Char level

bluezerosix7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
this is mostly me "chattering", just wondering if anyone else concurs, not necessarily trying to change the game!

does anyone else seem to be bothered by someone who is like level 30 but has say 300 hp? i dont know... i know ive mentioned this somewhere before but if where it says "level ## <title>" wouldnt a numeric level of hp+mana be more effective in determining a character's power? you could still have titles, but i think a 645 shield warrior is a more impressive than a 27 shield warrior, in my case. either that or something like a level 27 shield warrior + <insert total # of levels attained>.

Tao

New Adventurer
Reaction score
You have some serious problems, seriously.

bluezerosix7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
what im saying is that the differences between characters of the same level are dramatic. a character's level should increase with skill, but a level only glorifies the character's top two traits. for example:

-schmuck 1 has level 20 everything, but his parry is somewhere around 35, so his level is 28.
-scmuck 2 has level 27 sword and level 29 parry, everything else is >10, so his level is 28.

these characters appear identical, but obviously char#1 is leaps and bounds over char 2. if a character's level was something like hp+mana (a much better tribute to a character's ability), itd make more sense.

don't forget this is the "chatter" area of the forums =P

Hellious

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I think you're correct, it's a bit unbalanced how someone could have the same titled level as yourself, but have dramatic differences with the HP and MP

.....either you guys dont like constructive criticism for a game you didn't make, or you didn't read his post properly because he makes a good point

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Now lets say the guy with lvl 27 swords hits much more often, does much more damage (as he will), and gets into a PvP with the lvl 20 skills guy. If the lvl 20 guy doesn't hit as much, as fast, and as hard as the lvl 27 skill guy; lvl 20 drops dead really fast. Especially if so-said lvl 27 swordsmanship guy has a greater/normal iceblade.

I don't wanna really get into this right now though... since I have lvl 23 blunt & swords, lvl 20 axe & smallarms, 16 or 17 MA, 17 archery, 12 or 13 SC, and 36 or so parry... I am content with my skills for now... albeit I'd love to get MA & Archery to 20+ as well (which I will go to work on right now) :D

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, there's damage output as well as what he can take to put into the forumula...

A level 50 archer - with no other skills - pretty much one-hit kills all non-boss mons with Jagged Arrows... But he only has about 125hp.

A character with straight 10's on all his stats, has about the same number of total levels, and has more HP, but doesn't do nearly as much damage.

This is why most scripts gauge a players formidability by HP, rather than skills.

Hopefully we'll have a new title system down the line, certainly more than enough ideas in the melting pot on that.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Net, if you want to try to take everything into account, the first guy's SC would be enough to kill the other guy if he knew how to use it. We're talking about sheer thoughness, not pvp, and don't hijack threads just to talk about your own character. I'm sure there's something in the workds to change the title system, as everyone knows it's flaws in representation. (damn you parry!!!) I agree with the guys point, a person with any level with the title Adventurer, is gonna be bounds above anyone of the same level. Same thing with anyone who has all skills close to hit top ones.

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Err, Net isn't hijacking anything. He's talking about what you're talking about. Cool your jets.

I think you should be able to choose stances. Say you're wielding an axe. You can choose between Balanced and Focus. Balanced splits the experience evenly between Axe Mastery/wielding and parry. While in Focus, you cannot parry and you're substantially more accurate.

This allows you to mould your character in a way, because it means that your title isn't always based on parry unless you want it to be.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Yea, well elfstone, if you'd read what I posted there... you'd realize I used my own characters as examples. One character has all skills (excluding parry & SC) at 18-23, and the other has all at 13 with SC at 14 & parry something higher.... Those ar examples of well-rounded characters... therefore going along with your thread; nooba-la-tet :D

Anyways, I know a lvl 10 SC/Wizard user could dominate over a lvl 20 swords/shieldwarrior... so long as both class types were dedicated to the one skill line :D

I say that because Ice Shield, boom! Lvl 20 swords might as well be 10. Game over for the sword user since the SC user won't lose stamina as he fights, allowing for him to back off easily & run circles around the swordsmen :D