Character Reset?

Should the characters be reset in the final '1.01' patch?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Don't care

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lssj8

New Adventurer
Reaction score
thats means its gonna take so long to lvl magic and its too hard to find the ice spell not blizzard

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
This is gettin ugly. ;)

46%/47% and 6% Ralph Nader votes

...either way you go, you're going to piss off half the community. 8)

lssj8

New Adventurer
Reaction score
well i voted no bcause all the hard work i putted into my charecter so if we reset everything that would suck.

Wolfhound

New Adventurer
Reaction score
That's a pretty selfish reason. I bet most of the people voting yes put a lot of hard work in their character. I know I did, yet I want it reset because someone just getting into ms:c after the new patch that fixes all these exploits and stuff have a harder time getting started than you, especially if everyone in the servers they join wants to go to the higher level maps. I know you'll say you didn't use exploits, but you did whether you intended to or not. Unless you're going to tell me you never killed a walking ashes in the ceiling in thornlands to get that chest that spawns, or that you never killed an enemy that couldnt' fight back (such as a the largest scorpions, or timidus textor).

What's more, I voted yes despite the fact that I put a lot of work into it, and college starts back up in a week, meaning I won't have time to build it back up to where it is now. It might take me months of using the little time I'd have free (unless I use my time very irresponsibly) to build up my character to the level it's at now. Yet I'm still voting for a reset because it IS the best thing to do for this game.

Undamael

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i voted no aswell... many people spent whole days playing...yesyes i know...quite alot but still...

commandfox

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Although i originally voted no in the poll, i think i might have misjudged the situation. Atm you see alot of people with alot of rare items because of the money bug, ess 100% spawn and other good weapons havin the same spawn bug... Because of this it has been easier to up the skills and such and as a result a character wipe would really balance the playing field

And for those of you who think im sayin because you think i hvnt worked hard for my character think, well i have 350 hp

Undamael

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i still think we shouldt reset but maybe merely make an item and money wipe?

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I don't think the problem either money nor items... I think the huge amount of XP gained by exploits IS the real problem. And as commandFox said, it was too easy to lv up when we find something like a great maul or elvenSS so easily. I'm absulutely FOR char reset and btw my char is about 350 too. I don't mind restarting over, that's what I find more fun. Maybe they should include some minimal requirements for some items but that may be hard to do.

Wolfhound

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I don't see why it would be hard to do, there's minimum requirements for spells.

The fact is, if the characters would be reset now, people would be back to their current level in a week or two. That's not a long time. Come on people, it's not like you've been developing these characters for a significant amount of time yet.

Iselore

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Vote yes as it be more fun. People will play to lvl their char again and I guess now people have already explored everything and are high level so why not just start again?

lssj8

New Adventurer
Reaction score
for the ppl who voted yes why can't they stat a new account and delet there old 1 then
plus i play on lan with my brother and i don't play online

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Well that would be stupid. Then all the other people would have an advantage.

I would keep my character if there is no reset. But I recomend a reset. It would make a much fresher less exploited start. Even I exploited, I admit. I did the money glitch once as money was hard to come by then (Broken quests etc.).

A fresh start would do me nicely. I'd start off with a more HP giving weapon.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
im using FN...and i got a nice character there...if i was using clientside id just cheat...to become what i was earlier.

Ewok

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I'm disapointed so many people say no. Apparently quality isn't a issue with most people. Mainly because they too selfish and worked to hard on their chars. When does fun come into it? Or the actual experience you get when playing the game? Isn't that the whole point of leveling a char?

And the crappy excuse, "people will find exploits anyways" is pathetic. Because we all know that has been reduced to a large degree now and will further be reduced in the official 1.01. People may find new exploits, but unless they can edit the game, npc's etc... you can't make an exploit out of nothing. So the more things that are being fixed now, the more exploit free the game will be tomorrow.

This topic is Character Reset, that means everything. So please don't post, my items and money but not my stats, you're just wasting forum space.

- Ewok

HomestarR

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
lssj8 said:
for the ppl who voted yes why can't they stat a new account and delet there old 1 then

What accounts?

Where did people get the idea that it is even POSSIBLE to get rid of items only? Devs, do you have the ability to mass open character files and remove only items while keeping the character intact for the most part? Or would that require more work than it is worth (ex. playing every character in-game to drop all items)

****edit****

haha ewok posted the answer as I was typing the question.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
That's the third person who (for whatever reason) voted 'no' and wants his vote to be 'yes' (finally), so actually, it's not
Yes: 33
No: 34

But it's
Yes: 36
No: 31

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Yeah, Ewok, after reading the whole topic I noticed how there were three (-=Night Goul=- is number four) people who said they would like to change their vote to no, so eh... yeah, I can keep track :p

Status
Not open for further replies.