Bludgeon V2 (hopefully i finish.)

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yeah i now..i had to fix the punch animation for the archer...and create the charge animation for the old bludgeon until we get this one...
clearly fixing the punch was easy but animating such a thing from scratch couldt have been easy

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Btw forgot to say it needs bow animations, Nashalrath will have bludgeon archers, also bludgeons are skilled bowyers...of course they are nothing compared to elves but still...also they need a fireball animation for the warlocks

and can i have the basic skin?(pm) so i can mae the variants?

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Gurluas said:
Btw forgot to say it needs bow animations, Nashalrath will have bludgeon archers, also bludgeons are skilled bowyers...of course they are nothing compared to elves but still...also they need a fireball animation for the warlocks

No skin for you :p What "Varients" are you demanding?

I CBA to do a bow one, or a sourcer one. Its a big f*cking bull, he is mad and will kill you, not a skilled archer. He has an axe or hammer.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Yeah...Bows and eyes on the side of your head don't really mix, IMHO...However, they could have *some* magics...

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Gaz said:
Gurluas said:

No skin for you :p What "Varients" are you demanding?

I CBA to do a bow one, or a sourcer one. Its a big f*cking bull, he is mad and will kill you, not a skilled archer. He has an axe or hammer.

there are 3 variants
the feral mad ones that lives in the wild...(used in bloodrose)( has mad eyes and dirty fur)
the demonic ones (used in nashalrath) (red eyes, red armor and red fur, eyes burns with hatred for all living)
normal ones(just plain normal bludgeons, nice fur, leather armor,uses mauls, axes and bows) note: theese are not evil, they are tribal creatures and have almost died out because of demons and orcs.

the demons are necromancers and warlocks and archers and of course warriors,
the feral ones are just mad, some doestn even have weapon but will charge you with their horns.
normal ones have warriors and archers

i could fix the skin if you sent me the normal one since i have some adequate contacts

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i wrote the lore for em :p
its like having created something big...

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Well, my bludgeon, isn't nice. Normal ones will kill you, and I can make a mad/crazed skin for you, if you really really want.

Maybe if Im REALLY nice, I'll do a sourcerer anim for you too, but TBH, Ive had it with this model now. Its taken too long, and I just want to get it Done.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
just some fixes to make em nice...what i mean with "nice" is not corrupted and not demonic or mad...

D.Drew

Adventurer
Reaction score
Kokris666 said:
and Red.. i think ur retarted just as your sig says.

Who's the idiot here?

(Ontopic)
Hey, what happened to Vomica? He was doing a great job with the bludgedon, or do we not need him anymore for this? We should make a bludgedon the size of the gargantua. Lol, i'd like to see that thing punch someone.

(Offtopic again) Lol, it was funny seeing that spam, glad thothie didn't delete it.
(Offtopic even more)
Where's lanethan? Haven't seen him in-game nor seen a post from him(i used to stalk the forums :p)

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Hehe, as to Vomica; he was an awesome modeler for this mod... sucks, but all the good ones leave sooner rather than later.

As to Lanethan; last time I heard from him he had his thread in Off-Topic that was asking for opinions on his ideas & the likes... then he disappeared again :(

Lanethan

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
>_>

*sneaks away*

Back on topic: Yeah Gurluas did the lore for his bludgeon tribes, because the original MS design does not include them at all. However, if they're being used in the MS world, just like everything that I wrote, its eventually up to the mapper and scripter exactly how to use things. I didn't write up lore for skeletons. They're skeletons. And if you guys wanna put in some big cow beasties with axes that hate people, I'm sorry Gurluas, they have ever right to do so even if it disagrees with what you've written. Tis how it works.

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Anims still in progress, but here are some promo renders to wet your appitites.

Introducing Mr Bludgeon:

Main_Final.jpg

Mesh_Temp.jpg

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
that looks perfect as the normal kind...with a bit of more animalistic appearance you get the feral ones...and with demonic appearance you get the demons, nevertheless great work...this is just ...totally awesome

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Gaz said:
here are some promo renders to wet your appitites.
Someone needs to teach Gaz the difference between "wetting appetites" and outright torture. I know some girls in the S&M business you should talk to...

It'd be nice to have as extended an animation set as possible, since I assume this isn't going to conform to any existing bone set, but as for building Little-G's "bludgeon civilization". He can skin, and I'm sure he can resize models via Jed's HMV as well, so if he needs bludgeon civilians, bludgeon children, bludgeon women, bludgeon lawyers, and bludgeon real-estate agents, I'm sure he can work out the details of making those himself.

Still, it's too sweet a model to just waste on minions alone, so I'm sure we'll at least be making a boss variant and such via reskin/resize. Might not be a bad idea, therefore, to have one or two spell casting anims, stomp, charge, and the like. Although I realize anims seem to be, by far, the hardest part of modeling - so if you have a release ready without the extended anims, just release that, just to make sure it actually happens, and worry about the rest later. Tis my advice at least.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Gaz said:
here are some promo renders to wet your appitites.
Someone needs to teach Gaz the difference between "wetting appetites" and outright torture. I know some girls in the S&M business you should talk to...

It'd be nice to have as extended an animation set as possible, since I assume this isn't going to conform to any existing bone set, but as for building Little-G's "bludgeon civilization". He can skin, and I'm sure he can resize models via Jed's HMV as well, so if he needs bludgeon civilians, bludgeon children, bludgeon women, bludgeon lawyers, and bludgeon real-estate agents, I'm sure he can work out the details of making those himself.

Still, it's too sweet a model to just waste on minions alone, so I'm sure we'll at least be making a boss variant and such via reskin/resize. Might not be a bad idea, therefore, to have one or two spell casting anims, stomp, charge, and the like. Although I realize anims seem to be, by far, the hardest part of modeling - so if you have a release ready without the extended anims, just release that, justt to make sure it actually happens, and worry about the rest later. Tis my advice at least.

Nashalrath has a bludgeon demon king

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I'll do some skin variants, if you can give me a sensible set of anims I'll work on them as best I can :)

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
the king probably has a magic anim, a stomp anim, a charge anim and he will proabably wear a demonic enchanted axe...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Desired anims in order of how critical they would be to such a script:

idle
walk
run
attack (swing axe)

jump
long_jump

charge_start (lower head, stomp feeet)
charge (lower head, double LX run)
stomp (raise and drop one foot, for oversized variants)

warcry (raise arms, look up, rawr - see orc)

spell_projectile (raise arms, throw arms foward)
spell_summon (raise arms, wave)
(TBH, I'd probably just use warcry for summon)

kneel (maybe for NPC interactions with chief)
kneel_idle

It'd also be useful if the weapon was on a submodel, so that it could be toggled, or others could be added later.

If ya give me the source, I can work in events. Little easier to do it from my end, if I wind up writing the script for it. Still, for the attack, ya may want to stick one in so I at least know the frame you intend to be the contact point. If you want it to have walk sounds, the same would be true for when the hoofs hit the floor.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Sounds good, nice anim set as for giving him weapons i can do that...i practiced on that with the elf its easy

Lanethan

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Hell, you should submodel the weapon just so the players can pick one up. *chop chop*

Fantastic work by the way. Your stuff never fails to impress me Gaz.