Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
:arrow: = Working on it, :?: = wtf/unconfirmed, :idea: = fixed next release

Known issues
MAJOR
:arrow: Still getting No Free Edict Errors
- While, the relights in Calruin2 and ms_wicardoven helped a LOT, and some other stabs have been made at this, I expect you'll still be seeing more than enough of this type of server crash.
- Some stabs have been made at this on a case-by-base basis, but we've still no universal edict trackers.
- Using "-num_edicts 4096" in the HLDS switches, and having the server restart when it is empty ("ms_reset_if_empty 1" in server.cfg), combined with giving another minute or two leeway for restarts seems to help alleviate this problem quite a bit, if not eliminate it.

Minor
:?: admin_gag only works on certain players
:idea: New message started when msg '91' has not been sent yet
- Occasional crash when FN connection resumes
:idea: Missing models/nimble/xxxx.mdl error when hosting smugglers_cove
- Missing models yonder: http://www.thothie.com/msc_dev3/crow_models.rar

Aesthetic
:?: Parry gained skill notice still fires (although Parry remains capped)
:idea: Speaker icon in upper left corner
- This is the FN connection status icon. It r not working right. :/
:?: Bludgeon Hammer hits with wrong side in third person
- Suspect another case of "Your other left"
:idea: Felewyn ring client light wont remove in third person in multiplayer
- There's something fundamentally wrong with "clientevent remove all"
:arrow: 1h Axes cause shield or axe in other hand to “double submodel”
:arrow: 2h Axe swing anims suck

Ancient/Perpetual
Known Ancient bugs:
- Become invisible when putting on armor (armor display bug work around, type 'vis' in console)
- All entities invisible bug (type kill in console to cure).
- Lights/sprites not going away / sticking to other objects (Sticky client-side effects)
- Occasionally a weapon/spell will stop doing damage until it is unequipped then re-equipped.
:idea: Occasional scrambled inventory: wearing potions/scrolls, etc. Usually caused by clicking on a character multiple times before load.
- Can't use charge attack in laggy conditions. (Work around: use +special or +uber)
- Sitting animation bugs (sometimes saves to character for awhile)
- All water sometimes goes white (texture stretch bug, restart)
:idea: Mod_ExtraData Cacheing Failed: Listen servers must start on Edana, from there you can changelevel anywhere you want. (Valve apparently fixed this.)
- Typing issues in chat. Especially with European keyboards.
- Prices over 32k register as negative on client.
- Health/mana indicator madness (see yonder)
- Small sack holds stuff it should not.
- Bank freaks if you have more than one of the ticket or item you are trying to trade
:arrow: Armor display bugs involving Gladiator and AoB. (Need new armor display sys)
- Max view distance not consistent between listenservers host and clients. (Nor at all on dedicated servers)
- Double attack bug, most prominant with xbows
- All tomahawks appear as fire tomahawks in third person

Also Not liable to go away soon:
- Some monsters still capable of some acts while frozen (jumping, etc.)
- Orion Bow jamming sometimes, (I've no idea how to fix this without dropping the whole charged weapon concept.)
- Jumping from server to server without closing HL screws with FN functionality (solution: Close half-life before joining another game.)

• Admin

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
PS. I can't un-stickie the MAY2008a bug reports for some reason. :\

I'm not really sure if current patch and bug reports need their own section. Seems bug reports should be in "Troubleshooting" so folks can see if a bug they encounter is known, and that the betapack discussion thread was fine as a sticky in General mod discussion.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
idk thothie, i kinda like this that way you can see each update seperately and its a little more organized and easyier to find.

Grunt

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Does this mean... You're working on the 3rd person armor bug? (The one that shows the pants sticking out of the armor and other things.)

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
admin_gag is broked.

It shows muted chat, but the player can communicate normally.

• Admin

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Been that way since its inception - it allows you to mute some players and not others - never could figure why.

vecraude

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
It seems that after the update I cant play more than 2 minutes without a sudden crash and I end up back at my desktop, any ideas? x.x

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Damaging monsters by throwing weapons (Blood Drinker, Fire/Ice/Lightning/Dark/Poison Tomahawk) doesn't seem to give full (or sometimes, any) exp.

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Oh, maybe I can help out here. Calruin2 crashes when you teleport through to the smith's chamber while casting ice shield. I've done this multiple times as I'm sprinting with a raven mace and switch to ice shield before leaping in.

Edit: I think I've done it with both teleporters. It's not just the main one.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
keledrosruins/spawner3 does nothing at all.

Edit: Closer inspection of the problem shows that spawner1 didn't spawn the first try, then spawner3 didn't spawn about ten times in a row, and then spawner4 also stopped spawning. This was in a non-[FN] test map. I've never seen all six spawners work simultaneously.

Edit 2: Change that to: most of the time one of the spawners doesn't work, and in rare cases, two don't work.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
They don't do anything by themselves, obviously.

I've not looked over the script yet, but I suspect what you have there, is that the spawners need to be in place before Keledros spawns, or he won't initiate them. If you have Keledros and his spawners in the same monster spawn, there's no garuntee they will spawn before he does.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hrmm... Maybe related... I'd have to look the map over and see. Originally monsters in spawns all spawned simultaniously, which caused massive lag, but prevented the aformentioned issue, if they are indeed all on the same spawn.

I've never noticed this issue though... Note that the summon won't respawn if it's still alive somewhere. He's still limited to six.

Frankly, I don't much like the way his script works - it should really just be Keledros triggering monster spawns - which would be much simpler, and wouldn't limit the sort of monsters he could summon to the script end.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
dont know if anyone's encountered this bug before.
bugh.png

darktemplar

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Since I dedicated my main character in Master Sword Continued to be an archer, and mainly use archer related weapons such as small swords bows and crossbows and heavy crossbows, I don't really want to tell this glitch but I think I should anyway or people will be like WTF HACKER when I do it.
Double bolt shooting in under 40 mila seconds with cross bow and heavy crossbow, Hold down left click when holding the crossbow or heavy crossbow, wait about 2 to 4 seconds, and release then immediately after release click again and it should fire two bolts in under 40 mila seconds, Note sometimes this doesn't work if you try it near the third second, I dunno why but I know you definitely have to charge the bolt for longer then two seconds at the very least.
Heres the second glitch that I'm sure most of you are aware of and might have already been addressed but forgive me I don't wanna search through sixty five pages of bug reports looking to see if it has or not. You can collide with crossbow and heavy crossbow bolts as long as they arn't steel or default bolts, this can be easily used for making bolt ladders, shoot one near your feet facing a wall, jump, shoot a nother, jump shoot a nother, jump, etc.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Arrow jumping used to be a tradition in MSC - it's actually supposed to work with blunt wooden arrows too - but apparently I broke that function somehow. :\ Not really a bug somuchas a "feature", as Microsoft would say.

The double-attack thang we're not sure how to fix though. If we did, no doubt it would show up in Nerflog 2.0. >_>

As for reading through six pages of bug reports - most of the major bugs are covered in the top post, so just check there first. Tis true, nothing you mentioned there is, however. I shall add the double-attack bug.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
>_>

As much as I miss the grammar Nazi, maybe we can keep such critiques to those grammatical errors that appear in the game, in this particular thread. ;)

(And yes, I just ended a sentence in a preposition.)

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I suspect that you could fix the double attack bug by making the attack delay on the crossbows trigger upon the crossbow firing, instead of when you first "click".

It doesn't really make a difference though, since you fire the same amount of bolts (most likely less) over time using this bug.

A fix for the whole "lol your crossbow fires air until you hit the hotkey for it or manually go into the menu and put it in your bag/take it out again" thing would be nice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.