Aleyesu: Sands of Time [REL]

Rickler

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Re: Aleyesu: Sands of Time [completed]

now he spawns but the chest doesn't, another multi manager borke or a chest problem?

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score

Looking through the properties of the monsters in this map using BSP Viewer (to find some script names), I noticed this:
Code:
origin	   	-1472 2432 0
dmgmulti    	.1
hpmulti	   .1
targetname	  rat
angles		   0 90 0
spawnarea	cobras1
defscriptfile	monsters/cobra
spawnchance	100
lives		1
delayhigh	200
delaylow	100
classname	msmonster_giantrat
The dmgmulti and hpmulti variables have a restriction:
Code:
• New msmonster_XXXX/ms_npc property: hpmulti 
- Multiplies the monsters base HP by this amount (if > 1) 
• New msmonster_XXXX/ms_npc property: dmgmulti 
- Multiplies the monster DMG by this amount (if > 1)

If you want weaker cobras, you will have to bug Thothie :wink:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Dunno why you would though... They are non-agro, save the giant ones.

At least that's better than trying to weaken the bludgeons with 100dmg per second lasers. ;) But no, dmg/hp multipliers only work if >1 due to the insanely easy map editing exploits that would result otherwise.

Rickler said:
now he spawns but the chest doesn't, another multi manager borke or a chest problem?
I think you need to KISS the whole boss/chest spawn system. Try to get it down to two or three events.

Please see if you can pull it with -onlyents though. I think folks are getting frustrated hitting the "map does not match servers" errors on every-other server they go to.

If it was a smaller map, I'd stick it in the betapack whole for consistency. I can add any ripent edits you want to do, however.

If you put the chest where Venevus spawns (as I think ye did) - his exit sparklers will mark it pretty well, you could save the hl portal effects that way.

I could, if you wanted, have the death script itself drop the chest there when it leaves.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

A portal that leads to a black and white boss room of Keledros from keledros ruin containing the chest would be nice

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score

FER said:
A portal that leads to a black and white boss room of Keledros from keledros ruin containing the chest would be nice
I don't think a map this massive can fit much more new rooms :wink:
Rickler mentioned something about almost hitting the MAX_MAP_CLIPNODES limit by the way.

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score

I got to an ice room like in the maze and nothing happened >_>?

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

I just completed it again and the boss spawned. :D The treasure didn't, though. :| And before y'all ask, yes I did patch and yes I did clear my cache.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Think I'm going to rig that script to drop the chest if it isn't already there.

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ok i and a few people have gotten to certain areas like sands of time area with hourglass.....i have seen ppl in the pit around it floating..is that a trap or mistake or just to make it harder to kill monsters?
Also grats on the Starry Night room...i died the first time just looking around it..it was awesome....But that brings up a question....Is the boss there invincible or was he bugged? Because no matter how many times we swung nothing no miss no he is immune to this or that no hits no nothing but then whammo he spell casts me and my friends into oblivion...
If thats the way he is and we need to find a way to beat him then ok we can do that after a couple tries...but if thats bugged please tell us so we dont go insane thinking our comps are frazzled again.. :oldlol:
But again GRATS this map is my first favorite only one other looks near as cool as it.....

Allentrill

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Keledros 2.0 (or is it Keledros, the prequil - IDK! ><) is immune to non-magical attacks, just like his distant cousin Venevus.

The air pit, I assume, is for entertainment purpouses - duck and unduck and you can spring out in a jiffy.

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Well now thats helpful we just kept dying in air pit trying to jump out....lol
And ty for the advise on Keledrosy I never even tried using magic....i kept trying to shoot him with xbow...lol

Allentrill

Tetsmega1

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
I just realized, Rickler is a fan of Avatar huh?

The time room is VERY similar to the time room in Avatar(ep 209 or 210)

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Also, the button you press to make the room transform looks almost exactly like a DHD from Stargate SG-1. :p

Lanethan

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Okay, so that looks like the prettiest map I've seen yet. By a long shot.

Is that part of the official world? If not, it should be, call it part of the Aluhandra desert if you ask me.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeeeah, sadly we had someone working on Aluhandra at the same time... But he got distracted when he slept with two blondes, or something... In the end we connected it to Bloodrose.

There should be an empty transition on this map, somewhere. I think we can probably tie it to Aluhandra through there – although that desert is going to have to move in some very odd arc to make that physically possible, and still match up with the ms_wicardoven connection.

Tis one of the issues I've had working up a new betamap - some of these connections are physically impossible.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Blah, I gotta make a whole lot of giant critter scripts for that area, and I can't even finish the scripts I currently have on cue in a week, never mind those. :| There is, again, however, nothing saying that Aluhandra cannot be made up of multiple maps.