That great axe...

Should Great Axe and Skullblade speeds be altered?

• Only make Skullblade faster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only make Greataxe slower

• Axe slower and sword faster

• Keep speeds the same (I <3 Bludgeons)

• Total voters

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
So no, it's not something you should be able to 1hit kill a boar with at level 6. In MS 1.3, it woulda took about 12 strikes to kill a boar with the SB at Level 6 (granted, it only came in one variety).

that doesn't sound correct to me... i still have the ol 1.3 install and imma check that (exaggerration)

yeah, you are most definetely right about the difficulty to get these items. Though I have never seen a perfect skull in the thornlands (never hunted it
enough i suppose)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Oh, it's not even that hard - think of a different timidus texdor.

Also the Rusty Skull Blade has base attributes of 100Dmg(+/-10) and 50% accuracy. VS. The Perfect Skull Blade's 350Dmg(+/-20) and 65% accuracy vs. Great Axe's 800Dmg(+/-150) and 25% accuracy.

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
"True strength comes not from the weapon but the warrior weilding the weapon" (Dee Dee Dee!)

Yeah, i just tried out the perfect skull on my "main" character... xx/30 each hit was dropping 80-85s (lvl 25 swordskill)

IF two of those hits landed in succession i would be dealing a whopping 160-170 compared to the 3-4 hits of my tork doing 60-200 (dmg of my tork is 20-50)

I compared the perfect skullblade damage to the greater iceblade and found the damage of the gib near the same with an accuracy of xx/20 and it seemed to be slightly faster :oldshock:

(did all testing on black bears/iceboars whom if i am correct have no armor defence or wutevar) um, did it on blastos server too so maybe it's incorrect

goddamn... twas such a bitch hunting for that damned tork... and now it seems like well... A WASTE! lawl :oldlol:

the only thing i can't wait to see is when my sword balance is high enough to be xx/0 or 1 or something unbelievably low (i think now it's 11)

edit:
wow, actually on ur server i was swinging xx/26, on blastos is where i was getting xx/30

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
By way of comparison the Ice Blade base damage is 350dmg (+/-10) with 70% accuracy, and the Greater Ice Blade 375dmg(+/-15) with 75% accuracy. Each is 0.1 seconds faster than the current Skull Blade.
(again, The Perfect Skull Blade's 350dmg(+/-20) and 65%)

Granted, there's the ice magical attribute to take into account - which means the ice blades are not as effective against undead, more effective against a smattering of other creatures, bypasses slash damage resistance on yet other creatures, and can freeze things in their tracks or slow them and do a small amount of extra DOT. Unlike the SB, the ice blades series are actually considered magical weapons for game mechanics, rather than just well crafted.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
By way of comparison the Ice Blade base damage is 350dmg (+/-10) with 70% accuracy, and the Greater Ice Blade 375dmg(+/-15) with 75% accuracy. Each is 0.1 seconds faster than the current Skull Blade.
(again, The Perfect Skull Blade's 350dmg(+/-20) and 65%)
Lesser Ice Blade: 150dmg (+/-120) @ 75% accuracy. Close to on-par with the regular short sword, save the ice effect, so it doesn't really enter into the discussion. ;)