Cant See Characters....

CaMul

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I got the mod 5 days ago and it installed fine. I started a new charactar on my own LAN server and played. After playing, i exit, and go back into it. When i get into the same server, i cant see my charictar in the select. I restart the game, and then i can see it. I start a new, and the first doesnt show up in the select. :( . Also, when i change maps in the game, the charictars dont show up at all. I downloaded the latest version and have got the betapack.

Can anyone help me out?

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
You should play in [FN] servers so your chars safe in the FN network, since you can't play online with your LAN chars.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
But other than that, someone should really put a manual on "how to play, using a LAN server" up, and sticky it. :roll:

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The best thing to do would be to go into your userconfig.cfg, and type
Code:
name Adventurer
Unless you changed your name from "Adventurer" before making your character.

Y'see, LAN characters are based on your name, not your steamID, and store thusly. This makes it a pain in the ass to have multiple-named characters on LAN.

So, all you have to do is go back into the game, and change your name back to whatever it was BEFORE YOU MADE YOUR CHARACTER. This is, usually, Adventurer, because that's the name you're given default. If you go into your userconfig.cfg and copy and paste that code up thar, you should have no problems.