Xbox live troubles

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I've found that the slightest touch to the xbox360 while playing a game can create a deep circular scratch on a disc, totally ruining it.

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
according to this thread, the ps3 owns the xbox 360, as i allready knew... :/

Mikkel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
WeissberV said:

You got it wrong, PC PWNS..

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
Mikkel said:
WeissberV said:

You got it wrong, PC PWNS..

only if ur rich enough to actually upgrade to the quad cores and decent graphics cards yeah...

Fehi

New Adventurer
Reaction score
There are things consoles are better at and things pc's are better at. I personally say PC's are awesome with first person shooters but blow when it comes to racing or platformers. Not to mention the cost to be able to run these things.

When you buy a console you don't need to constantly upgrade it to play the latest games. How ever PC's are better in my opinion because they just do so much. Sure it can play games but it can also do an assload of other things. Consoles are trying to emulate that ability and I see them as gimmicks.

They seem good at first until you put it into practice. Sure online play is good but browsing for a game that does not lag like hell is a complete other thing.

But in the end I have to say.

Who cares which console is best or what's better PC's or consoles? Shut up and play some games already!

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
someday the line between consoles and PC's will blur... Oh wait that day is already here, PS3 can have a linux OS installed on it :p console computer for the pointless!

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thanks Blasto for giving people yet another reason to buy a PS3 :oldlol:

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I'm sold already, but PC has priority(But I'm not gonna need upgrades for a looooong time after this weekend).

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Nice, another band member for Rock Band! (That is if you get it).

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
... If consoles and PC's are the same animal, that really bumps out many of the issues that tend to polarize gamers when arguing about this issue. Games and gameplay issues can't be considered. Granted, some things are currently exclusive to either platform, for example Halo 3 is only on X-Box, Crysis only on the PC. Wii Sports with the totally awesome motion controllers are only on the Wii, while the incredible MMO capabilities of the PC and games like World of Warcraft can't be touched on a console. All of this is currently true, but the fact of the matter is, not for long! Both being in essence computers, all of these software and tech features are fully capable of being ported over to the other platforms. That's what we're seeing as a trend, the blurring of the line between the PC and the console. Those are evolutions in the industry and in technology that are not impossible by any means. It will just take time.

There are differences, though, that are irreconcilable. These differences make up the real core of the issue. The console is an appliance. Consoles are simple, plug and play, and come at a price point that make them much more accessible. PC's are complicated hardware/software systems and can be hugely expensive. They are complex machines and are infinitely configurable, programmable, and modifiable. This ultimately comes down to a price and usability difference that will always be there.

This draws the line a little clearer. You can see that the platforms in essence cater to a completely different user base. PC's are the only avenue to satisfying the insatiable hunger of the enthusiast for the bleeding edge of technology. For many enthusiasts, their passion is gaming at the highest level of realism. Consoles can't and don't need to provide that. Consoles need to provide easy access to gaming for non-technical people who don't want to spend many thousands of dollars.

So, is it a wonder that the PC Gaming market has a smaller chunk of the pie? Is the future of PC gaming really unsure? Not really, because enthusiasts are by definition the "extreme" class. Being extreme means being in the minority. However, that same point makes PC Gaming more important, more significant than console gaming! PC Gaming drives the industry to innovate, to push the bar on the high end. Consider the recent Crysis launch, and how many people are totally disappointed that they can't run this game at the highest detail levels. Why does nVidia align itself so closely with game launches like this? nVidia graphics chips are in XBox's, do they talk about that at all? Not really, because Crysis on the PC is what is going to allow them to sell their highest-end, cutting-edge, and most expensive graphics technologies. The industry needs game publishers who will create gaming software that will stretch the limits of hardware. You have to have new products being constantly injected into the high-end if you want to drive down the cost of the current technology. Without a high-end, you can't have a low-end and hence, PC Gaming is here to stay. gg.

Just thought this was interesting, even tho it doesn't apply to the current argument (being which is better)
It merely defends the PC from becoming obsolete.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
BTW consoles being gimmicks? we are talking about playing games, not multitask crap.

On a side note:Ill say it again, nowaday gamers are graphic whores.

Graphics can suck my cock, its games I actually care about

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Well said FER... That is why we play this game?

Gameplay over graphics any day.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
P|Barnum said:

yes another band member indeed (that is if he gets the game)

and yes game play over graphics is the best any day, oh how I love you turtles 4 turtles in time.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Golden Eye for N64 has got to be the best game ever. That game will never die, I still play it with my brothers/friends.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Blasto121 said:
P|Barnum said:

yes another band member indeed (that is if he gets the game)

and yes game play over graphics is the best any day, oh how I love you turtles 4 turtles in time.
I call drums, when I get it!

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
If you have RB for PS3. My PSN is P Barnum. Send me an invite some day and we will rock out.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
my PSN should be obvious, so same deal with me wanna rock? just let me know.