Xbox live troubles

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Damn dashboard updates, glitching my console.

I signed in today, and tried to download a demo rated mature. (Def Jam Icon - if it helps, I have downloaded and played it before on this account)

It said : Your account is not able to download games with this rating.

I've checked in my family settings and in console ratings, it says I;m allowed to play all rated games and my xbox live settings say I can download anything based on that rating setting.

So my question is.. Why the hell can't I download the demo when I have it set so I can?

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Yeah I get the same thing when I try to download the Beautiful Katamari demo.

Must be something messed up on their end? I've not checked the site, but I'm sure there's information on there about it.

Doing a google search, it seems that Xbox Live! members younger than 18 are not allowed to download demos or trailers rated "M" or "RP".

Even though I AM 18, the account is still registered under my dad, because I was 16 when I made it. I might have to get his information to change my accout info to be able to download "M" or "RP" content.

So, it seemeth me, that you're SOL...eth.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Get a PS3.

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
CrazyMonkeyDude said:
Yeah I get the same thing when I try to download the Beautiful Katamari demo.

Must be something messed up on their end? I've not checked the site, but I'm sure there's information on there about it.

Doing a google search, it seems that Xbox Live! members younger than 18 are not allowed to download demos or trailers rated "M" or "RP".

Even though I AM 18, the account is still registered under my dad, because I was 16 when I made it. I might have to get his information to change my accout info to be able to download "M" or "RP" content.

So, it seemeth me, that you're SOL...eth.

Damn, that sucks. Thanks for the help, though.

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Get a Wii for half the price.

*holds up flame-retardant shield*

lol I said retard

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
yay console battle again!

I have converted everyone I have met into getting a PS3.

why did I do this?

simple because when I explain all the features of an Xbox 360 it ends at well its got a lot of games and good online ability.

while the PS3 I can explain has Blue ray, remote play with the PSP (which by the way now lets you play PS1 games anywhere you can find a wifi hot spot), better hardware, and at some point will have the nifty program called home.

and lets face it the Xbox360 has this nasty habit of breaking, its failure rate is what like 33 percent or some thing, and don't say its more like 3-5 percent those are the figures pulled straight from Microsofts ass.

and as for J-M yes everyone knows that you think all consoles blow chunks and the PC is the only way to go. Unless this opinion has changed in the past 6 months?

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Blasto121 said:
and as for J-M yes everyone knows that you think all consoles blow chunks and the PC is the only way to go. Unless this opinion has changed in the past 6 months?
Yeah that's still my opinion.
Find it offensive? Go villager on my ass :p

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
So only graphics matter, right?

Seriously, in this new age of awesome graphics, even the most disgusting games get disguised as good games, specially with the pussy gamers of nowadays that only care about graphic

Paranoia VS Afraid of Monsters DC is the perfect example

Some people even dared to call Paranoia the best singleplayer mod for HL, but its not even near classics like they hunger in terms of gameplay.

On the other hand we have AoM DC with is not nearly as good looking, however it has really good maps and the game actually makes you replay it to see everything

If In this Mod of the year contest in Moddb Paranoia doesnt win as best mod of 2007, I will have some faith in gaming humanity

Shadeska

New Adventurer
Reaction score
As embarassing as it is, I, for one, still play Pokemon Red on my old Gameboy Color.

Now THAT'S gameplay over graphics.

So is Link's Awakening, Mega Man 1 & 3, Metroid 2, and we mustn't forget the (possibly) best-game-of-all-time, Symphony of the Night! But I still hate Tetris.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
IF you can get a PS3 to interact with your LAN and function as an external HDD, then it truly wins.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Which you probably can.

PS3 has free online play, WiFi, Many good games coming out this year, Home, eight processors, awesome video card, easy access to the HDD (for easy upgrading).

Xbox 360 has Halo which was awesome, Halo 2 was ok and Gayblow 3 which was terrible.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
you can, I have friends who stream videos from there computer to the PS3 to watch it on there TV. It also works the other way, or I can put video files on the PS3 than watch it anywhere I find a wifi hot spot or if I feel really crazy I can stream the video from the computer the PS3 is connecting to as the entertainment server and watch it that way.

This is why I enjoy my system, that and the games. Then again I are collector of games.

I am not sure where the argument about games needing super bad graphics to be good came from? All I stated was the PS3 had the better specs, better specs doesn't have to translate to better graphics. It can also translate to more realistic physic calculations or better AI performance.

Anyway I avoided most console debate stuff because the majority of this community thinks all consoles are crap except for the N64 apparently.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Dayum...I definitely need a PS3, if I can use it as an external HDD...You collect games, I collect music :D

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
yes I are a rather big collector of games, so far I have reached the sum of 600+ games.

Oh and FYI the PS3 hard drive can be upgraded to any size. I believe its a standard SATA 3Gbs/sec drive.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
What do you mean by upgraded? You can tear it out and plug in a 1TB? :D

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
you can pull the 40 Gig or 80 Gig drive and replace it with any 2.5-inch SATA notebook harddisk, it is recommended that it be a 5400 RPM drive though any speed should be fine.

*edit*

also you may attach any external drive to extend memory even further if you so wanted.

The Valorous

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I miss the Dreamcast... except for the clunky controller.

As for current "next gen" consoles, I already settled for a 360... because I got that (plus 17 games, 3 controllers, console insurance, and live components) for $200 from some dude who didn't have the time to play it and wanted to buy a Wii instead.

It still works after 6 months, but it did break my NCAA 08 football game.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Xbox has a hard time NOT scratching games to an unplayable state.