Votes: 17 68.0%
  • No, I would not.

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters

BioRage

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
If I were to host a sever with no MAP VOTING, except for maps that do not connect (Log..., etc.) Would you guys play in it?

Just curious, Would make things more relistic :oldangry:, in a sense that you actually gotta use the transitions and travel places, more adventure like.

Comments are needed / opinions.

Werd.

http://www.thothie.com/msc_dev2/world_map_JUL2007.jpg

Due to many people intrested, I will try this out, see how it works.

Severs going to be up for the night, and most of the day tommorw, if my router doesen't DC, but it should be fine, I restarted it today...

I need people to mainly test out the sever for the time period, see how it does, etc... Max players is 6/6..

I need testers, and to report back to here, I belive mapvote is disabled for now, I got the brand new, edited SC.DLL in there, so it should be all fine..

IP: 99.253.60.42:27016, Name "Realism Test Sever [FN]"

Please post in here, to tell me how the sever handels,

So far I've gotten messages from J-M, FER, that it has been steadily... Need more opinions, and other comments,

Thanks.

For those who do not know where they are going, please look at this map, it should guide you...

http://www.thothie.com/msc_dev2/world_map_JUL2007.jpg

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
You host a map server with no map votes so i can transistion and you allow me to join and ill play it...I like transistioning makes it worth while to have to go through a map to get to one...

Allentrill

My vote...do it

Tradion

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
make sure you can vote to Edana too, just like MS and not MSC. That way when you finish loda, you can go back to the reg maps..

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
You can already do this. There's a command in the listen/server.cfg that turns off being able to vote for any map, save for unconnected maps and towns. Look through that and you'll find it; I can't remember the command right now.

BioRage

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
CrazyMonkeyDude said:
You can already do this. There's a command in the listen/server.cfg that turns off being able to vote for any map, save for unconnected maps and towns. Look through that and you'll find it; I can't remember the command right now.

Don't think you read my post.

BioRage

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Don't you just random votes who put no for no reasons? Show's you kids attitudes.

Well yeah, Whenever blasto sends me my dam accepted password :wink:

Tull

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
It's an idea I really like. It would make it more realistic and epic. Actually having to walk around the world makes it feel more connected and pure, instead of knowing all the maps by name and "teleporting" here and there.

But then again, I'm a lazy bum and walking isn't for me. I like when things are close and can be fetched quickly. (Thus, Im carrying around all the mayor items at hand, none-tickeded so I can pick whatever i need. Also, my computer is placed between my kitchen and my bed (one room apartment), so I can roll it over (desk with wheels) to the kitchen when Im thirsty/hungry or bed when I feel sleepy)
I could probably play unconnected maps, but, damn, Im too lazy to walk all the way to snow or wicardoven. :/

Vote: Sometimes.

brian4

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Would make farming and training tough, so I'm going to have to vote no.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Farming and training are *suppose* to be tough, and it was my impression that once the game is finalized there *won't* be mapvotes save "hub" and "safe" maps such as edana, helena, deralia, thornlands and other non attacking/town/level 0-10 maps with a lot of crossroads. So just to travel to effing lodagond would take going from the closest town (at least 4-5 maps away) and fighting through to the transitions, then making it all the way through loda. Just getting to loda-1 would take 30-45 mins minimum if I'm guessing right about how far away loda will be and in what area it will be accessable from.

To me... that would be a *good* thing, because only a few people would have killed Maldora by now, let alone figured out how to get a BD. But, this is one of the perks of playing a game in beta, we have access to all of the content at out fingertips at the sacrifice for a complete/balanced game.

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I used to play the old MS just by transitioning. I can't even remember if you had to but it was very fun. I'm pretty sure it was forced. I don't think it would be great to force it right now because of so many unconnected maps and maps that require a large group of people. You won't be able to find a server to play on because there are so many maps.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Good ideia i voted yes because it would turn MSC more interisting in a point that we would have to travel from map to map by transitions but it might give some problems to some maps that dont have transition points, with this i mean its like some of the maps arent connected in a group wich would raise questions about it. (do it and ill play in it!) :mrgreen:

Wolfhound

New Adventurer
Reaction score
It's a good idea because it allows for the discovery of some of the more difficult to get to transitions. The way it is now, transitions being difficult to get to means nothing, you just warp to the map.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
A great idea if there was more Low level servers (hp 0-450) and they disabled votemap. If you're a level 30, Im sure you'd already know where everything is so votemapping is like a privilege.

I'm not saying that BioRage's server would be better if it only served for low levels, just that votemap is disabled on low level servers would also be a great idea IMO. :D

BioRage

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Severs going to be up for the night, and most of the day tommorw, if my router doesen't DC, but it should be fine, I restarted it today...

I need people to mainly test out the sever for the time period, see how it does, etc... Max players is 6/6..

I need testers, and to report back to here, I belive mapvote is disabled for now, I got the brand new, edited SC.DLL in there, so it should be all fine..

IP: 99.253.60.42:27016, Name "Realism Test Sever [FN]"

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Not voting, but just to warn ye, I used to have the AMX vote system setup like this on my server. So I thought I should warn ye that, in addition to the fact that you lose about half your clientel (as the voting suggests), what also tends to happen, is only custom maps get played, as no one wants to seem to bother to learn where the regular maps are. Tis why I quit doing it that way myself.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I really think all servers should go to this eventually, it would solve tons of problems with rares not being rares and quests being figured out in a matter of hours after release. I feel that votemap for anywhere is a privalige the beta crowd is getting, but it should be phased out as the world takes a more definite and connected shape.

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
elfstone222 said:
I really think all servers should go to this eventually, it would solve tons of problems with rares not being rares and quests being figured out in a matter of hours after release. I feel that votemap for anywhere is a privalige the beta crowd is getting, but it should be phased out as the world takes a more definite and connected shape.

The problem is that you can't spawn on a map your char is not on. There already are a "small" number of servers/players and if you can't join a game and can't play on your own/with one or two other people for anything good then it won't work out. It tends to work better when you play as a group and adventure together.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I love map transitioning. It's much more fun playing this way. However it is a huge change to implement.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
You can spawn on any map. Taking out map voting would not change this.

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
You can spawn on any map. Taking out map voting would not change this.

That certainly makes it easier to find a game but it still takes away from the adventure feel. I think that a forced system is good for a number of reasons even with the shortfalls. However, just removing votemap will make people jump servers a lot more but at least you get a number of people to use the transitions.