Beta Worldmap Discussion

Raptor

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Looks good to me, but to the shrinkspell after keledros ruins: HELL NO

I've seen enough bat rats imitation maps, not that I'm saying it will be bad, but this mod really doesn't need one.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
bruin is an above ground city, but there is nothing of melanion above ground except for the entrance..

Lanethan

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
To the poster who said there should be more towns up north:

I disagree. When I'm playing, it seems like a minimum amount of time is actually spent in town maps (basically its a buy-fest that last for much too long because people won't zone out). Plus, the northern areas are designed to be more and more dangerous, and thus less and less civilized areas exist in them. I think having a group of like 8 maps straight without any 'rests' between them adds quite a feeling of adventure to a game.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Kinda under the impression that the northern lands were devastated by the forces of evil in the last war, and never quite came back, so there's not much civilization up there. There's profit to be made recovering ancient weapons from the lingering forces of evil though, so there's at least a trade post in Tundra for the boat to dock at, and may haps another near The Wall.

...and of course, sometimes those forces don't linger so much as become an active threat.

As for Little G's complaint, sorry, we take what we can get.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Jax said:
Not to mention a desert map (probably should be Rats'd so it'll be more vast) :D
Exactly what do you mean by "ratsing" a map? You can't make anything bigger than the Goldsource map limit, and most MasterSword: Continued maps (such as the plains of Daragoth) are as big as Goldsource maps can get.

Rat maps are just super-scaled rooms.

However, ESF scaled down the player models so the world appears to be bigger. But doing that in MasterSword: Continued would require all models to be scaled down for such a "rats'd" map.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Kinda under the impression that the northern lands were devastated by the forces of evil in the last war, and never quite came back, so there's not much civilization up there. There's profit to be made recovering ancient weapons from the lingering forces of evil though, so there's at least a trade post in Tundra for the boat to dock at, and may haps another near The Wall.

...and of course, sometimes those forces don't linger so much as become an active threat.

As for Little G's complaint, sorry, we take what we can get.

if you intend to my saying about melanion your forget the elven capitol is builded over it...there is simpley nowhere to place the aboveground.

$inisterisK

New Adventurer
Reaction score
okay i got a cool concept for the observatory. :oldlol:
im gonna map it real quick, btw how do i get world models into msc?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Little G - it is now.

Vomica - env_model

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
the master sword continued fgd file is included with the game, its in the msc/dev folder.

as for other fgd's...you'll need the half life fgd..thats all i know of

Tao

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Lanethan said:

I disagree. When I'm playing, it seems like a minimum amount of time is actually spent in town maps (basically its a buy-fest that last for much too long because people won't zone out). Plus, the northern areas are designed to be more and more dangerous, and thus less and less civilized areas exist in them. I think having a group of like 8 maps straight without any 'rests' between them adds quite a feeling of adventure to a game.

Yes, now that I read your opinion I agree that we don't need towns in the northern area.
But merchants who sell pots would be great.

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Tao said:
Lanethan said:

Yes, now that I read your opinion I agree that we don't need towns in the northern area.
But merchants who sell pots would be great.

merchants with pot are the best.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
only if we had a map like this somewhere in game... so we could see where we are, where we have been, where we have not been (with clouds like red alert or guild wars)

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
First time I've laid eyes on that map: awesome... that's all I have to say... Awesome To The Max!!!

davidos

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I'm making one in 3 d view. Your map might come in handy.

I don't think I am ever going to complete it, seeing I am really busy, + I would need to draw it seeing bspviewer doesn't have textures and is bugged on some ends.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
You know, thothie, theres a great room in edana just waiting to be used, and I think your nightmares fit right into it. The four horsmen room in edana could be a hub where you go to the nightmares, how you have N_thornlands would be appropriate for plague. You could do such themes and even develope it into what the world would be if old Lor was running things. I know you've got more than 4 maps in plan, but you could tie multiples to each painting, plus this would give people a reson to go back to edana. Mainly I just really really want that room to be used for something important.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
perhaps you use an item with each of the four tablets, and that fountain changes to a doorway in some sort of nifty fashion that can be made much cooler looking in source ;)