

EDIT:
Corrected spelling mistakes I noticed immediately after posting :D

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Thank-you :)
Thothie will you please post on this idea? Since this would be a task only you are capable of taking on, and completing within a reasonable time (since other people could take five years to do this... I won't say any names *cough*Quake coders and their like*cough*)......

I think, should this be incorporated, it would be... quite simply... awesome. That's all I can say, this just came out of the blue to me to suggest; and this type of idea would be AWESOME! It would put MUCH more meaning to people's titles, and give other players a much better idea on just how powerful that person is (since it is inevitable for a high level title person to be stronger than a low-level/no-title person).

Also, a new title could be added (even for current set skills).... one that involves ALL skills...

Like, Elder, or something simple like that; to expain that the holder of the title is a true veteran on MSC, who is powerful in all areas of skills. It could require each skill being at 20+ and within two levels of eachother (except parry, which would only need to be 20+... once you have it that high it generally raises on its own pretty damn fast though... God, I wish spellcasting would rise like parry does as it gets higher!).

bluezerosix7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i just want to be a berzerker again: maybe using net's concepts berzerker would get berzerkergang power! fast and powerful but no armor defenses XD

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Think I'm more or less booked full for tasks list to be done by December. I've not even looked into the code end of the title calculator. Suspect may not be so easy to alter.

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I say that the titles should be personally edited as you please... IF you are high enough leveled... like once you hit a certain level you can edit your title... i.e. nooby mcnoobiekins has his title as what the game decides till he's level 20+ then he can decide to put his own title like the one from his guild or some random roleplaying title that he made up

(random idea, you don't need to take heed)

I am sure it has already been said before but the problem doesn't lie in the titles being affected by parry. The problem is the titles need better names so when people look at their title they don't think "I am a *sigh* shield warrior" I honestly don't care that much but if it matters to some people maybe "shield warrior" should be changed to something cooler...

(here comes another crappy idea)

I don't even remember how the titles are done in Gauntlet Legends... but you get "Champion" and eventually "Legend" when you're 99 or something.... I forget what the earlier ones are... but I recall they weren't too bad... bah, someone research for me

bluezerosix7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i think people are just sick of everyone seeing what their best skill is (being that your title becomes parry+___). thugs and shield warriors are easily over 50% of the gaming realm. go figure why. oh and so as not to offend, there are a few fencers.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I probably shouldnt mention the idea I was fiddling with in my head, since I'm not sure if it's possible or not... But I was thinking of extending the underkeep Arena to include a training area (in addition to the firelizard of dewm area).

Idea you'd pay some cash, and if you were high enough level in the skill you were attempting to master, get a ticket to see the trainer. You'd have to defeat the trainer, using the appriate skill, to gain that skill title. You could defeat multiple trainers to get combo skill titles.

Again, just an idear, not even sure if at all applicable.

bluezerosix7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
taggin on to Thothie's idea of earning your titles in a payed arena:

1) different requirements for each type of weapon:
-swords require some swiftness and some power
-MA and SA require speed over power
-Axe+Blunt require a feat of power (like must make X dmg in 10 hits)
-archery requires aiming feat
-make wizardry something to be respected over all, requiring power, speed, and possibly some sort of intelligence of game lore

2) every title is available to an adventurer from start, but costs and completing feats limit a 100hp 100mana player from getting awesome title.
3) only allow 1 person in fighting area at once, but allow for a big spectation area (coliseum set-up).
4) make it off of either Edana or uptown Deralia (since its not even done yet).
5) limit access to weapons (maybe can carry if able but not able to use) due to player title.
6) dont let people be able to use mass weapons to get high player hp and mana (limit to 2 or 3 weapon types, possibly?)

just puting ideas out there because thats all im good for!

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I kind of like the current system of the game choosing your title for you...

like it has probably been said before, if only parry didn't tag on stupid names
though "fencer" isn't too bad and I can't think of any really bad ones

Maybe high enough parry can add a prefix or suffix of some sort

i.e "Sturdy Swordsman, Swordsman Adept, Swordfighter?"

Hell, I don't even know where i'm going with this anymore... we should just get better names for skill+parry titles "Bare Handed Shield"!?
last time i checked bare hands didn't make very good shields...

meh, i have hw i should be doing