Crazy weapon idea

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
A "soul" weapon attainable as a high level quest. It will be a weapon better than any weapon of that school. It will have a name like "Sabre's Soul Blade" And the weapon can only deal its uber damage when held by the player who it is named after. If someone else picks it up... the accuracy will be xx/99 and if you land a 100 roll the weapon will do .01 damage. Each miss will damage the incorrect user too.

the quest will give a single item from a choice of the combat schools.

Each weapon swing will cost 1 mana point 5 for the axe which will swing slower but do great damage.

for archery maybe a bow with a perfect straight shot (if possible) and/or The fastest speed, with the cost of 1 mana for every shot, along with an arrow if available.

Magic shouldn't be left out... A rod that fires multiple spells at once each higher charge fires the next level up of spells... each spell cast in these are half or maybe 1/4 mana cost.
firedart,frostbolt,erratic,poison
fireball,blizzard,storm,cloud
volc,freezsphere,chainl,acidbolt OMG BBQ UBER

Thought I'd throw it out there... if possible adds specialization, And a unique weapon weapon.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!! said:
A "soul" weapon attainable as a high level quest. It will be a weapon better than any weapon of that school. It will have a name like "Sabre's Soul Blade" And the weapon can only deal its uber damage when held by the player who it is named after. If someone else picks it up... the accuracy will be xx/99 and if you land a 100 roll the weapon will do .01 damage. Each miss will damage the incorrect user too.

the quest will give a single item from a choice of the combat schools.

Each weapon swing will cost 1 mana point 5 for the axe which will swing slower but do great damage.

for archery maybe a bow with a perfect straight shot (if possible) and/or The fastest speed, with the cost of 1 mana for every shot, along with an arrow if available.

Magic shouldn't be left out... A rod that fires multiple spells at once each higher charge fires the next level up of spells... each spell cast in these are half or maybe 1/4 mana cost.
firedart,frostbolt,erratic,poison
fireball,blizzard,storm,cloud
volc,freezsphere,chainl,acidbolt OMG BBQ UBER

Thought I'd throw it out there... if possible adds specialization, And a unique weapon weapon.
Heh...Why me? :p
I like the idea of having name specific weaponry...But is it possible?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Each weapon would have to have its own script. The wand idea wouldn't work, either.

Ain't gonna happen, in other words >_>

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Did we even have plans for apostle class weapons? Those won't be coming for a long time, methinks. I'm gonna remodel them all so that we can use the old models for regular weapons; for example, the gold longsword. The dreadscythe is already done.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I believe that apostle weapons were planned to come out with the end-game maps.

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
That gave me an idea, Weapons for guild leaders only ^^ leaders must have rewards too :D

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
That means people will create guilds just so they can get at the guildmaster-only rewards.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
WeissberV said:
That gave me an idea, Weapons for guild leaders only ^^ leaders must have rewards too :D

Yeah...And then the guild leaders start distributing them accordingly.

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
Tentadrilus said:
That means people will create guilds just so they can get at the guildmaster-only rewards.

5+ members first :p

Dark

New Adventurer
Reaction score
quick question---- Why are wands out of the question? instead of something as dramatic as rapid fire... how about a slightly increased rate of fire or a small damage boost?

Anyway... i am in agreement i think that guild based weapons would make a fantastic impact on the Role play side of the game... imagine it Two rival guilds line up for battle... each holding their ranked weapons (i.e: Not only leaders get weapons but so do the members with decreasing power as they go down the ranks...)

Sure its work... But if you say... make a shortlist of 4-5 guilds (dependant on age and memberlist) then that would only mean a further 20-25 weapons (giving 5 ranks per guild) The weapons would not have to be massivley powerful just something of an identity that fits in with the game system...

Followers of a Dark (evil) faction could maybe weild something that allows some bonus against light or holy creatures.. and visa versa Light gets adv of undead and evil...

The possiblities are endless!

Personallisation to a weapon however would require incredible amounts of work and scripting for little return (what if the player quits... useless download and files)

however--->>>>> if guilded weapons were to be introduced, maybe the leaders weapon could be personalised (to stop members of another faction stealing a rival factions weapon) (this would only require 4-5 scripts to be made)

Also... Why does this have to be limited to Weapons.... Support items, Armor etc could be guild orientated

Sure its work... but why develop a mod... and not expect work?!

(i'm not being disrespectfull to the dev team because i've been there and Kudos you've done a great job! Love you guys :p

xxx

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Guild (leader) weapons? Pass >_> Too many exploits/other bad things.

Wands aren't out of the question; the idea that you can use a multi-shot is.

HomestarR

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
The "Blade of Urdual"

A perfectly balanced blade that has the special ability to be thrown like a boomerang. Does equal damage to good and evil forces.